YED Save up to 90% on textbooks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty nav_sap_shop_all_hm_cal Shop now Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Beat the Cold with Outdoor Clothing on Amazon NYNN

Showing 1-10 of 2,480 reviews(Verified Purchases). Show all reviews
on November 5, 2015
I just love stories that are cute, rhyme well and offer a good message. This one is so perfect for my little boy. (I think I might love it more though!) it is about a blue truck that sees farm animals along the way, then a dump truck comes around and is rude to him, but gets stuck in the mud. So he and the farm animals help him out of the mud and the dump truck apologizes for being rude. It's a fun book and I highly recommend it for all!!!!
review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2009
Beep Beep! This is a really sweet book that my 2 year old and 1 year old both love. It's just short enough to keep their attention but they want it read to them over and over. This book has a great lesson in it about friendship and helping someone in need while also reinforcing the farm animals and their sounds that they make. I gave this as a gift to a 2 year old boy and his mother said it's the first book that he would actually sit down and let her read all the way through to the end. I highly recommend this book to anyone with a toddler.
0Comment| 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2009
This book is chockful of excellent textual sound effects (audio quality depends upon the reader, of course). The little truck beeps its horn and numerous animals sound their moos, quacks, clucks, peeps, etc. A great read for young children, and a valuable tool for teaching animals and animal sounds. In addition, the story has great rhyme and rhythm and contains a lesson about nurturing relationships with others. Originally, I had borrowed this book from the library, but I loved it so much that I bought it for my 5 mth old son for Christmas. My daughter is 2, and she LOVES this book. After a reading, she always says, "Again?"
22 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2012
This is a nice book with an easy rhyming scheme that flows nicely when read aloud. for the younger child it has animal sounds that can be 'hammed up' and mimicked. For the older child it has a moral thread: bullies do NOT get ahead in life. They get 'mired' in their own foolishness.
on November 2, 2010
My daughter (2.5 years old) and I both love this book. The illustrations are amazing and the rhyming verse is cute, engaging and easy to read. The moral to the story is obvious and something that every kid needs to learn.
on April 26, 2016
This book is one of my son's favorites and one I love to read to him. Here is why:
-The pictures are captivating
-The story is fun, rhymes and has a lesson on kindness
-Helps children to identify animals and their noises
-Helps children to count to 3
I didn't know any of this going into the story. I just thought it looked cute and heard from friends about how good the book was. My son has learned so much from this book, that I once considered "just a book".
on July 18, 2016
I can't even explain how awesome this book is. Not only does it teach a good lesson to your child, it is tremendously fun to read. The challenge is to read it without singing it. With no music (obviously) and no song to model after, I can guarantee that you will be singing to the exact rhythm that is supposed to be used!

In not the only one in love with this book though. My 14 month old son is a huge fan! I have been reading this book to him regularly since he was about 4 or 5 months old. I expect to continue reading it for at least another 2-3 years! The only things that might get in the way of that are the many sequels for this book.

This is am absolute must have for a child's book collection! You will get at least 4 or 5 years out of this one book!
on January 5, 2017
Bought as a birthday gift for a 3 year old boy. My toddler son loves the series and like when we read them back to back. I also bought a toy blue Chevy that looks like Blue as a toy and story prop. KiNsMART 1955 Chevy Stepside Pick-Up 1/32, Blue. Story telling can be enriched with the use of props. It is an easy way to make reading more fun. Using props to tell a story is a wonderful technique that can lead children to discover the joy of literature and learning. It brings the story to life, giving children a deeper understanding of the story and also the language.
on July 7, 2016
My one year old just loves this book. So much that this is the only story that keeps him from crying, or calms him down. I do sing it very dramatically, a friend who heard me sing it to him, said I should try to read books for kids professionally, although I don't know how that's done.

But every child I have sung/read this book to, loves it. I can't say enough. We even plan to do a birthday party theme for it, since everyone knows my kid's love for the book. Once of his first words was BLUU.

LOVE IT.
on January 10, 2017
We love this book. We have it on my kindle and also in hard copy. I bought an electronic copy so that I can read this book with my girls when I am traveling for work. They can hold the hard copy and I can read to them from my Kindle version. The pictures are just as beautiful on the Kindle as in the hard copy.