Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Little Tikes Backyard Barbeque Get Out 'N Grill
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

on December 20, 2011
We order this grill for our son for Christmas, so I can't say how much fun it is yet. I wanted to write this review to warn people that if you are ordering this for a child over the age of 3 beware it is very short. The grill looks great and has a lot of nice options that other one for the same price doesn't have. My husband is going to build a wood box for it to stand on and I think it will work great, but I just wanted to make people aware of this one little problem.
55 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2012
First the good things. I have two kids and they have a ball on this. It is easy to assemble and put on the stickers. Very durable and the storage underneath is nice, especially when you are going to move it from one room to the other. The only bad thing is the food. You get one hot dog and bun and one burger and bun and one bottle of ketchup. If you are buying this for more than one child, buy the food pack, cause the fight was on! The other knock is that the food is soooo slick that it is very tough to keep things together. The hot dog will slide out of the bun if the bun is tilted three degrees of level. That tends to frustrate kids. The hamburger and bun is like that, except it's thick and tough for little hands to hold it all and again, if the pressure of your squeezing hands varies slightly on one side the burger will shoot out and go flying.

Nice grill and should last a lot of years. Just fix the food issue and your good.
on August 13, 2012
we love this toy. and it is just the perfect size for my 3 year old. even his older brother 6 and 7 like to play with it.
on January 21, 2013
My husband didn't really like the idea of my son having a kitchen so we settled on this. It was delivered very quickly and was really easy to put together. I gave it to my 2 year old for christmas and it was the first thing he ran over to on christmas morning. He plays with it a lot and his cousins of all different ages also seem to enjoy it. It's a little smaller then I would have thought,it's definitely designed for younger kids. My only complaint is it didn't come with much food. They sell other packs of food but I felt for the price they could have tossed in more food. But over all its a nice product and I would buy it again. Any child who likes to play pretend with food will love this plus it will make daddy happy lol
review image review image
on February 2, 2015
My 3 yr old.grandson loves it. Sets it up outside right next to daddy's so they can barbecue together.
Not difficult to put together, and it's sturdy. Buy an inexpensive pack of fake food to go with it, because
just a small amount comes with it.
on May 6, 2013
My two boys love playing with this, however if I had spent over 30 I would think it was a great bargain, but since I found it cheap, I got what I paid for. The only piece that had problems is the tongs got broken after about 3 months....keep in mind tho I have 3 boys the oldest is only 5
on August 13, 2013
Little Tykes = Shoddy

1) you cannot push the red 'igniter' button without pushing over the whole grill, it's so stiff. My toddle certainly can't do it at all.

2) the pieces don't fit together properly, as usual with Little Tykes toys. Ugh. The side panels (the sink and burner pieces) don't mate properly, so the result is very slanted and everything slowly slides off.

3) incredibly light weight. Topples very easily.

4) the doors won't open or shut completely without an adult assisting. My two year old is very particular, and get frustrated that he can't close the doors all the way.

5) the two grilling areas are very small. The slippery food provided falls off incredibly easily. That is not conducive to toddlers enjoying themselves. I would rather have a large flat grilling area that kiddies could enjoy instead of two poorly placed small ones.

6) the faucet handle doesn't move. It really looks like it could. How much more difficult could it be to make that happen? Apparently- for a company that gets everything else wrong- it's far tough.

TL,DR: if you like spending money on cheap products, get it.
on September 17, 2015
My son loves this BBQ! so far we have kept it inside but will be great outside next summer when my son is bigger. I have a 13 month old and he plays at it all the time, twisting the knobs and opening/closing the bottom. The only thing is that it is somewhat light weight so it can be tipped if a child is putting too much weight on it. My son hasn't tipped it over yet but we have it cornered off in our playroom against a couple walls.
on July 21, 2016
Very cute and fun toy. Perfect size for my 17 month old grandson. (11 X 24 X 28 ). Whenever his daddy is grilling in the backyard he is always curious and watching what dad is doing. He tries to imitate his daddy in everything. Now he has his own barbecue and will have so much fun cooking with his daddy. He loves the "clicking" of the knobs and making believe he is eating his hotdog and hamburger. The plastic is very sturdy and durable. The barbecue is also very light so there is no danger if it tips over it will hurt him. He loves to open the doors and put his pretend food in it. So cute. He is very happy with his new barbecue from Little Tikes.
review image review image review image
on April 14, 2015
We bought this for daughter's first birthday. She loves the one at the sitter, and we wanted to have something on the back deck so can "grill" alongside her daddy.

Very easy to put together. I did it myself in about an hour while resting said one year old and dog who kept stealing the plastic hot dog. It is light/small enough however to bring in the house in case of bad weather or whatever without any trouble. We had all of the parts and pieces, even with a few extra (and yes I double checked to make sure I didn't forget a step or didn't put a piece on)!
review image