Little Tikes Deluxe Wooden Kitchen and Laundry Center
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Double burner stovetop, oven, dishwasher, all with clicking knobs
- Includes laundry basket, pullout ironing board with iron and clothes hooks
- Ganite-look countertop, double sink, roomy storage shelves, telephone and chalkboard
- Plenty of moving parts for realistic play
- Includes metal pots and pans with accessories, and spice jars
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Little Tikes Deluxe Wooden Kitchen & Laundry Center - A gorgeous wood children's play kitchen and laundry center. The pretend play kitchen offers everything the little homemaker needs. Double burner stovetop, oven, and dishwasher with clicking knobs. Pretend refrigerator with ice dispenser, microwave, and clock. Laundry center with washer/dryer and timer. Includes laundry basket, pull out ironing board with iron, and clothes hooks. Granite-look countertop, double sink, roomy storage shelves, telephone, and chalkboard. Magic oven door changes image. Includes plastic pots and pans with accessories, and spice jars.
From the Manufacturer
This gorgeous wooden kitchen and laundry center offers everything the little homemaker needs. It features with a double burner stovetop, oven, dishwasher, a clock and refrigerator with ice dispenser, microwave. This laundry center comes with a washer, a dryer and timer. It includes laundry basket, pullout ironing board with iron, clothes hooks, Granite-look countertop, double sink, roomy storage shelves, telephone, chalkboard, metal pots, pans with accessories, and spice jars.
Top customer reviews
Some pictures of this product on the web show metal-looking accessories. This is inaccurate...all accessories (pots, pans, phone, laundry basket, etc.) are made of plastic. Also, the door handles, clock, and knobs are made of plastic as well.
My daughter (2.5 years old) loves this kitchen/laundry center - especially the bell that "dings" when the laundry is "done." The knobs also make a clicking noise when you turn them. A larger kid might enjoy a larger kitchen but this fits great into our living area and is a fine size for my daughter.
The dimensions of our finished product were:
Height = appx 41"
Depth = appx 14"
Length (with ironing board out) = appx 45"
Countertop height (where the sink/stovetop are) = appx 20"
I have two minor complaints:
1. Assembly: I am a Mom who is 7 months pregnant. I'm no engineer. I felt like "Mom the Builder" as I was putting the thing together. It wasn't difficult and everything was well-labeled, but it was tedious. The instructions do not have words - just pictures (43 steps in all!), but they were easy to understand. It took me about 4 hours to assemble the whole thing on my own (no assistance from my husband). All in all it was easy to assemble, it just took a loooong time.
2. The CAMS (or "tumbler locks?") that are used in assembly: When you tighten the cams "tumbler/turn locks" that are used to hold together various pieces around a screw, DO NOT TIGHTEN THEM TOO MUCH. I've assembled a lot of furniture in recent months with similar cams and I'm familiar with how they work. I don't over-tighten them and plus, I'm not overly strong, but when I hand-tightened them, some of the veneer almost split on the outside - indicating some of the wood (or wood-pulp) on the inside of the piece of wood was breaking. Oops. My husband said he could put some wood putty on there and it's not as though there were TONS of cams, but for the few you do have to use: DO NOT TIGHTEN THEM a lot and watch to be sure the wood on the other side of the cam doesn't start to poke/break through.
Even with the cam issue, the piece - once assembled- seems sturdy. You can attach it to the wall if you are concerned about it falling on your child, but at this point, that doesn't seem like an issue where we've placed it in our home. We'll see how it holds up for my toddler in a few months, but for now, we are pleased with this product and would buy it again! As my husband just mentioned (after watching our daughter play): I think this will turn out to be a very worthwhile purchase.
My son has loved playing with this kitchen- opening and closing the doors, turning the stove on and off. I especially like the muffins "cooking" in the oven- a cool hologram feature that shows raw batter from one angle and almost-cooked muffins from another. We have not used the small chalk board on the side because I don't want my son to get chalk dust everywhere, but I think it is a nice touch. The rest of the features are pretty standard- microwave, stove, sink, phone, clock, refrigerator, a few pots and pans- but the laundry center makes this a little different from all the other kitchens out there. My only complaint is that the laundry basket and washer/dryer are very small- my son can only fit one shirt in there- but it is very cute to see him doing laundry! The ironing board and iron are nice touches but he rarely plays with them- maybe because I don't iron very often and he doesn't really know what they are!
So far this kitchen is holding up well and I'm happy with the quality for the price paid. A couple of the hinges are a little off so the fridge door scrapes a bit and the oven falls open too quickly, but these are minor issues. Initially, my son had trouble opening the microwave door since there was a fairly strong magnet holding it shut, but my husband just reversed that piece and it opens and closes just fine now.
If you are interested in a wooden kitchen I would highly recommend going to a store to see this kitchen up close- the pictures don't really do it justice. Highly recommend this cute, functional kitchen!
The assembly was not difficult, but took a very long time. My advice is to budget 2-3 hours and spend some time organizing the parts before you start. I'm glad we didn't wait until the night of Christmas Eve to start.
I'm sure some of the plastic kitchen sets out there are easier to put together, but this one looks nice and feels very sturdy. I was a little worried that we would miss some of the sounds that the plastic sets have (sizzling, buttons that beep, etc.), but I think this set leaves a bit more to the imagination, and isn't quite as noisy for parents, especially with napping siblings. The knobs do make some clicking noises, and the laundry knob has a crank timer with a "ding" so it's just enough.
One thing (that will be no big deal in the next few months), is that the magnets that keep the doors closed are a little strong for my daughter. She was a very petite 22-month-old when we got it, so we had to put a little bit of tape over the magnets so that she could open the doors independently. She still has some difficulty with the washer door, which snaps shut. This is really not a big deal, but if you're buying for a very little one, you may need to help them some at first.
The set comes with a few pots and pans and other accessories, but food, utensils, plates, cups, and bowls are sold separately.
I would definitely buy this set again! It has been worth the effort!
Most recent customer reviews
My 20-month old son loves the kitchen Santa gave him (among many of his other toys).Read more