Dual Format Edition
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
LITTLE MALCOLM AND HIS STRUGGLE AGAINST THE EUNUCHS
A Film by Stuart Cooper
A mesmerising and furious performance from John Hurt is at the heart of this chillingly dark comedy about delusional revolutionary Malcolm Scrawdyke. Rarely seen in almost 40 years, it is released by BFI Flipside in a Dual Format Edition with thematically-related archival short films and an extensive booklet containing new essays and interviews.
Financed by George Harrison, and based on the celebrated 1966 stage play by David Halliwell, which also starred John Hurt, Little Malcolm was filmed in 1974 on location in bleak, wintry Oldham by director Stuart Cooper (Overlord, The Disappearance) and cinematographer John Alcott (A Clockwork Orange, The Shining).
- Dual Format Edition: includes both the Blu-ray and the DVD of the film and the extras
- New High Definition restoration
- Presented in both High Definition and Standard Definition
- Original Little Malcolm trailer
- Put Yourself In My Place (Francine Winham, 1974, 25 mins): fraught gender relations trigger a startling role reversal in this polemical comedy starring Judy Geeson (Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush)
- The Contraption (James Dearden, 1977, 7 mins): in a final act of defeat or defiance, a man (Richard O Brien) builds a sinister contraption in a dark cellar
- Illustrated booklet featuring original artwork, an extensive new interview with Stuart Cooper and other contributions