Top positive review
104 people found this helpful
This is by far the best toy I've ever bought my son (and daughter and us adults)
on July 31, 2015
We’ve been using this for almost a month and a half and it’s by far the best $23 I’ve spent in the last few years. My 10 year old is a basketball player, so my 1 ½ year old is always watching and trying to imitate her. This is perfect! Here's what makes it amazing:
• Quality: It’s built very well. Even with my 10 year old pretending to dunk and my 1 ½ year old pulling on it, it’s holding up well. We have other kids over and they play rough with it as well.
• Adjustment: This was important to me. I love how this hoop will be useful for a few years. Right now he gets the biggest thrill out of making a basket without any assistance. He throws balls in the hoop, sippy cups, other toys and pretty much anything that will fit. He plays with this every day. It will adjust to fit him when he’s much older also, I would guess about 4 or 5.
• Base: So the base is intended to be filled with sand (one of my friends put water in hers). Since I want to be able to carry it outside so he can play on his hoop while she plays on hers, I opted to not put anything in the base. Initially it tipped over a bit because he was pulling on the hoop. After a couple days he stopped doing that and it rarely tips now.
• Hoop and net: The net is the only annoying thing about this. The strings pull off of their hooks quite frequently. I stopped obsessively putting them back on because that got a little annoying. But, it seems the piece that holds the string in place could’ve been designed a little better. No big deal, not worth marking this down a star. My son pulled on the hoop initially when we got it. It didn't bend or break at all.
• Ball: The ball is the perfect size for my sons little hands. It’s soft, so if he drops it on his foot, hits someone else or falls on it there will be no injury. We have a variety of other balls we also use from our basketball arcade style game.
This has been an AMAZING toy for us. I couldn’t believe when I came on Amazon and realized how inexpensive it is for how awesome it is. All the first birthday parties I go to I will be buying this for. Even us adults have fun setting it far away and trying to make long shots. I would gladly give up 5 of his other toys just to have this.
Update March 2017: This is literally the best toy I have ever bought! Both of my kids still play with it nearly daily. Whenever we have other kids come over they always gravitate towards this. Just last night our family friends came over and 6 kids were playing with this. My 13 year old carried it around and they did trick shots (like having the hoop downstairs and throwing the ball from the landing into the hoop and dunking competitions). I never filled the base with anything, which I'm happy about. In my experience sometimes that gets messy and then it would be harder to carry around. This thing moves from our great room, to bedrooms, outside and to the rec room. I can't even convey how happy I am that we bought this when we did!