Top positive review
84 people found this helpful
on October 1, 2005
Little House on the Prairie is THE BEST SHOW, so I was so happy to find that it's being released on DVD! I am very pleased with Season 3. The quality is pretty good, and there's finally a scene selection in this one. There are 19 episodes in all, on 6 discs. If you are a fan of Little House, you should definately buy this DVD set. I also recommend introducing it to your children, as this show would make a good influence on them, unlike many shows on TV now. Here are some short descriptions of the episodes:
1. The Collection- When Reverend Alden gets sick while collecting donations, and ex-convict named Caleb Hodgekiss offers to get the donations from Walnut Grove for him. Caleb plans to keep the money himself, but he decides to do the right thing when he sees how nice the people of Walnut Grove are.
2. I'll Ride the Wind- Mary and Mr. Edwards son, John Jr., have fallen in love and want to get married. Though they both get the approval from their parents, John must decide whether to accept his scholarship to college or to stay with Mary.
3. Bunny- After mistreating Laura's former horse, Bunny, Nellie falls off the horse and is paralyzed. Laura feels very guilty and thinks that it's her fault, so she does all of Nelle's schoolwork for her...until one day Laura discovers that Nellie has been faking her injuries.
4. The Race- Now that Mr. Oleson has given Bunny back to Laura, she is training Bunny for the horse race. Mrs. Oleson purchases a thoroughbred for Nellie to ride. Although on the day of the race, Bunny gets tired out because Laura had to fetch Doc Baker, Laura decides to race against Nellie anyway.
5. The Monster of Walnut Grove- On Halloween night, Laura sees Nels chop of a mannequin's head. Since she could only see the back of the doll's head, and she heard Nels and Harriet arguing, Laura believes that Nels chopped off his wife's head.
6. Journey in the Spring- After the death of his wife, Charles's father, Lansford, loses his will to live. Charles brings him to Walnut Grove in hope that it would make his father well again. When Bunny runs into a wire fence, Charles has to shoot her. Laura becomes angry at her grandpa because he promised Bunny would be ok. When Lansford leaves, Laura feels guilty and searches for her grandpa to convince him to come back.
7. Fred- Laura is tricked into taking a billy goat home with her, who she names Fred. After Fred eats the crops, however, Charles tells Laura that she has to find Fred a new home.
8. The Bully Boys- The three Galinder brothers move to Walnut Grove. The two men cause trouble and don't pay their bills, and Bubba, the boy, is a bully at the school.
9. The Hunters- Laura goes along on a hunting trip with Charles. Laura accidentally knocks over his gun, which goes off, wounding Charles. The only man that can help Laura find Mr. Edwards is a Sam, a blind man.
10. Blizzard- When it looks as if a snowstorm is coming, Ms. Beadle sends the children home from school early, not knowing that it was going to hit so soon. The children get caught in a huge blizzard.
11. Little Girl Lost- When Carrie goes along with Mary and Laura to collect bugs, she falls into a mine shaft. The whole town pitches in to save Carrie, but the only one who really knows exactly what he's doing is Mr. Laudy. But Mr. Hanson will not listen to him because he stole a woman away from him many years ago.
12. Quarantine- An epidemic of mountain fever hits Walnut Grove, which is placed under quarantine. Mr. Edwards's daughter, Alicia, comes down with the disease. When Laura tries to help Alicia, she wakes up that night with the spots. Believing that she now has the disease, Laura quarantines herself with Alicia and Mr. Edwards.
13. Little Woman- The schoolchildren put on plays in groups for a special event that the parents will be coming to. Ginny Clark is in Mary and Laura's group. Her widowed mother refuses to go to the play with the wood man (who wants to date her) because she feels that she doesn't look good enough. Ginny comes up with a surprising solution to buy her mother a dress.
14. Injun Kid- A native American boy named Joseph Stokes comes with his widowed mother to Walnut Grove and they stay with his grandpa, Jeremy. However, Jeremy resens his grandson because his daughter had married an Indian against his wishes.
15. To Live With Fear- After an accident in the barn, Mary needs an immediate operation. Charles and Mr. Edwards must do a dangerous job dealing with explosives in order to pay for Mary's operation.
16. The Wisdom of Solomon- Solomon Henry, an 11-year-old African American boy, runs away from home because he is tired of being treated differently than everyone else. Solomon ends up in Walnut Grove and stays with the Ingalls for a little while.
17. The Music Box- Laura has made a new friend, Anna, who stutters. When Laura is at Nellie's one day, she takes a music box from Nellie's room. When Nellie catches Laura, she tells her that she must do as she says or else she'll tell on Laura. Nellie makes Laura join her club and abandon Anna.
18. The Election- The school is having an election. Mary, Nellie, and a boy named Elmer are running for president.
19. Gold Country- When their crops are destroyed, the Ingalls and Edwards family leave Walnut Grove and look for gold, hoping to get rich.