Lyft Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 11-20 of 271 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 429 reviews
on September 7, 2017
Always great
on January 30, 2013
I have every album Norah Jones has released in the U.S. (including her projects with The Little Willies), so I admit I'm biased here. My first exposure to this project was the wildly weird music video for "Miriam" -- something that could have been the opening scene to an episode of "Criminal Minds"! Sick, twisted, and a lot of dark fun! With that, I was excited to get to hear the entire album, and it did not disappoint.

I pretty much liked "The Fall" (2009), but I was worried that it signaled that she was starting to go too much towards "hipster tunes." But "Little Broken Hearts" has renewed my faith in the way Ms. Jones is navigating her recording career. This is CLASSIC NORAH JONES!
on May 15, 2012
I'm a big Norah fan and bottom line, Norah makes great music. This album isn't my favorite - I'm in love with her first two albums and I never listened all the way through the two before this most recent one. But, it is certainly enjoyable.

It is clear that this album is a departure from her old style in a lot of ways. I can hear a lot of trending elements in the music - for example, way more distortion in this album than any of her others.

She's 22 is probably my favorite song, with Miriam being my least favorite. Theyre both ballads, but Miriam is just repetitious and I usually skip it. The rest have varying degrees of enjoyability but again, I only really dislike one song.

I say for five dollars, get it.
on September 13, 2012
This is a mellow, dark Norah album with a lot of passion - vocally, instrumentally & lyrically. Some seem to think it is too slow and/or different from her earlier material, but it's just another chapter in this young artist's impressive body of work. I really like the album and it's production and think it's one of her best...certainly worth the price of admission. Like most music, you have to be in the right mood to enjoy it, so listen to it when you're in an introspective mood and have the time to really listen to the nuances - not when looking for "up" background music for a pool party.
on May 27, 2015
This 2012 Analogue Productions SACD disc has significantly more compression used than the prior four discs from this artist, which creates much higher listener fatigue. The listenability of the tracks, taken as a whole, is a down from the prior disc (The Fall), and significantly down from the first three discs by her. However, this is worth at least one good listen and perhaps a follow-up after much time has passed. YMMV.
on October 23, 2012
I like Norah Jones a lot, and I appreciate her willingness to try new things. This particular CD, though, is kind of depressing to listen to. She says it's not (completely) autobiographical, but it sounds and feels like a "breakup CD" that was recorded to get back at someone.

The musicianship and vocals are as good as ever, but the CD needed a couple of songs to provide some relief from the bitterness. It's not something I'd want to listen to over and over.
on January 24, 2013
Man, she's breaking out with this album! This is pop! Not her soft, sultry, dark room piano playing smoky-voice wearing a black ballroom gown trying to seduce cigar smokers with her music normal. This is a pop-star branching out and trying her own things. Look at her picture for Roger's sake! Wow. She's hotter than a Texas sidewalk. I'm not going to say that I bought the album just to stare at the picture on the front. I bought it to listen to. And it's really good music, and I enjoy it greatly. But I also like to stare at the picture on the front. Just don't tell my wife.
on October 12, 2012
I liked this album because the music texture is different than her prior albums. The songs I listen to the most are Miriam, Say Goodbye, and She's 22, and Travelin' On. I like the music aesthetic to "She's 22," in particular. I think it's cool that Norah sang as well as played the piano and guitar for the album. She writes her songs, too, along with other musicians. So the music is very much her talent, end to end. I like All A Dream because of its length - 6:30 - created by the long stretches of instrumental sound.
on June 6, 2013
The CD arrived as expected. It's Norah Jones, I can't tell you anymore. I don't buy a lot of music, except when I here something I like. I was channel surfing one night and came across Kat Edmonson and Norah Jones doing a show on PBS. Norah had already performed and Kat Edmonson was signing. OMG it was wonderful. I ordered Norah's CD because I had missed her performance. I am happy with the CD, and expect any Norah Jones fan will love it also..
on June 23, 2012
I enjoyed this effort by Norah. Kind of a departure for her and she's trying different flavors. It's great watching her grow as an artist and I'm sure some these songs reflect some issues she's been through in her life. I bought the 2LP, 180g vinyl version of Little Broken Hearts and it's nicely packaged. The vinyl itself is solid white and looks almost pearl like. A full sized poster is included of the album cover. Analog Productions is releasing vinyl and SACD boxsets of Norah's catalog soon for the purists. Vinyl box will be available July 24th and the SACD box is coming in September. Remastered by Kevin Gray.