Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Little Blue Truck Leads the Way board book
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Tall Heights Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on November 11, 2009
I bought this book for my son as soon as it came out because we have the first Little Blue Truck book and love it. I think this one falls short. It is not half as charming as the first and really a little boring to read. After we read the first book my son was reading along with us (as best he could at 2 1/2) and doing all the animal sounds. This one he doesn't even want to pick up a 2nd time. The illustrations are still nice and the moral is OK, but overall it's about grumpy city cars and doesn't have the same cute flow as the first. I'd pass.
on November 25, 2013
A lot of the reviews here say the same thing: "not as good as the first book". In a sense, I agree-- the moral's not as profound and the words aren't quite as fun to read without animal sounds. That said, my son (a young toddler) adores this book. He's the sort of boy who waves at buses and trucks, loves to see heavy machinery at work, and constantly spins the wheels on his toys. Once we got this book, with its gorgeous pictures of skyscrapers (reminiscent of New York City) and different kinds of vehicles, my son literally threw the first book aside. His favorite page shows a traffic jam--go figure. In sum, my son and I like this book, but how much your child enjoys it will depend on his interests.
on October 28, 2010
Not as good as the original "Little Blue Truck" Little Blue Truck Board Book but our child still really enjoys this story.
on January 8, 2013
I bought this book for my 15 month old after my entire family fell in love with the little blue truck and all the animal friends in the first one. But this book fell short in all aspects. The book is honestly a little rude. I don't want my kids first words to be "shove on shorty". It has the same sort of flow as the first book but honestly towards the end i'm just begging for the book to be over already. I guess it serves a purpose of teaching kids one at a time, take turns sort of thing. But the book really isnt' that great. It reminds me of movies that have awful sequels and you wonder if you can get your five bucks and your time back after viewing it.
on September 27, 2010
This book was ok, but not nearly as good as the original. If you liked the original, you will like this one - but just not as much. Thats all!
on December 28, 2013
My 20 month old son LOVED the original. In fact, one of the first things he said was "Beep Beep Beep", so I was super excited to get this one as a follow-up, but I was disappointed. It doesn't flow the same and while I can't put my finger on it... it's just not as good. And the true judge (my son) always passes over it. It doesn't seem to engage him either. I wouldn't recommend this one.
on September 20, 2014
We read the negative reviews before getting this, but didn't believe that this book would be so much less fun than the first book. My son loved the Little Blue Truck, and it was a book both myself and my wife enjoyed reading to him.

This book is boring, the illustrations are not as charming, and I'm not sure what the moral or message is supposed to be. I think the message the author intended was "you city folk need to slow down and stop rushing everywhere, and stop being so rude and pushy." But each time I read it, I am left wondering, "why don't they just put a traffic light or stop-sign at this intersection instead of letting a random truck turn all the city traffic into a parade."

I would skip this one of you like the original.
on November 18, 2013
We were very disappointed in this follow up book to Little Blue Truck. The pictures are much darker and almost depressing and the text does not flow well at all. My son, 18 months, apparently has a similar opinion in that he loses interest after the second page and runs off to find a different book. The first book continues to delight him though. I can read that one 3 or 4 times in a row (I have it totally memorized) before he is ready for a different book.
on June 10, 2015
We purchased this book because our entire household loves the original Little Blue Truck story. This book is nothing like the original. The majority of the book features angry, upsetting illustrations (cars and trucks with really severe, angry, yelling faces) and angry dialogue/content. The resolution finally comes at the 11th hour, but it's hardly a resolution. There is no moral. There is no life lesson that makes all the rude and angry content worthwhile. This book is essentially a story of mean automobiles yelling rude and angry things at the little blue truck for the entire book. It's awful. I'm not even comfortable reading aloud the anger and frustration represented in the book's content because honestly, why would a kid ever need that in his world? I want to bring him happiness, not stress and anger and rudeness. The original Little Blue Truck is amazing- great story, great plot, great message about friendship and how to treat others-- this book is nothing like that. For us, this book was a total waste of money because I will likely never read it again (my son hates it, and quite frankly, so do I) and I will never gift it to anyone else because I can't imagine subjecting another happy kid to such an angry, negative experience. If your toddler has grown to care for the little blue truck as the protagonist, this story will likely be hurtful as well. Everyone is mean to the little blue truck.
on January 22, 2015
My son likes truck books but, being the reader, I try to look for a good plot (silly, I know). This one seems like all the other characters are jerks and the mayor is full of himself. Is this how children's books are? Lame? And it seems like there is an extra page or two towards the end that don't easily fit in or add any value. Like the author gets paid by the page or something...