Customer Reviews: Shark Light and Easy Steam Mop (S3251)
Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Presto! Laundry Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fin fin fin  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis hhnsweeps Shop Cycling on Amazon Fit for Fall Save on select BOB strollers, Car Seats & Accessories

on March 30, 2014
This is a good little mop for a pretty good price. I love that once you have it there is nothing more to buy; all you need is water to clean and a washing machine to clean off the reusable pads. It does require that you move it back and forth to keep the steam going, which might be rough for a really large area. However, it is extremely light, and takes up very little space. It does a great job of cleaning the synthetic floors in our four bedroom apartment, even after twelve people carved pumpkins on the floor!

The most effective way to use it is regularly, say every 2-3 weeks and following major messes, since it will take a lot of elbow grease to remove months of ground in dirt. However, it can do that if need be. After years of cleaning my parents white linoleum kitchen floors (not a good flooring choice, but we did not choose them), with a Swiffer wet mop and yearly hand-and-knees scrubbings, 3 or 4 passes with this got us much closer to white than the Swiffer ever did. There are probably more sturdy mops out there, but if you are looking for a cost effective and chemical-free solution, this is a good mop for you.
0Comment| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2012
This is a great lite & easy steam mop, it works well for light cleaning or keeping up regular cleaning often. I have two large dogs & a white linoleum floor & it keeps them very clean. I saw some poor reviews that I disagree with for the model & price it is a great product, and so are the pads that come with it they last a very long time if you don't let the dirt dry on them & follow the instructions for how to launder them: liquid detergent only, no powder, no softener, warm water, separately, line dry or very low dryer setting. Also if you have any areas with grease build up or other product build up, pre-clean the floor the first time before use, or it may ruin the pad. I have one pad that I only use on the heavier soiled areas so that one doesn't come as clean as the others, but that is why I keep it for that specific use, I also use stain remover on it prior to laundering it. If people aren't getting the steam they think they should be, they can contact the company, or if this happens after many uses clean it with vinegar & water and then use distilled water only, as minerals in tap water are not good for any kind of steamer, they build up & block the nozzles. If you want a steamer mop stronger than this one with larger heavy duty pads, I'd suggest buying the shark pocket mop, but the cost goes up. This is a great product at a great price & I have no complaints after 2 plus years...
11 comment| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2015
I liked it while it worked. I used it maybe 6 times and it just stopped producing steam. Would heat up, but when pumped nothing came out. I tried all the tricks- q-tip, CLR, vinegar, nothing worked. Already threw away the box so can't return it. Lesson learned to keep the box until after the return window closes :(
VINE VOICEon January 26, 2012
I would have never bought a steam mop before. I didn't see the point. My house is mostly white tile and I scrub it by hand so why buy another floor tool that wont actually scrub the gunk off? Found it at walmart during black Friday and bought it for $20 just to see what it was about. I use it weekly now! After I spot clean my tile I use the steam mop and my floor not only comes out glowing but it also gets sanitized at the same time. You can tell the difference before and after on your bare feet. I pour a little water in the back, plug it in and turn it on. Simple as that. I feel so much better about my floors now that my baby is crawling around on them.
33 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2014
This is a great mop for the price especially if this is your first steam mop. Easy to use and my tile floors looked great after i used it. The only draw back is there is no off/on switch and the cord is a little shorter than I would have liked.
on January 19, 2015
We love shark products. My previous shark mop finally bit the dust after several years of hard use. I was disappointed that they stopped making that model. This was the closest option to the older model which I still liked better. I do not like that it has that pumping motion when you mop and that's what lets the steam out it seems cheesy/cheap-the older model just let the steam out freely without pushing.
on June 22, 2016
I wish I would have bought a better model. The steam is not strong no matter how much you pump the handle. It is definitely light and easy to maneuver but that is about all the good things I can say about it. They don't last much longer than three years no matter how well you take care of it so I'll keep it till it goes out and then buy a better model. I've owned sharks since they first came out and this is my fourth one so I speak the truth about short their life spam is.
on August 18, 2016
This is my new favorite cleaning tool . Especially since I have three dogs and one of them is potty trying . The main living areas in our home are hardwood flooring and the bathrooms are tile and granite tile .
I can use this in literally every room in my home .
To use just fill the container to the line provided with the mop and empty into the back of the mop itself . Plug in and I'm less than a minute , it's ready to go !
A gentle push downward releases the steam as you are mopping . The steam helps sanitize and lift dirt from your floors .
If your floors are super dirty , you might want to deep clean them yourself prior . This will remove lots of dirt , but it's not a miracle floor cleaner .
Once you have a good cleaning done on your floors , just use this regularly . People keep asking if I had my floors done recently . I can honestly say they are clean .
With the puppy , I do have the need to mop daily to every other day in the kitchen area where I have him blocked off . But my house does not smell like dogs or urine at least .
Everything about this has been great . Not too heavy of a mop and it cleans up fast and well . Good long length on the cord , and you can even adjust it to the height level you need .
I would easily recommend giving one of these a try .
review image review image
on October 3, 2016
I had one of these steam mops years ago. I was told when I got my new laminate flooring, not to use this steam mop. I was told to use Bona with the micro pad. Well, it has been a couple of years now, my back and neck kill me when I have to clean the floor. So, I ordered this steam mop. My only regret is that I did not order it sooner. It works great, and I don't kill my neck and my back. I highly recommend this steam mop. If you found this helpful, please check below. Thank you..
on March 10, 2016
for anyone else that requires the clarification that i did, here is a conversation between myself and a shark representative:
Monica: Hi, my name is Monica. How may I help you?
ksgj: Hello, I have scoured the internet trying to find the difference between Shark Light & Easy Steam Mops S3251 and S3101??
Monica: They are the same unit just different model threw retailer.
ksgj: They're the exact same thing?
Monica: yes
ksgj: So why is it there are two different product numbers?
Monica: Because it is carried at different locations.
ksgj: Okay thanks
ksgj: So I should go with the cheaper one
Monica: Yes
so naturally, i purchased the cheaper one, which was s3101. i tried it out briefly when i received it yesterday. seems to do as advertised. took some time to get it going, but that may just apply to the first use. don't know why there are so many different models. do the more expensive ones work better?
*although i have not purchased the s3251 mop, i thought i'd leave a review for both, being that they are told to be the same product.