Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 134 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 142 reviews
on November 3, 2011
This charger is horribly made. The LP-E5 battery does not fit, and when you press it into place, it breaks the little "lip" at the end of the charger that is supposed to hold the battery in place. The first charger came with the lip already broken. I contacted the seller, which promptly sent me another. The lip broke on my very first attempt to insert the battery. I'm not a clumsy person (yes, some people will break everything), but there's no way this battery would fit in the charger without generating undue stress on this small piece of cheap plastic. On top of that, you need to "wiggle" the contacts when plugging it or it won't work (cheap contacts.) This is such a cheap product that I'd be concerned about leaving it unattended or charging a battery overnight. I'd give it zero stars if I could.
on March 1, 2011
Got this as a back-up to the OEM Canon battery. You know how it is Mr Murphy would only show up when you are trying to capture Christmas or the Grand kids birthday party.

So far it seems to have about as good a battery life as the original and while I have not tried the car charger out I don't see where I would use it except for a total emergency. I mean having one battery in the camera and one in the gadget bag would give you over a thousand shots away from an AC outlet so you would have to be doing some serious shooting in one day to warrant it's use but you never know. With that being said we had one for a Nikon Cool-Pix battery back-up that came in very handy on a vacation; of course the battery in a Cool-Pix does not have the life the Canon DLSR battery does.

Do not have any problems with it fitting the camera or Canon charger.
With the price for the battery and the charger about half what it would cost for an OEM battery you have a back-up charger in the event the OEM one fails.

Recommended.
on December 14, 2012
The battery worked from the start (came fully charged even). However, the charger seems to be very cheaply made, at some place where quality control is not all that important. My particular one (but what any other one will be like is anyone's guess) had the two electrodes too far apart, so that they didn't fit the battery. I used some pliers to bring them closer together, but given that they are encased in the plastic, it wasn't as easy as it sounds. Also, they had to be the exact, perfect distance apart in order to work, so it took some work. But I eventually made it work, and it charged the batteries (the original I had and the one it came with) fully and quickly.

So, if you have a pair of pliers and are willing to spend some time messing with it if you need to, go ahead and get this. At $5, it really is worth the effort.
on January 15, 2012
This is a really nice battery and charger for the price. I bought it to go with my Cannon Xsi. The charger works well and I really love the car adapter as it allows me to charge my batteries while on road trips. The life of the battery is really good considering how inexpensive it is. It does not last as long as my Cannon brand battery, but it has lasted long enough to make it through every photo shoot I have taken it on. The only thing that I do not like about this set is that it is a bit difficult to get the battery to fit into the charger, but once you figure it out it works fine. This battery was also not quite the exact same shape as my Cannon battery, but it fits in my camera just fine so that is not a problem.

Overall this battery/charger set is an excellent value!
on May 2, 2016
I've bought a few of these discount batteries and within the first week of ownership this one has impressed me the most. The charger fits the battery snugly, so it doesn't drop off when charging. The battery keeps it's charge and hasn't suddenly expanded like the others did. We'll see how I feel in a year, but so far so good.
on October 7, 2011
I bought this charger when i relized i couldnt find mine. The first one i received did start smoking 10 min into the charge. I emailed the company and they were great. They sent me a new one no questions asked and didnt make me return the defected one. It was very easy. The new one they sent me works great. I take alot of pictures due to both my children play sports and having a chargers is a must. I received the charger just in time to charge my battery and take pictures at the football/soccer games i had that weekend. I would recommend this to anyone that is in need of a charger. The battery and car charger that comes with it is just a bonas. I have two batterys already but it doesnt hurt to have a third one.
on December 7, 2011
I believe my experience is an anomaly but I felt I needed to document it. My charger was totally destroyed on its first use. I attached an OEM Canon LP-E5 battery and plugged the charger in the wall. About 30 minutes later I started smelling something. The charge light was off, the unit was warm, and the charred electronics smell was definitely coming from the unit. I opened the unit with a flathead screwdriver and immediately saw the chard circuit board. It was dead. I do not know if the battery was damaged. For the price, I'll probably order another one and hope for the best.
on December 21, 2011
The product was very well described, all accessory parts were listed, and images for all accessories were easy to view and evaluate. It was easy to decide that this product would fit and perform well in my Canon Rebel T1i Digital Camera.

The product was competitively prices and had no hidden costs.

The shipping cost were accurately listed.
The shipping time was well explained and the product arrived a few days ahead of the scheduled date.

Overall this was a very good buying experience through Amazon.com and the online business partner.

I personally recommend this seller and Amazon.com for all your photographic purchasers.
on October 24, 2011
I bought two of these to go into the new Battery grip I ordered and they work great with my T1i. My 1st job was an Air show from 10am-4pm and these batteries kept a full charge the entire time... I shot 1200 photos and no hiccups at all. Thanks for making a great product at a reasonable price!

12/12/2014 Using these batteries for over 3 years now and I must say - "they hold a better charge than my Canon batteries." I have had no trouble with them at all. In fact, I ordered 4 more batteries to use and they are also working great for about 2 years and still humming. I use the AC outlet chargers, never used the car charger on these.
on December 7, 2013
The battery doesn't comes out by itself like the original, but again I knew by the price and reviews it wasn't going to be like the $40-$60 original canon battery and wasn't expect it to be, it's cheap and it works so I'm ok with it, it does what I wanted it to do, it's an emergency replacement battery with it's own charger. If you expect it to be like the original then DON'T bother, save and get the original, if you know it's cheap and that's what you want, then go ahead and try your luck, for me it works fine.