Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Tim and Faith Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 5, 2015
I just love stories that are cute, rhyme well and offer a good message. This one is so perfect for my little boy. (I think I might love it more though!) it is about a blue truck that sees farm animals along the way, then a dump truck comes around and is rude to him, but gets stuck in the mud. So he and the farm animals help him out of the mud and the dump truck apologizes for being rude. It's a fun book and I highly recommend it for all!!!!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
168 helpful votes
169 helpful votes
on January 5, 2017
Bought as a birthday gift for a 3 year old boy. My toddler son loves the series and like when we read them back to back. I also bought a toy blue Chevy that looks like Blue as a toy and story prop. KiNsMART 1955 Chevy Stepside Pick-Up 1/32, Blue. Story telling can be enriched with the use of props. It is an easy way to make reading more fun. Using props to tell a story is a wonderful technique that can lead children to discover the joy of literature and learning. It brings the story to life, giving children a deeper understanding of the story and also the language.
on December 18, 2015
This book is absolutely wonderful for children just learning animal sounds or learning to talk. It is a wonderful book for speech delayed children because of the repetitive sounds with coordinating pictures. My speech delayed son loves this book, it is definitely one of his favorites! It would also be a very good book for a intermediate reader with contextual clues and repetitive phrases.
on March 10, 2016
My grandson was mesmerized with this cute, catchy, rhyming book. Lots of fun and adventure with the animals and the truck. He loved it so much we got him a follow-up book starring the Little Blue Truck! It is a board book so it wipes clean and won't bend with page turning by the little ones. Sure to be a favorite for your little one!
on April 8, 2016
I was looking for books to include in a baby shower gift when I happened upon this one. I've never heard of it before, but I enjoy that it's a board book as it's more durable against little hands and mouths! While reading through it, I found the rhymes catchy and it left the reader with a good message. I could imagine reading it to a child over and over again. I'm positive it will be a perfect book for the mom-to-be's little country boy!
on August 30, 2016
My son loves this book! I think he likes it better when I read it to him rather than my husband because I get into it with acting out the animal noises and the beeps and the honks. But that's just in my opinion.
on January 17, 2017
This board book was purchased as a Christmas gift for my 1-year old great-nephew. He loves reading the "Little Blue Truck" books, and this book is no exception. Since my great-nephew is just learning to speak, he likes pointing to the different animals and trying to say the names of the animals. This book serves as a great learning tool for my great-nephew. The book is a high-quality board book, and the illustrations are very well done. I highly recommend!
on September 17, 2015
My 5yr old recieved this from grandma for Christmas 2013. Since then we have had the following results: my teen enjoys this, my tween finds it cute and likes to read it to her brothers, my kinder loves it, and I am about to purchase it for the 4th time (in less than 2 years) for my autistic toddler who cannot get enough of it. (he prefers dad to read it to him because of dad's wonderful way of sounding like a cow.) Dad has fun reading it to our boys, and as for myself, I have it memorized. This book may not have bright colors or have fun, attention grabbing images that draw immediate attention (I was a skeptic at first because of it), but trust me, after the first few readings, you will find it entertaining. The words engage my autistic toddler with the animals and sounds. Its repetitive enough to keep his attention. Because he doesnt speak this book helps him learn sounds of animals. He may not say 'cow' yet, but we know he means cow when he comes to dad and "ooooo". I cannot reccomend this book enough, especially for autistic children who are struggling to speak.
0Comment|Report abuse
How am I just now discovering this book!!!! I love it!! I Purchased for my 8 month old and he likes to look at the pictures, which are beautiful! I love that the story flows and the words are sing-songy as you read. I will be buying the other Little Blue Truck books asap!
on June 8, 2017
My kids have loved this book for years. We bought this one as a gift to our 1YO nephew. I find that the best children's books are the ones where you can use the words as song lyrics...that tells me the author paid attention to syllables and verse in addition to the context. This one has that.