Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Little Princes: One Man's Promise to Bring Home the Lost Children of Nepal
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ingrid Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on November 30, 2015
While getting assigned Little Princes as my reading book for my college class, I was very fascinated about how one man could leave his nice middle-class home in the United States to go to a place full of poverty and experience a once in a lifetime adventure. His experience with the country of Nepal and the orphanage was very insightful on a 3rd world countries. While reading this book, it made me recognize and reflect on the differences between the United States and Nepal. Conor Grennan brings a great experience to the reader in his humor, reflection, and his experiences in the book. I was happy through most of the book because I was enjoying how he put a bunch of information and dedication in his work to help the children in Nepal and make Next Generation Nepal for orphans. Sadly, it slowly dies down after he forms everything. Then it starts to literally talk about Liz in almost every chapter. I started to get annoyed on how everything after that was about her—either it was about him missing her emails or seeing her, etc. It felt like after I read it that it was really just about how he met her instead of the adventure that he experienced. I know I may be going rough on the book, but that was how I felt about it. I enjoyed the book and would recommend it to certain people. If you are looking for a love story / life experience on other living experiences in the world, I recommend it then.
on March 1, 2012
I wanted to like this book a lot more than I did. It is fairly well written, but it seemed to me to be lacking in insight about the children and their parents. Perhaps because of the language barrier, we really don't get to know much about any of the people in Nepal. Also, because the author was forever going back and forth from Nepal to the U.S., the book seems disjointed to me. While the effort to save these children is admirable, at no point do we get to know exactly what the children think and want. And short shrift is given at the end to explaining which children were reunited with their parents and how that affected them given that it must have been very traumatic to be back in the poor villages from whence they came. At the end of the book, I was left with more questions than answers.
on May 22, 2016
Interesting and amazing story of one man's journey from immaturity to saving many of the trafficked children of Nepal and reintroducing them to families they had lost years before. What he did and how he did it was a lesson in perseverance and, eventually, love.
on December 3, 2013
When we began to read the book, the beginning was slow and unclear. The author seemed to have a streak of good fortune through out the book. For example, he found Anish (the needle in the haystack), he found the Irish volunteers in the middle of the night, they escaped a brutal beating by drunks and found love online. The book was dramatic almost like an action packed movie written for reading pleasure. The book gave me a summarized account of issues occurring in Nepal. I think I have this belief because the viewpoint is Conor's account instead of a local. I thought the way the book was written okay, but could have been better. The book is not something I would normally choose to read. I read it as a mandatory read for my class. I found after reading further that it did contain some engaging material concerning the children's experiences. This book is classic for the lifetime channel repertoire of material content. Formerly speaking, it is a tear jerker and emotional roller coaster ride.
on August 16, 2014
The story is very sweet and it's very nice the children were helped; however, the author spent far too much time on himself. The saccharine sweet love story is just too much. I would much have preferred less about how awesome the author thinks himself and more about the children. Very self-serving.
on May 1, 2014
Conor states at the beginning of the story that he originally went to Nepal for selfish reasons. He wanted people to admire him and fill his vanity. Although vain, I do admire the fact that he stuck out the trip, learned a little about himself, and started a very noble charity.
I like that Conor really starts to evolve during the story. He learns to adapt to the ways of the people in Nepal and brings American culture and beliefs with him to get the ball rolling on NGN.
The best part of the story is his struggles to help find the parents of the children. From being an arrogant jerk in the beginning, to being a hero to these parents and children alike is something I find very admirable.
The only part of the story I really did not like was his obsessive writing about the courtship of his future wife, Liz. I feel like he goes from hero to Don Jon again everytime he talks about her. It is those moments in the book where I feel he digressed from the main point, the children. And why didn't he bring the apple back.
In all, I thought the book was very interesting. It shed light on an issue I had never heard and look forward to seeing where Conor takes NGN in the future.
on May 2, 2016
By reading Little Princes, I come to the fact that Conor Grennan seemed selfish. This book is mainly supposed to be about the children. The book is great, has a wonderful story line, but the part about Liz and Conor's relationship about him talking about how he proposed to Liz, and that they hung out, it should have been left out or cut short. It doesn't seem to add up anything about the children. It let us know, the readers, about what is going on in Nepal. It gives us an overview about the situation in Nepal, about how to help out and about the organizations that are helping out. The part that I did like was how Conor did so much to find the children’s missing families. He literally went out there to find them and that is something that no one else would have done. Knowing what Conor went through, especially looking for a job to help raise money for the children, and doing what he can, he turned it out. Knowing just what he went through, it inspired me that someone who starts off as poor and has no money, that you can turn something out and become successful at it. His way of writing the book, it felt like I was his friend and he was talking to me personally. Some people may or may not like his style of writing because it’s very informal. I gave the book to a friend after I was done reading it and so far she seems to be enjoying it. So, in all it’s just personal preference on what style of writing you like. Overall, the book was okay. It was interesting towards the beginning because Conor was saying what he was going to do and it was funny at times, but once it got towards the middle of the book, it kind of got boring. I recommend this book to anyone who likes reading inspirational books, thank you.
on May 26, 2013
The story reminds us once agian of the tragic collateral damage resulting from civil war. Children and familes suffer. Immoral people further victimize refugees or those caught in between fighting factions. At least with this story there is a happy ending.
on May 2, 2016
Our overall reaction to the book is that it was easy to follow. Little Princes had a straight forward outline guiding me through the story from beginning to end. The book provides an insight into child trafficking and the orphaned children of Nepal. Conor’s story gave us an understanding about how the children in Nepal are raised and are treated in an orphanage. He took us on the journey of how children are lost, given away, and kidnapped and the process of finding them and giving them a home they can feel safe in and in order to achieve this. There are many organizations in Nepal that are willing to risk their lives and voluntarily helping people like Conor which gave a better understanding of a close knit community. Although the book is well written and easy to understand, there are some details that he left out when traveling back to the United States: he could have included how he was able to raise more funds in the US rather than in Nepal. The book has funny details in conversations while at other times it was a bit boring with non-essential details. On the other hand, it was informative as it brought awareness to Nepal and the difficulties they are facing. We feel the NGN has helped decrease child trafficking, and we hope it continues to do much more in the future since there is a lot of work to be done. If you like stories or documentaries that bring in some humor, this book is definitely for you. If we had to describe this book using one word it would be: selflessness.
on November 30, 2015
My overall reaction to Little Princes was that it made me feel more aware about things over seas and how thankful we have it here growing up. I would describe this book in one word by saying it is "Astonishing". I also feel like this book gave me a way much more complete understanding of all the many different issues that are going around such as Nepal's civil war, all of the innocent children in Nepal, and all the different child trafficking cases, and how the community engagement was terrific. He explains it very thoroughly and tells you exactly what is going on and how he sees it from the inside out. I think that the book was written with a modern today,s English which was very understandable. It was easy to follow the story because he explains it and stays on track and doesn't get off topic. I really don't relate to Conor at all as an author. It was a interesting book it had a lot of information and he is a very humorous author. I feel like I just became more aware of the situations happening out there and all the different programs that are trying to help need to be more explained and brought to the media for more attention. I have shared this book to my brother when I told him about Nepal's civil war.