Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on November 5, 2015
I just love stories that are cute, rhyme well and offer a good message. This one is so perfect for my little boy. (I think I might love it more though!) it is about a blue truck that sees farm animals along the way, then a dump truck comes around and is rude to him, but gets stuck in the mud. So he and the farm animals help him out of the mud and the dump truck apologizes for being rude. It's a fun book and I highly recommend it for all!!!!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 183 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 16, 2016
I bought this book as a gift because my children loved it so much. Books like this are the types of books that get your kids talking and finishing the sentences in the book. It's an adorable story of friendship. A little blue truck whose friendly "beep, beep, beep" has the whole town of animals saying hello back. When the big important, with no time for pleasantries, truck gets stuck...Little Blue's friends come to the rescue.
on May 8, 2015
This book was my son's favorite for his first three years. I read it so much to him that I had it memorized and we had to buy a second book because the first one fell apart. The pictures are great and give a lot of personality to the Little Blue Truck, the animals, and the Dump Truck. The rhyming text is wonderful and I've read that reading stories that rhyme or nursery rhymes to children in their first couple years of life helps increase language comprehension and association more effectively than non-rhyming stories because they are able to respond to rhythm and tone before they understand language. This is a lovely book for that purpose. It not only rhymes but also has animal sounds which my son loved.

The premise is that the little blue truck winds his way through the countryside beeping his horn to say hi to all the animals and the animals say hi back with their own sounds (baa, maa, cluck, peep, naaayy, etc.). Then the big Dump Truck comes barreling through in a rush and gets stuck in the mud. The blue truck tries to help but gets stuck too. Then all the animals hear the beep of the Little Blue Truck and come to rescue him and the Dump. The sweet moral of the story is if you help others they will in turn help you when you need it. I think the other underlying moral for adults is to slow down and be aware of your relationships and don't just be so focused on yourself. We are a community and we all need each other. Anyway, that is a very underlying current and is certainly not the intent of the story. Don't hesitate to buy this book for all the babies you know!
I can not say enough good things about this book and artist. The narrative is told in a rhythm of rhymes bringing the reader through a rural area learning about kindness. The Little Blue Truck teaches children about the importance of being kind and how one act of kindness can cause a rippling effect among those around you. We love to talk about the animals and their sounds as we look at the beautiful illustrations which light up every page of this book. There are pages that I just am amazed by the paintings and how lively they are. My child enjoys hearing me read this story often and I do too. Great message. The book is made with a thick cardboard making it difficult to bend or be ruined by young children learning about books for the first time. It's a great size too. We like to throw it in the back pack or in our over night bag when going out of town.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on January 9, 2018
This is the best book (and I have a lot of them)! I have purchased this book for my daughter when she was 1.5. Now that she is three it is still a favorite book. It is one of the few books I don't mind reading over and over and over again. It appeals to both girls and boys, has a catchy rhyming words, a great moral about helping others (even when they are not all that pleasant to you), and it is a little silly. It is my go-to book for baby showers and children't birthday parties. Such a wonderful book, I would give it 6 stars if I was able.
on March 29, 2016
Excellent book. The rhythm is fun and easy to read aloud, the illustrations are attractive to look at and have lots of detail to go into with preschoolers (can you point out the sheep? how many toads are there? etc.), it has a plot line (a must for books you read over and over and over and over again) and the material is sturdy. Our son isn't quite old enough to gnaw on the pages yet, but we're spilled things on it and it's been shoved in and out of diaper bags and is holding up very well so far. I enjoy the larger size as it's easier to hold aloft to read to infants that are laying down while still being able to see the words. This is already a family favorite and I anticipate many years of readings ahead. The truck must swear like a sailor though; they had to beep out the entirety of his dialogue!
I kept seeing this book in stores but didn't know anything about it until I did a little searching on Amazon. I ordered it for my 2 1/2 year old twins and I'm so happy to get this for them because they love it! This book has nice, thick board book pages which should withstand the toddler years. The story is wonderful too and is written in a rhyming, singsong way. The truck's name is Blue and he meets his barnyard friends as he is driving down the road. The story tells what sound each animal makes and, most of all, teaches the importance of friendship. I love the illustrations and my twins love to point out the different animals on the pages. I think this book would be great in all households and I highly recommend it!
on December 3, 2017
Our entire family absolutely LOVES this book! In fact, this purchase was buying a second copy to have on hand just in case something happens to ours because it is so beloved! We were given this book for my son's 1st Christmas, and he's now 3.5. He loved listening to the story as a newborn and still asks us to read this almost daily. We now also have a 1.5 year old girl, and she enjoys Little Blue Truck just as much as big brother. I highly recommend the accompanying books as well, Little Blue Truck Leads the Way and Little Blue Truck Christmas. Grab 2 to have a backup or give the second one as a gift!
on March 16, 2015
Great book. Most of the books my daughter has have very few words in them, and some have none at all. I find it incredibly boring to look through such books, and so does my daughter, even though she can't talk yet. It's nice to have one with a little bit more of a story. This one keeps her interest for about 1 and a half to 2 reads through, which is exceptionally good for her. I rarely get all the way through the others before she's on to something else. I also find myself not getting quite as bored with reading it 5 times a day because there's more in there than 8 pages with 3 words on each page.
It's a nice message too. She's not only learning about the sounds that animals and trucks make, but she's learning a lesson about the value of friendship.
on June 14, 2016
Great book with a good moral. We started reading this to my son when he was one. It's not only one of his favorites, but ours too! The words have a good flow to them and don't bore. My son likes to point out all the animals on every page. When the big green toad comes to save the day, he flexes his arms too! We like this one so much we're looking into another "Little Blue Truck" variety to add to our library.