BCA Month Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 19, 2017
As homeschoolers, we love these books!! This one was kind of beat up, but I knew it was used when I bought it. It is definitely in good enough shape to use.
on January 10, 2013
I've done several of the Literature and History Pocket books with our co-op over the years. But, this one was definitely my all-time favorite!! (Second favorite was Aesop's Fables Lit. Pocket.)

Each lesson you read a book featuring a particular Caldecott winner (illustrator's award). Then the kids do an art project in the style of that artist. Great fun!!!!
on March 21, 2016
Wonderful for sub plans! Most activities require few materials. The school library always has the books.
on August 17, 2015
love it
on February 26, 2013
Most teachers do not have unlimited time and budgets & that is what the items in these books require. If I had known the amount of prep and class time the pockets would use I would never have bought the books. Some of the items may be useful, but many are rather lame. The personal costs, both financial and time-wise, make the packets suggested in these books extremely expensive.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 23, 2007
I am homeschooling a first grader and we are so enjoying this book and making the "pockets" and filling them with projects! For each of the Caldecott winner books that you read, there is a section with art and crafty little assignments you do to add to each pocket. My 5 year old is quite proud of each new addition.