Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Litex RC-103 RC-103 Universal Ceiling Fan Remote Control, White
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Back to School

on August 7, 2014
Remote looked identical to the lost one but did not work right out of the box. The 4 DIP switches in the hand remote must match the 4 DIP switches in the ceiling fan unit. Hope you wrote it down when installed or it is trial and error. Had to tear apart the fan to change out the remote control sending unit so the hand remote would work. Worked fine for a few weeks then stopped. Found no power getting through the fan sending unit. Took fan apart again, removed fan sending unit, and wired fan without the remote control. Fan now work just fine by pulling the hanging fan chains. Didn't work for me and will never buy another remote controlled ceiling fan again-no need for me.
on October 9, 2009
I've owned a number of these on two ceiling fans. I've had two remotes destroyed, one by the dog and another ended up in the washer. First one I just ordered another complete unit from Amazon. The second one I called Litex 800# direct to see if there was a cheaper way to just replace the hand held remote and they sent me the replacement no-charge. These units have worked great. Only problem is when the dog and washer killed the handle held remotes (user error).
on October 31, 2010
The remote works great! Been using in my children's room for about 1/12 months without any problems. I can't comment on the transmitter, because I only bought it to replace a broken hampton bay remote unit. Works exactly like old Hampton bay remote. It's a shame you can't buy just a replacement remote anywhere!
on May 16, 2014
I have 4 of these in use at my home for about 2 years now. They work great. My only disappointment is that I found them cheaper at wal-mart after placing my order. The settings for the fan are Off, Low, Med, and High. The light button can be quick pressed for on/off function. Holding the light button operates the dimmer. It takes one 9 volt battery to operate. They have dip switches for the frequency so that you can make each one operate independantly of each other.
on April 14, 2014
Basically this was a replacement for a worn out control. This worked right out of the box because the jumper settings in the new control matched my old control's jumper settings and that was it. Put in a new battery and it worked. Didn't even have to install the transmitter.
on March 23, 2013
I ordered it to replace a Harbor Breeze remote I had broken. The remote worked right out of the box. No adjustments needed.
on December 8, 2014
Purchased a home that used quite a few of these. Many of the remotes had been tortured (painted and even melted) by the previous owner's kids, so I wanted fresh looking remotes. The package also contained replacement transmitters. Did not need transmitters at the time, as all that was necessary was to make sure the dip switches were identical to the old remote and they work beautifully. Months later, one of the old transmitters inside the fan bit the dust, and I was happy to have the extras around as a replacement.
on December 11, 2012
Finding this remote control was a real find for us. Our grandchildren lost he original ceiling fan control and we felt lost without it. This replacement brought back comfort to us at a great price. Now, when we find the original remote each girl will have their own control by their bunk bed. I put velcro on a small pocket and placed it on the bunk bed frame so the kids can have a safe place to keep the remote.
on May 20, 2015
This thing worked for about 8 months and then died. This was too late to get the reseller to take a return. I'm trying to work directly with Litex now to see if the one year warranty will be honored. Fingers crossed.

By the way, the Litex number is (800) 527-1292.
on June 28, 2014
This works perfectly on my old Hunter Douglas Ceiling fan. The original remote's buttons just stopped working after 8 years, so I took a chance on buying this one hoping I wouldn't have to go through changing the installed control unit itself. The design of the remote was the same as the one I was replacing. I changed the switches to the positions on the old remote and presto, it worked flawlessly. Very Happy.