From the Back Cover
Starting out with an introduction to the fundamentals of lithium ion batteries, this book begins by describing in detail the new materials for all four major uses as cathodes, anodes, separators, and electrolytes. It then goes on to address such critical issues as self-discharge and passivation effects, highlighting lithium ion diffusion and its profound effect on a battery's power density, life cycle and safety issues.
From the contents:
* Lithium Insertion Materials Having Spinel-Framework Structure for advanced Batteries
* Iron-Based Rare-Metal Free Cathodes
* Thermodynamics of Electrode Materials for Lithium-Ion Batteries
* Raman Microspectroscopy applied to the Study of Electrode Materials for Lithium Batteries
* Development of Lithium Ion Batteries: from the viewpoints of importance of the Electrolytes
* Characterization of Solid Polymer Electrolytes and Fabrication of All Solid-State Lithium Polymer Secondary Batteries
* Thin Film Metal Oxide Electrodes for Lithium Microbatteries
* Research and Development Work on Advanced Lithium-Ion Batteries for High-Performance Environmental Vehicles
The monograph concludes with a detailed chapter on lithium ion battery use in hybrid electric vehicles.
Invaluable reading for materials scientists, electrochemists, physicists, and those working in the automobile and electrotechnical industries, as well as those working in computer hardware and the semiconductor industry.