- Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Amazon Business : For business-only pricing, quantity discounts and FREE Shipping. Register a free business account
A Little Blue Bottle Hardcover – Illustrated, September 23, 2020
|New from||Used from|
"The Eighth Sister" by Robert Dugoni
A pulse-pounding thriller of espionage, spy games, and treachery by the New York Times bestselling author of the Tracy Crosswhite Series. | Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Special offers and product promotions
From the Publisher
An Inside Look
Psalm 56:8: “You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.”
A Little Blue Bottle doesn’t provide pat answers or heavy-handed messages about life or death, but allows the grieving child to articulate her loss and her love for the deceased friend, while wondering how God is near when we suffer.
- A grounded, honest story of loss for children
- Leaves space for conversation and contemplation
- Includes information on how to help grieving children
A Look Inside
A young girl's elderly neighbor dies. Her feelings of grief are new to her.
A young girl remembers playing with her neighbor’s cat, stories that her neighbor told her, and the special mementos her friend kept on a shelf above her kitchen sink, including a little blue bottle.
Best Practices for Grieving Children
Includes information on the best practices for when children are dealing with grief.
Every one of Jennifer's beautifully crafted words are as precious as the drops of tears collected in the blue bottle. Share it with all the children you know! --Becca Stevens, Founder and President of Thistle Farms and author of Letters from the Farm and Love Heals
Grant's impeccable storytelling and Whiting s lush illustrations make for a transformative and deeply human journey. --Roger Hutchison, Director of Christian Formation and Parish Life, Palmer Memorial Episcopal Church, Houston, Texas, and author of The Very Best Day and Jesus: God Among Us
About the Author
JENNIFER GRANT is the author of several books for adults, including the adoption memoir, Love You More. Her work for children includes the award-winning picture book Maybe God Is Like That Too. The mother of four and a lifelong Episcopalian, she lives in the Chicago area with her husband and rescue dog, Scarlett. Connect with her online at jennifergrant.com.
GILLIAN WHITING studied Illustration at Syracuse University. Though she has been creating all art in all forms for as long as she can remember, this is her first published work. She is already looking forward to her next project, and a future filled with art and creativity.
- Item Weight : 13.2 ounces
- Grade Level : Preschool - 12
- ISBN-10 : 1640652892
- ISBN-13 : 978-1640652897
- Hardcover : 40 pages
- Publisher : Church Publishing; Illustrated Edition (September 23, 2020)
- Product Dimensions : 7.99 x 0.25 x 10 inches
- Language: : English
- Reading level : 2 - 12 years
- Best Sellers Rank: #339,339 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)