Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.17 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
The Little Black Journal of Wine: A Wine Lover's Record Keeper (Diary, Notebook) Hardcover-spiral – June 1, 2011
The Amazon Book Review
Discover what to read next through the Amazon Book Review. Learn more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Since using this book, I no longer have to wonder if I've bought a certain wine before or not and if I liked it. (Sometimes it will be a few weeks before I go wine shopping and I've forgotten what I thought about a particular wine. No jokes please, LOL.)
I don't know why the ratings only start at 70. We have had at least a couple of bottles we would like to rate lower than that. A scale of 70-100 seems a bit odd to me.
It would be nice to have some sort of index/overview you could fill in at the front or back to use as quick reference, rather than always having to check through the whole book.
It would also be good to have a few blank pages where you could write a wish list of wines to look for when shopping or wine tasting.
So small things really and maybe I'm just picky! It is a good quality booklet. Large enough that you're not too squashed for space, but small enough that you could easily take it out and about with you.
- I like the size (roughly 5"x7.5")
- I like the format and look of the inside pages
- I like the fact that it is spiral-bound so that it will actually stay open to the page that you are looking at or trying to fill-in
- The biggest reason I am writing this review, is that the cover, which isn't as nice as I had hoped to start with (it is just a hard sort of card stock, firm enough, but doesn't seem luxurious enough to go with the wine theme) is dirty. It is as if glue was on the book and someone tried to wipe it off, so there are these smears/smudges in several (4) places. It isn't as noticeable as a white/light mark on the black cover, but it does make the matte black finish look shiny in those places, and I am wary of trying to wash it off since the cover is just a thick paper product and doesn't seem waterproof - I don't want to make it worse.
Fortunately, my husband is not the sort to care too much about it, so I probably won't go through the hassle of returning it, but I can tell you that if I had picked this up in a book shop, I would be looking to the back of the stack to find one without the marks or walking away. Plus, as it is a gift, you always want things to be nice, even if he won't care.
- The other thing I wish it had is a quick sort of "suggested terms" section to give him ideas of how to describe what he is tasting (ie a page that says common appearance descriptions include: /common nose descriptions: / the most common taste descriptions include: citrus, berry flavors, smoky, tobacco, etc...). There is a VERY brief intro and glossary at the back of the book that does, in paragraph form mention a few of these terms, but it is skimpy, plus, I'm a sucker for clear lists/bullet points. I may actually paste something onto the back cover with this info to both add the info and cover the majority of the smudge marks.
Overall, I think this will function nicely, but was a little disappointed with the details and cleanliness.