Check out Santa's new ride Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Show Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 10, 2017
My twin girls love this book (and it's predecessor LITTLE BLUE TRUCK) so much that we are having a LITTLE BLUE TRUCK birthday party for them. The art is lively and expressive, the lessons and kindness in the story is spot on, and the length is perfect for telling a whole story, but not so long that you mind reading it over and over. The peppy rhymes don't hurt either. Highly recommended!
on November 15, 2017
If you own some of the other little blue truck books this is not very interesting like the first one. My grandson loves that book but this one he does not care for. Not many big pictures of the blue truck either. More photos of the city scape.
on March 29, 2015
Little Blue Truck took us through the country, and now Little Blue Truck Leads the Way takes us from farm to city. My grandson loves it, and asks for it every time I go to visit. I "edit" somewhat when I'm reading it aloud because his parents and I don't like him to hear expressions like "Move it, Shorty!" (that becomes versions of "Please move faster; I'm in a hurry"). But that's minor, really. The message in both books is wonderful: Be generous and considerate, and reap the benefit of working together. The illustrations are first-rate, with a lot of detail to explore, including several different kinds of vehicles and stores and tall buildings, and many different kinds of people on the street. The storyline is about a tangle of fast-moving traffic as Little Blue Truck comes into town with a load of lettuce to sell, and the mayor's limousine breaking down in the middle of it. So, Little Blue to the rescue, with a platform for the mayor and a very helpful suggestion endorsed by His Honor. Little Blue Truck has become a classic, well-loved character in our family.
on December 4, 2015
My child fell in love with the other book in this little series when he was 1. He learned animal sounds from it. So, I ordered this book. He's now almost 2.5 years old and I still read both books each night to him. He loves this book.
on September 26, 2017
This is my son's favorite story from his favorite series. If you haven't read the little blue truck stories, give them a try! The illustrations are lovely, it has a good rhyme scheme and a good message.
on March 1, 2016
My son loves this book. Not quite as much as The Little Blue Truck, but close. The book is heavy and can take a beating but the binding is easily broken if the cover is opened all the way back and around (my little guy thinks its funny). The illustrations are great and the entire book feels like one long poem with great cadence.
on January 22, 2015
My son likes truck books but, being the reader, I try to look for a good plot (silly, I know). This one seems like all the other characters are jerks and the mayor is full of himself. Is this how children's books are? Lame? And it seems like there is an extra page or two towards the end that don't easily fit in or add any value. Like the author gets paid by the page or something...
on May 14, 2017
My 4 yr old grand son LOVES this book....he has the first book "The little blue truck" already, and was so happy with the second one. Lol!!...he practically knows the story by heart...and "reads" along with me...I highly recommend this book for little boys of his age group....
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2017
The pace and rhythm of the sentences are perfect to entertain your littlest of audiences. Children under 2 can even enjoy this book. Don’t hesitate to get started reading to your child very early and this book is perfect. Illustrations are bright and fun and the books structure is durable. Sweet message to children on lesson of helping others and working together.
on April 23, 2015
Ok, but not as good as the orignial Little Blue Truck. The pictures are way too busy (entire city scenes), all about different kinds of trucks rather than a fun story. Perhaps a little boy would find this more interesting if he was older and cared about the difference between a firetruck and bulldozer, but as for a cute, fun story like the first one.....nah.