|Print List Price:||$13.95|
Save $8.96 (64%)
Little Girl Gone (A Logan Harper Thriller Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 294 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Book 1 of 2 in A Logan Harper Thriller (2 Book Series)
Featured Recent Releases
Browse the following literature & fiction recent releases to find your next great read.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
As Little Girl Gone begins, Harper stumbles into an attempted murder, and rescues an old family friend. However, rather than being a simple robbery-gone-wrong, this incident proves to have far-reaching ties to international business and politics. A girl's life hangs in the balance as Harper tries to find out why thugs would be interested in the granddaughter of a Burmese immigrant. Harper's search for information takes him half way around the world, and pairs him with some interesting partners in his search for the truth... and for the girl.
Once I began reading Little Girl Gone, I found the book difficult to put down. The fast-paced action pulled me along, and I continually wanted to read just a little more to find out what happens next. Like in his other books, Battles' writing style in Little Girl Gone creates questions in the reader's mind that beg for answers...and Battles does not disappoint. Battles moves the plot along with answers to questions that make sense without being predictable, and all the while building the suspense. The attention paid to details makes the places and action feel real. As Logan Harper's investigation leads him through Los Angeles to Thailand, the detailed descriptions paint realistic locations, and Battles' stories feel like a world tour.
Little Girl Gone is an excellent read, and I'm looking forward to future episodes in a series of Logan Harper books soon.
This was a book that was impossible to put down - so make sure you have enough uninterrupted time before you open it.
Logan makes a promise and sets off on a journey to find a missing young lady that takes him from California all the way to Thailand. Throughout this journey he encounters many interesting characters. Some are more helpful than others.
Rich with culture the plot has many twists and turns as Logan keeps his California father and old cronies informed of progress in his quest to rescue the missing girl.
I first ran across Brett Battles books last year when I purchased "The Cleaner" on a whim, while walking to the checkout counter of the book store, the cover was and eye catcher. I was quickly drawn into the characters and their stories and soon went in search of everything else Jonathan Quinn I could find. Now with a new cast and new adventures I am anxiously awaiting Logan Harper's next adventure.
This was a great read, It was quick, the action flowed well it had good elements of mystery and heroism it was compelling with good resolution. Quinn fans will quickly become Harper fans. I highly recommend this for mystery action fans.
The following issues were what began my disillusionment with this novel.
- The bad guys were able to afford to employ up to a dozen agents to keep tabs on this one girl, some of them for several months, but they could not employ an actual agent to move in with her, but instead hired some petty larcenist whom they apparently picked at random to move in with the target. This appeared to be purely for the purpose of allowing this larcenist to pass on information necessary for the furtherance of the plot.
- Why they needed 1 roommate, 1 fake boyfriend, and 2 guys next door for several months, just to watch and then kidnap the daughter of some revolutionary is unclear. To be fair, perhaps the last third of the novel explains it. If the goal was kidnapping, couldn't two guys handle it without the months of prepwork? This was some girl going to college, not the president's daughter.
- The main character's dad apparently knows some retired Vietnam Vets. These vets have thus far, provided security for the main character, remote bodyguard services for a witness in another city, jail services for a couple of baddies the hero beat up, and contacts with an information broker in Thailand, all apparently at no charge. Seriously, where do some retired vietnam vets keep prisoners? Aren't they worried about kidnapping charges?Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It was a good book, I read it in bits and pieces, but glad I finished. Good read!Published 2 months ago by Gwynneth K. Williams
I enjoyed this author's writing style and would like to read more of his works. This thriller kept me engaged, and it moved along quickly without vulgar scenes and profanity.Published 6 months ago by PaperCraftLady
It started off good and only got more captivating as it went. Loved the humor and definitely the action. Looking forward to reading more Logan Harper books.Published 7 months ago by Denise Bacher
Little Girl Gone got off to a slow start for me. The involvement of the protagonist's father and his old cronies seemed too self-consciously cute to me in the beginning. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Shirley Y. Thomas
I liked the characters and immediately ordered the 2nd book. The story moved well and kept me interested.Published 9 months ago by jacci d hall
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller & Suspense
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Kidnapping
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers