Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
The Little Drummer Girl
Frequently bought together
Palestinian intelligence says she's loyal to their cause. Israeli counterintelligence says she's "bright, creative, underused, romantic and a liar." Academy Award? winner* Diane Keaton stars as Charlie, a repertory actress and Palestinian sympathizer who plays the role of - and for - her life when she's thrust onto the center stage of international espionage. Klaus Kinski and Yorgo Voyagis co-star as shrewd Israeli operatives who plot to use Charlie as bait to capture an elusive Palestinian terrorist (Sami Frey). Director George Roy Hill masterfully arranges the pieces of this cloak-and-dagger puzzle based on John le Carré's bestseller into a dazzling thriller racing full tilt through London, Munich, Athens, Jerusalem and Beirut. March to the enthralling beat of The Little Drummer Girl.
- Aspect Ratio : 1.33:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- MPAA rating : s_medR R (Restricted)
- Product Dimensions : 7.5 x 5.5 x 0.5 inches; 3.5 Ounces
- Director : George Roy Hill
- Media Format : Color, NTSC, Widescreen
- Run time : 2 hours and 10 minutes
- Release date : June 22, 2009
- Actors : Diane Keaton, Yorgo Voyagis, Klaus Kinski, Sami Frey
- Language : Unqualified
- Studio : Warner Bros.
- ASIN : B002EAYE42
- Number of discs : 1
- Best Sellers Rank: #44,212 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. When it came out. I thought it was a reasonably good "action" movie with a lousy female lead. Could not understand why they picked Keaton.
2. Later on - saw it again and thought it was rubbish.
3. Saw it 38 years after it came out. Now, I think LeCarre is having us on. He is in the movie after all. I think he is taking the piss out of movie stars who become "activists". Lines like: "don't you want to do something more than do sit-ins in Trafalgar Square" are give-aways. Do more? Heck, she was switching sides. What she wanted was more positive reinforcement and someone to give her the lines. remember she was down to doing crap wine ads. He fame had a leak in it. I think LeCarre very cleverly made every know-nothing celebrity who, of course, supports the down-trodden look like fools. well done, Sir.
The film reminds me that this is not one of John LeCarre’s best works. Part of the story is quite unbelievable, recruiting an unknown young woman to play part of a plan to source out a big spy from the other side. A lot of effort goes into the making of this new spy, and this was not the best film.
Recommended. prisrob 11-17-18
Overall, the realism comes through and the last scene where the Palestinian head of,the movement realizes he has been betrayed and about,to,be murdered is horrific and convincing. Who can say enough good things about this movie?