Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 811 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 929 reviews
This is the second "Little Blue Truck" book by the same two author and illustrator. My 18 month old grandson absolutely loves the first "The Little Blue Truck" though he seems to like the pushy dump truck best of all. This is another good book in the series. It is a little over long for him to sit through - he usually gives up at about the time the mayor starts his speech. Can't say I blame him - politicians can put me to sleep, too. I think when he is a bit older he will want to hear the whole story but in the meantime, when he arrives at my house in the morning, these are the two books he grabs first to have me read to him. The story is very cute (and Little Blue saves the day "Beep, beep, beep") and the illustrations are so much fun - especially the mean looking eyes on all of the other vehicles. I never realized how much expression could be given to the front grill of a vehicle.

Reading time is so special - he isn't a cuddly child - more of a rambunctious one but he does like to sit on my lap on the rocking chair and have me read him stories pretty much all day long. Unless it is diaper change or nap time, I always make sure to read to him when he wants it. Reading to and then later having your child read to you or to themselves is a fantastic gift.

I love this book for young children and look forward to seeing another book (hopefully) in the near future.
on February 16, 2017
A huge disappointment compared with the previous book. Too many pages of unvaried material, doesn't have the cute factor of the other one (no animals), and the story doesn't make sense and is very convoluted compared with the other one. If you're looking for a good sequel to the Little Blue Truck, this is not what you're looking for.
on February 14, 2017
My one year old loves the first little Blue Truck book so we were so excited to purchase this one! I'm sad to say it misses the mark in many ways. The first one had a majority of happy, positive interactions with just one mean guy. This one is ALL mean guys. Pages and pages of negativity and mean looking drawings. We were disappointed.
on December 12, 2016
It was always going to be very tough to write a better book then the first Little Blue Truck book. This one certainly takes a little while to warm up to, but there's no doubt you will like it after a while. It references different types of cars doing different actions in the city traffic (a little more advanced then just the animal sounds of the first book) and has another moral undertone about doing things "one at a time - is the way to go" - frankly I refer to it when my son tries to rush around or tries to eat too much too quickly. The message actually works quite well for him aged 23 months. I have given it three stars because I know it will take you a while to warm up to it.
on July 8, 2017
It's my son's favorite book. We read it every night (since I got it for him) before bedtime.
I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because I agree with one of the reviews that the book has so much negativity specially the illustrations. My son noticed that and kept saying the word "angry" while flipping pages until he reached the last 2 pages and then said "happy". The anger is strong in the illustration; I wished it had less angry vehicles. The story itself is not bad but the illustration makes it more negative.
on August 16, 2016
My son loves the first Little Blue Truck book - with the yellow dump truck. I was so excited to get him this one but am disappointed. The story is a little "negative" to me and was not interesting. Also the illustration seems similar from page to page for a 10 month old.
on December 26, 2016
I LOVE the Little Blue Truck books. My 2.75 year old granddaughter loves them as well. She helps me "read" by saying "beep" when Blue speaks (I touch her chest and she then knows to "beep"). The stories teach lessons. The artwork is fun and bright. We now have all three books and I even bought the sticker book which she will get at her 3rd birthday. I hope the author and artist continue with more books. LOVE them!!!
on December 31, 2014
I would not waste your money on this book. Part of why it seems so disappointing is that the first one was so good and seemed multi-faceted (as much as a children's book could be). In this version, the rhymes seem forced, the story is weak, and there is no additional layer of education as the first has with the animals and the sounds they make. I got this book for my husband for Christmas, as he loved reading the first to our son; someone else gave our son a second copy of the original. We were so annoyed with this book that we resorted ourselves to double reading of the original (now located in two locations), which gives you some hint as to the level of tolerance we feel for this book.
on October 3, 2016
We received the original Little Blue Truck book as a baby shower gift before our son was born. There were days where we read the original to our son at least five times, so when I came across this, I ordered it just to add something new to the mix. My son loves trucks, buses, airplanes, fire engines, motorcycles, and the like, so this story is really perfect for him. The story itself has a pretty good message, all these vehicles on the road that are rude and inconsiderate cause a traffic jam, but Little Blue helps them understand that everyone will get along just fine if everyone slows down and waits their turn.

That the book doesn't end with "Beep Beep Beep" seems like a missed opportunity, but my son makes sure to say it every time we read it anyway. My son's favorite book is a toss up between this and the original Little Blue Truck. Both are very fun, and at this point he's memorized many of the words to each.
on November 18, 2014
Such a fun little book about working together and taking turns. I could recite it because my almost 2 year old son requests it every night before bed. The illustrations are beautiful and detailed (our little one points out little things like the dogs in the background). The story is engaging and conducive for actions and fun voices as well. The best indication for a book like this is if the kid likes it and that is indeed the case for this one. It doesn't hurt that it's enjoyable and not annoying for his dad to read either.