Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Little Blue Truck Board Book
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Joseph Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Format: Board book|Change

on November 5, 2015
I just love stories that are cute, rhyme well and offer a good message. This one is so perfect for my little boy. (I think I might love it more though!) it is about a blue truck that sees farm animals along the way, then a dump truck comes around and is rude to him, but gets stuck in the mud. So he and the farm animals help him out of the mud and the dump truck apologizes for being rude. It's a fun book and I highly recommend it for all!!!!
review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2009
Beep Beep! This is a really sweet book that my 2 year old and 1 year old both love. It's just short enough to keep their attention but they want it read to them over and over. This book has a great lesson in it about friendship and helping someone in need while also reinforcing the farm animals and their sounds that they make. I gave this as a gift to a 2 year old boy and his mother said it's the first book that he would actually sit down and let her read all the way through to the end. I highly recommend this book to anyone with a toddler.
0Comment| 135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2009
This book is chockful of excellent textual sound effects (audio quality depends upon the reader, of course). The little truck beeps its horn and numerous animals sound their moos, quacks, clucks, peeps, etc. A great read for young children, and a valuable tool for teaching animals and animal sounds. In addition, the story has great rhyme and rhythm and contains a lesson about nurturing relationships with others. Originally, I had borrowed this book from the library, but I loved it so much that I bought it for my 5 mth old son for Christmas. My daughter is 2, and she LOVES this book. After a reading, she always says, "Again?"
22 comments| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2009
This is currently my favorite childrens book that we own for my 15-month old. Fantastic artwork, words that are so perfectly lyrical you can sing them, and a sweet little story about friends who help each other out.
on September 18, 2010
As a grandma babysitting four days a week for two grandsons (ages 15 months and 26 months) in two different households each with tons of books it seems I am reading constantly... Both grandsons love this book and I thoroughly enjoy reading it - again, and again and again and....This book is sure to be a classic. I can't imagine a child not loving it.
on October 17, 2012
This is a nice book with an easy rhyming scheme that flows nicely when read aloud. for the younger child it has animal sounds that can be 'hammed up' and mimicked. For the older child it has a moral thread: bullies do NOT get ahead in life. They get 'mired' in their own foolishness.
on November 2, 2010
My daughter (2.5 years old) and I both love this book. The illustrations are amazing and the rhyming verse is cute, engaging and easy to read. The moral to the story is obvious and something that every kid needs to learn.
on September 24, 2010
I bought this book when my son was 21 months old. He LOVED everything about the book. It combines his love for trucks and animals into one. It also teaches how to be nice to others and how to work as a team. I highly recommend it!!
on October 3, 2014
My daughter and I love this book so much, I've bought at least half a dozen copies for friends with little toddlers. The illustrations are gorgeous, and the rhyming, rhythmic text is just perfect. Blue is a friendly little truck who always greets the animals he passes. One day a big rude dump truck comes through, yelling, "I've big important things to do! I haven't got time to pass the day with every duck along the way!" His tires get stuck in some mud, and he calls for help but no one comes. Then comes the little blue truck to help but he gets stuck too. When he beeps his horn and calls for help, all the animals come running to help. They all push as hard as they can, and soon the trucks are free! The dump truck thanks Blue and says, "Now I see a lot depends on a helping hand from a few good friends." The book has terrific messages about the importance of being polite and kind, helping others, and working together. It's also a great introduction to animal sounds. Five stars!
on April 26, 2016
This book is one of my son's favorites and one I love to read to him. Here is why:
-The pictures are captivating
-The story is fun, rhymes and has a lesson on kindness
-Helps children to identify animals and their noises
-Helps children to count to 3
I didn't know any of this going into the story. I just thought it looked cute and heard from friends about how good the book was. My son has learned so much from this book, that I once considered "just a book".