Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Little Leonardo's Fascinating World of Science Hardcover – Picture Book, March 13, 2018
The Amazon Book Review
Book recommendations, author interviews, editors' picks, and more. Read it now.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
From the Publisher
Welcome to the World of Little Leonardo
Little Leonardo's Fascinating World
Each Little Leonardo's Fascinating World book covers a componant of the acronym STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math). Illustrated with a retro vibe by Greg Paprocki, the images are fun and create a diverse group of children exploring the topic.
Included in each book is a glossary of important terms, and mini biographies of famous people around the world who excelled in or pioneered the topic.
Let the youthful version of Leonardo da Vinci inspire your young Renaissance men and women to excel in arts and sciences.
Little Leonardo's MakerLab
Each Little Leonardo's MakerLab volume covers one topic, and includes more than 20 hands-on activities for young readers. The necessary items to use in the activities can usually be found around the house or the classroom, so no need to buy expensive supplies.
Each activity is broken down into two or three steps:
1. What You Need
2. What You Do
and sometimes ...
3. What You Need to Know
STEAM curriculum is becoming very important in schools, and it is a benefit to introduce children to these concepts at an early age.
STEAM related professions are expected to increase approximately 28% between 2010 and 2020.
Many educational policymakers have added ARTS to the STEM program, making it a STEAM program. They believe that design and creativity are essential for innovation.
STEAM Childrens Books
- Science - astronomy, geology, paleontology, archaeology, sociology. Science is cool!
- Technology - computers, jets, artificial intelligence, robots; technology is everywhere.
- Engineering - introduce kids to those who build everything, from microcircuitry to dams and bridges.
- Arts - discover different types of art, tools to create art, and careers in artistic fields.
- Math - time and temperature, angles to make a soccer goal, elevator floors. All are part of math.
About the Author
Greg Paprocki works full-time as an illustrator and book designer. In addition to illustrating several Curious George books, he’s provided illustrations for a number of books for Gibbs Smith, including A Is for Atom, S Is for Santa, B Is for Boo, and The Big Book of Superheroes. He began his career as an advertising art director after studying fine art and graphic design at the University of Nebraska.
Bob Cooper has been an editor for more than 20 years, working with everything from comic books to legal briefs. He lives near Salt Lake City.
- Lexile Measure : AD1000L
- Item Weight : 9.6 ounces
- Grade Level : Kindergarten - 3
- Hardcover : 24 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1423648749
- ISBN-13 : 978-1423648741
- Product Dimensions : 7.6 x 0.4 x 9.6 inches
- Publisher : Gibbs Smith; Illustrated Edition (March 13, 2018)
- Reading level : 4 - 8 years
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #499,356 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: