Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 840 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 963 reviews
on April 19, 2017
My 2 year old absolutely loves this book! It helped expand her vocabulary a little bit more and she loves all things cars and trucks. The illustrations are cute and high-quality. I did notice that our book's color was printed differently than our library's copy, so it wasn't as bright, but it didn't affect the readability of the book. I highly recommend it for any child!
on June 17, 2015
My two-year old twins love the Little Blue Truck and since the first book was such a hit, I had to buy the second. The story isn't as good as the first book (most reviewers agree)... but the dialogue from the other vehicles in the story is just plain rude and nasty. I originally gave this book three stars, as my twins love the whole country truck goes to the big city plot.... but each time I read it, I dislike it more and more. I will not read it as is. I have changed the story and eliminated the nasty stuff, but you still see the nasty faces on the other vehicle characters in the illustrations. Just a major disappointment that this could be considered appropriate language and message for such young children.
on February 7, 2016
Got the "Little Blue Truck" that has all the animals that saves the bully dump truck that my day care children love (ages 3 and under). So I
purchased this one and the story line does not hold their attention. Maybe children that live in New York or other big cities would understand the taxis, limos and lots of traffic or older children then three would like it. Also, the book size was about 28 inches by 20 inches. It is just too big to read to children comfortable. I know the book size was my mistake , never thought to look at the size of a book.
on April 25, 2016
This book is adorable. My 3 year old son loves it, and we read it every night. He can be overheard quoting the book throughout the day. We have two other Little Blue Truck books that are just as adorable. My 1 1/2 year old son will also bring this book to me, sit in my lap for about 30 seconds and point to pictures in the book, before hopping off my lap to wander around the house. I think that is pretty good attention span for his age! The pictures in this book are great, there is a lot for us to talk about besides just reading the words. And the story line is good too, with a little lesson about not being in such a rush and to be kind. It looks like there is another Little Blue Truck book coming out this year, we will be sure to purchase it to add to our collection!
on March 29, 2015
Little Blue Truck took us through the country, and now Little Blue Truck Leads the Way takes us from farm to city. My grandson loves it, and asks for it every time I go to visit. I "edit" somewhat when I'm reading it aloud because his parents and I don't like him to hear expressions like "Move it, Shorty!" (that becomes versions of "Please move faster; I'm in a hurry"). But that's minor, really. The message in both books is wonderful: Be generous and considerate, and reap the benefit of working together. The illustrations are first-rate, with a lot of detail to explore, including several different kinds of vehicles and stores and tall buildings, and many different kinds of people on the street. The storyline is about a tangle of fast-moving traffic as Little Blue Truck comes into town with a load of lettuce to sell, and the mayor's limousine breaking down in the middle of it. So, Little Blue to the rescue, with a platform for the mayor and a very helpful suggestion endorsed by His Honor. Little Blue Truck has become a classic, well-loved character in our family.
on January 17, 2017
Yet another installment of the "Little Blue Truck" series, and this book is as popular as the others. I bought this as a Christmas gift for my 1-year old great nephew, and his parents report that he has enjoyed having the book read to him since he received it. He especially likes to take a while looking at the illustrations in the book. Since my great-nephew is just learning to speak, he points to the different vehicles illustrated in the book, and he and his parents go over the names ("truck," "car," "limousine," etc.) together. Cute story and great learning tool! I highly recommend!
on August 15, 2017
Our family loves this as much as the original. I like that the book shows that not all of life is about hearts and flowers. People (cars in this case) get crabby but finding a solution by being patient and working together is a good way to get where you need to go..
on December 4, 2015
My child fell in love with the other book in this little series when he was 1. He learned animal sounds from it. So, I ordered this book. He's now almost 2.5 years old and I still read both books each night to him. He loves this book.
on March 1, 2016
My son loves this book. Not quite as much as The Little Blue Truck, but close. The book is heavy and can take a beating but the binding is easily broken if the cover is opened all the way back and around (my little guy thinks its funny). The illustrations are great and the entire book feels like one long poem with great cadence.
on January 22, 2015
My son likes truck books but, being the reader, I try to look for a good plot (silly, I know). This one seems like all the other characters are jerks and the mayor is full of himself. Is this how children's books are? Lame? And it seems like there is an extra page or two towards the end that don't easily fit in or add any value. Like the author gets paid by the page or something...