BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment drwho drwho drwho  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 5, 2015
I just love stories that are cute, rhyme well and offer a good message. This one is so perfect for my little boy. (I think I might love it more though!) it is about a blue truck that sees farm animals along the way, then a dump truck comes around and is rude to him, but gets stuck in the mud. So he and the farm animals help him out of the mud and the dump truck apologizes for being rude. It's a fun book and I highly recommend it for all!!!!
review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 164 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 18, 2016
I can't even explain how awesome this book is. Not only does it teach a good lesson to your child, it is tremendously fun to read. The challenge is to read it without singing it. With no music (obviously) and no song to model after, I can guarantee that you will be singing to the exact rhythm that is supposed to be used!

In not the only one in love with this book though. My 14 month old son is a huge fan! I have been reading this book to him regularly since he was about 4 or 5 months old. I expect to continue reading it for at least another 2-3 years! The only things that might get in the way of that are the many sequels for this book.

This is am absolute must have for a child's book collection! You will get at least 4 or 5 years out of this one book!
on January 5, 2017
Bought as a birthday gift for a 3 year old boy. My toddler son loves the series and like when we read them back to back. I also bought a toy blue Chevy that looks like Blue as a toy and story prop. KiNsMART 1955 Chevy Stepside Pick-Up 1/32, Blue. Story telling can be enriched with the use of props. It is an easy way to make reading more fun. Using props to tell a story is a wonderful technique that can lead children to discover the joy of literature and learning. It brings the story to life, giving children a deeper understanding of the story and also the language.
on December 18, 2015
This book is absolutely wonderful for children just learning animal sounds or learning to talk. It is a wonderful book for speech delayed children because of the repetitive sounds with coordinating pictures. My speech delayed son loves this book, it is definitely one of his favorites! It would also be a very good book for a intermediate reader with contextual clues and repetitive phrases.
on March 10, 2016
My grandson was mesmerized with this cute, catchy, rhyming book. Lots of fun and adventure with the animals and the truck. He loved it so much we got him a follow-up book starring the Little Blue Truck! It is a board book so it wipes clean and won't bend with page turning by the little ones. Sure to be a favorite for your little one!
on April 8, 2016
I was looking for books to include in a baby shower gift when I happened upon this one. I've never heard of it before, but I enjoy that it's a board book as it's more durable against little hands and mouths! While reading through it, I found the rhymes catchy and it left the reader with a good message. I could imagine reading it to a child over and over again. I'm positive it will be a perfect book for the mom-to-be's little country boy!
on August 30, 2016
My son loves this book! I think he likes it better when I read it to him rather than my husband because I get into it with acting out the animal noises and the beeps and the honks. But that's just in my opinion.
on January 17, 2017
This board book was purchased as a Christmas gift for my 1-year old great-nephew. He loves reading the "Little Blue Truck" books, and this book is no exception. Since my great-nephew is just learning to speak, he likes pointing to the different animals and trying to say the names of the animals. This book serves as a great learning tool for my great-nephew. The book is a high-quality board book, and the illustrations are very well done. I highly recommend!
on September 17, 2015
My 5yr old recieved this from grandma for Christmas 2013. Since then we have had the following results: my teen enjoys this, my tween finds it cute and likes to read it to her brothers, my kinder loves it, and I am about to purchase it for the 4th time (in less than 2 years) for my autistic toddler who cannot get enough of it. (he prefers dad to read it to him because of dad's wonderful way of sounding like a cow.) Dad has fun reading it to our boys, and as for myself, I have it memorized. This book may not have bright colors or have fun, attention grabbing images that draw immediate attention (I was a skeptic at first because of it), but trust me, after the first few readings, you will find it entertaining. The words engage my autistic toddler with the animals and sounds. Its repetitive enough to keep his attention. Because he doesnt speak this book helps him learn sounds of animals. He may not say 'cow' yet, but we know he means cow when he comes to dad and "ooooo". I cannot reccomend this book enough, especially for autistic children who are struggling to speak.
How am I just now discovering this book!!!! I love it!! I Purchased for my 8 month old and he likes to look at the pictures, which are beautiful! I love that the story flows and the words are sing-songy as you read. I will be buying the other Little Blue Truck books asap!