The Little Rascals
|List Price:||$9.99 Details|
|Price:||Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$6.25 (63%)|
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Enhance your purchase
Frequently bought together
They're all here! Spanky, Alfalfa, Buckwheat, Darla, Stymie, Porky, Petey the dog and all of the rascals star in this hilarious motion picture hit. The Little Rascals, directed by Penelope Spheeris (Wayne's World, The Beverly Hillbillies), brings a whole new generation of rascals to today's audiences. Recapturing the sense of innocent fun and unabashed pandemonium that has made the original series a classic and favorite for decades, their new adventures begin at an emergency meeting of the "He-Man Womun Haters Club." Alfalfa has fallen in love with Darla, threatening the very existence of their "boys only" club. Further trouble ensues when their clubhouse is destroyed and their prized go-cart "The Blur" is stolen by the neighborhood bullies. How can they win the big race and its prize trophy? Adding to their woes is the new boy in town, Waldo, who's refined, rich and also wooing Darla. Through mischief and mayhem, tricks and ingenuity, the rascals will learn the value of true friendship...and even an appreciation of girls!
- Aspect Ratio : 1.85:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- MPAA rating : s_medPG PG (Parental Guidance Suggested)
- Product Dimensions : 7.5 x 5.38 x 0.6 inches; 4 Ounces
- Item model number : MHV61020034DVD
- Director : Penelope Spheeris
- Media Format : Multiple Formats, Closed-captioned, Color, Anamorphic, Dolby, Dubbed, Live, NTSC, Subtitled, Widescreen
- Run time : 1 hour and 23 minutes
- Release date : January 20, 2004
- Actors : Travis Tedford, Kevin Jamal Woods, Jordan Warkol, Zachary Mabry, Ross Elliot Bagley
- Dubbed: : French
- Subtitles: : English, Spanish
- Producers : Michael King, Bill Oakes
- Language : Unqualified, English (Dolby Digital 5.1), French (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround), Spanish (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround)
- Studio : Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
- ASIN : 0783219806
- Writers : Paul Guay, Stephen Mazur, Penelope Spheeris
- Number of discs : 1
- Customer Reviews:
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As far as the film goes, it's lost between being a loving homage to the original vision and a standard PG joke fest complete with double entendre and bathroom jokes. Personally, I would have preferred a full G rating with more emphasis on capturing the spirit of Our Gang.
What's missing? The illusion of real friendship. The movie suffers from a severe lack of chemistry between the lead buddies, Spanky and Alfalfa. Throughout the film it's difficult to believe that these two children are best friends. A much better job is done with the characters of Porky and Buckwheat; it's too bad all the casting wasn't better.
On the topic of casting, certain roles overall seem wasted. I hate to critique children so harshly, but the lackluster performance of Spanky, Stymie and Darla truly heightens the admiration I hold for the raw talent of the original actors! The most noticeable is Darla, who might have been cast solely based on appearance. This is an odd shame when one remembers how well the original Darla could sing, dance and act with a good degree of comic timing.
Basically, if you enjoy the Little Rascals and keep an open mind, you should enjoy watching the classic gags being updated. Just try not to judge this Rascal crew too harshly; there was only one George McFarlane after all!
Top reviews from other countries
A good film with lots of laughs and pranks with no violence or scary characters .
It is a really good one to have in your kids dvd collection for any time of the year.