Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 7, 2017
I discovered Jessie several years back. I love her voice and I love her songs. She kind of reminds me of Eva Cassidy
on February 21, 2016
I'm going to basically rehash my iTunes review again here on Amazon: Purely captivating! Mesmerizing album! I quickly grow bored of most songs in my rotation list - unless they're pure genius and this album is chock-full of Stephen Hawking's. "Holiday" grabbed my attention after the intro guitar riff and never let me go; while the other tracks required several listening sessions - but once you "get it" you won't be able to stop listening to these very cleverly crafted 3-4 minute opuses. The epiphany will prompt you to proselytize the Book of Baylin to every music gormandizer you know.
on February 5, 2016
Great singer, songwriter. Love the cd
on November 8, 2014
this is so great, and gets better with each listen.
on August 17, 2014
Love this album... thanks Jessie!
on August 1, 2014
My new favorite female vocalist. Stellar playing and writing.
on November 14, 2013
This is one of those cases that newer is not better. I found Jessie Baylin's perious CD "Firesight" at a thrift store, bought it, & fell in love with her Neo-Folk to near Country Rock. I quickly put "Little Spark" my Amazon Wish List & bought it within a month. I see a few review ratings of 3 on "Little Spark" & I see some other people's reaction against the rating. When I first read the 3 rating reviews, I thought maybe the reviewers were playing mp3s through a boom box, but no, they are right. I have a professional stereo that reveals exactly what's on a CD or LP. The recording does have too much reverb that covers up the clarity of the songs. It sounds like I am in a bar with bad acoustics. "Jesse, I can't hear you. Too much noise in the bar. Move a little closer to the mike". This time around the songs have become simplified with a lot of "Oh oh's" & "La la's". The music in "Firesight" came close to Shawn Colvin in style while "Little Spark" is a lesser copy of Aimee Mann. It sounds like Jessie Baylin is exploring different styles from her first CD with Neo-Folk changing to her 2nd CD to Early Beatles or as some have written in other reviews; Dusty Springfield which I disagree with. Dusty Spingfield has a more powerful voice that cuts through while Jesse Baylin's voice is rather child-like in comparison. Jessie, your music is great, stop the La La's & fire your producer or sound engineer.
on June 7, 2013
A leading publication has compared Jesse Baylin to Dusty Springfield. Listening to Jesse is pleasureable, but she's way off the Dusty Springfield mark.
on June 2, 2013
Bought this for my husband as part of his anniversary present. He loves it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was a hard CD to find but I am glad I found it, and so is he. He was very surprised.
on February 27, 2013
Really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really (enough words yet?) nice sound.