Lyft Vehicles Review Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

Lithonia Lighting Fluorescent Square 2 lamp, 4 feet, 120V Wraparound Light, 32W T8
Size: 120V|Style: 1 Commercial Ballast, 1 year warranty|Color: Square|Change

on November 18, 2017
I bought this unit because it seemed to be the same unit installed in the laundry room of my house when it was built 12 years ago. Yes, it's a bit cheaply made but it's in my laundry room and I don't remember ever looking up at the old unit on my 10 foot ceiling. This unit has clean squared lines and looks presentable enough. The unit also came in a 2nd larger box that was well padded with bubble wrap. It seems they have finally figured out how to ship it without the unit being demolished in transit. I don't know much about electricity, but I was able to replace my old unit that stopped working in about a half hour. Of course, first I turned off the electricity to my laundry room, opened the back door for light, and was able to pretty easily install the new unit on the ceiling. Even though I have 3 switches connected to this light, there was only 1 black and 1 white wire coming out of the ceiling and I easily was able to plug them into the clearly identified black and white slots in the new unit. The old wiring didn't have the 3rd copper ground wire coming out of the ceiling connected to anything, and my 3 switches are grounded, so I just left the copper ground switch not connected to anything like it was in the past. The hardest part was holding up the new unit on the ceiling with one hand while putting the first drywall screw through the base of the new unit into the ceiling. (Getting someone to hold the unit up while you screw it into the ceiling would be best.) I put a total of 6 drywall screws to hold the unit to the ceiling. The unit has several pre-punched holes that you can put screws through into the ceiling. Fluorescent tubes seem to be discontinued, so I replaced my 12 year old ones with new LED tubes I got at the big box store -- LED 48" 15 w (that replaces the old 32wT8 tubes in the old defunct unit). If you haven't purchased these new tubes note that they have a slight 1 second delay going on, and that the "Sunshine Closet & Laundry" LED tubes are brighter than my old fluorescent tubes. (You can also buy LED tubes with softer light if you don't like these new bright light ones.)
on August 14, 2014
I used these with the GE 15904 t8 bulbs bought here on amazon. I ordered 12 fixtures. My shop is 30 x 40 feet I have three rows of four and the ceiling height is 13' 6". Spacing in each row from one light to the next is 4' 6" apart. I was worried about using 4' two bulb lights but didn't want to spend a fortune. I set them up so each row was controlled by its own switch in a three gang switch setup. As it turns out, the two outside rows are actually plenty bright enough and the third middle row is overkill but nice if you are working between vehicles or equipment. They have instant on digital ballasts as well. Very happy and packaging was great.
on February 13, 2014
I bought 5 of these for my basement. Installation was easy- just ran wire from a couple of junction boxes to the new fixtures. There were enough screw holes along the length of the fixtures that I was able to attach each one to 2 joists, plus add grounding screws to each fixture. The tabs for inserting wire are ONLY on the top of the fixture, so you need to have access from above, and you can't install the fixture lengthwise along a joist. Wire clamps are not included, so you'll need to have those on hand for proper installation to code, but I'm pretty sure that's typical. The fixtures power on to full brightness quickly, look good, and no annoying buzzing sound. For the price, it's nice to have the diffuser (cover) to give a bit of a finished look, although there is nothing fancy about them. I wouldn't want to install this fixture in a finished area. Recommended!
on August 5, 2017
Nice low cost fixture to use for modification for LED tube lamps. Beware: ordering online results in a high probability of shipping damage. Better to buy them at your local hardware store so you can inspect them for damage before you bring them home.
on January 31, 2018
Excellent value fixture - good quality materials. Went up easily and works great. I used it to replace an older one of the same size and, apparently, the holes are somewhat standardized. It will be helpful to have a helper while putting this up!
on February 21, 2017
Good light, recommend 3-4 if you are changing the cheesey single bulb porcelain out in your garage. Why contractor's still even use those in the 21st century is beyond me. If you want LED, I advise waiting for those bulbs to go on sale and replace the fluorescent tubes in these. Seems to be cheaper than buying the LED equipped ones right now.
on January 25, 2018
This fixture is ok as a fluorescent unit. The description indicated that it accepts LED tubes. However, the tube connectors are mounted at a 45 deg angle towards the outside. So, when LED tubes are installed they project light toward the sides instead of downwards. It's ok in a small room, but doesn't provide even light. I wouldn't recommend this fixture for LED tubes.
on October 30, 2014
UPDATE 08 2015

Ordered another one for the garage, and it was shipped in the product package only. The light cover was completely destroyed, I didn't even look further but wouldn't surprise me if the fixture itself was damaged also.

Because the package is clearly not made to be shipped on it's own, it wouldn't surprise me if the majority of these lights are damaged during shipping, if shipped in their product packaging. Amazon needs to put these inside another box before shipping them. It's completely ridiculous that anyone would even attempt to ship one of these in the unpadded product box.

Installed 2 of these in about 30 minutes. Easy to install and very bright. Mine were well packed so no issues with damage like some of the other posters. Very good price for what you get. Will be ordering 3 more for my shed and garage.
on July 26, 2017
I installed this in my carport. Quick and easy. Instructions are simple. From taking it out of the box to putting the ladder up, I was done in 10 or 15 minutes. For the price you can't beat it! Seems durable.
on February 21, 2015
We bought 3 of these lights in 2011 for a barn and they have worked extremely well. Two of the lights are still operating with the same bulbs (and are on 15hrs a day.) We did have to replace one of the lights this week, so I re-ordered from my history. To my surprise the light is a new updated model. I figured this out because the screw holes were different, so I had to drill new holes to affix it. The bulb inputs are also slanted and different. The new one seems to work great.

I want to note Amazon has changed in packaging these. When we ordered the first 3, they were shipped in manufacturers packaging and the covers arrived cracked and broken. I knew this was a possibility ahead of time, but I didn't have time to shop locally and had these shipped with Prime.

The new fixture that was ordered in 2015 arrived in manufactures packaging, in an outer box with bubble wrap, so it arrived perfect.
These are super easy to install and I've been happy with the lifespan of the lights and energy use.