Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Little Tikes Princess Cozy Coupe - 30th Anniversary
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Kate Voegele Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on June 28, 2009
My daughter, who just turned a year old, loves riding in her little car. She's not quite sure of the wheel, horn, etc. but she really enjoys riding in it.

Pros: It comes with a "floor" for smaller kids. I'm not sure if they all do now, but my neighbors have a similar one and theirs does not have a bottom. It's a great feature for a child who's not old enough to move it along on their own.

My daughter thinks the door's ability to open/close is very neat. :)

The cons: My husband struggled with putting this together. When I asked what was hard about putting it together he responded "Everything! Just about every piece was difficult to get together."

I'm 4'11" tall and I'm the person who primarily pushes my daughter in this. My husband is 6' tall and I can't imagine him pushing her in it. The handle is probably just the right height for me however steering via the handle - not so easy. I generally walk beside the toy and use the sides to pull it along and steer.
on November 15, 2011
Before buying this for my daughter, I read through all the reviews on Amazon. I knew my daughter would love the coupe, but saw a lot of reviews about the difficult assembly. Challenge accepted! Many times these toys are cheaply made and take some manipulation to put together, but I found this to be quite easy actually, the only hard part can become the easiest with the proper tools. Many reviewers complained about the screws in the cupholder were near impossible to secure, which would be true using a regular screwdriver. If you have a ratchet with a phillips adapter use it, or what I used and definately my most used tool is the Black and Decker TriRachet. If I were to try to do that step without it, the half finished coupe would have been flung all over the garage. Save yourself frustration and make sure you have a way to screw a phillips in at a 90 degree angle. Assembly was a breeze, quite a bit more to do than any other toy. If you are not very mechanically inclined, this may take a few hours to build, more tedious than difficult. I will say I am an engineer and spend most my days with tools in hand fixing stuff, so I am not the average assember for this. If you do decide to buy this and need help or have questions about the assembly, write a comment and I will try to help you out.
As for the actual coupe: my daughter loves it. Her favorite "game" was having me push her around the house a small ride on plane. That gets hard when you have to bend down so far, so when I saw the handle on this I knew it was perfect. The door has a latch on it so once shes in, I can secure it. The removable floorboard is really nice too, shes too young and small to move it around on her own, so with that in there I know she is safe.
Overall, this is definately a buy. I am very satisfied with it, and actually had a lot of fun assembling it. Even if it takes you hours and hours of sweating and swearing to build, the smile on your daughters face will make it all worth it.
on January 12, 2015
The Little Tikes Princess Cozy Coupe was delivered in the time stated. We were happy it came disassembled, as we were making a Minnie Mouse vehicle for my granddaughter's 1st birthday and we would have had to disassemble to spray paint the top. Every child at the party was drawn to it and wanted to take a ride (both boys and girls). This vehicle is very well made and my granddaughter loves it. She confiscates everything she comes across and takes it for a ride.
review image
on July 28, 2012
I read a bunch of reviews before purchasing this product. I was a bit intimidated by how much of a hassle it was going to be to put together based on majority of reviews. I was honestly surprised, I had finished in less then an hour. I did not have a power drill so i had to make holes with a screw driver. That was probably the most time consuming part. Heads up that I watched videos to put it together before purchasing. So I had some kind of understanding of the parts. When it was complete, my 20 month old daughter was so excited to sit inside it. She has plenty room to grow. For now she only knows how to reverse. I think having carpet makes it's harder to move forward for smaller toddlers. My daughters loves it so much it's the first thing she plays with in the morning. She eats her snacks in it and likes to sit in it while watching TV. I am very much happy with my purchase and I would recommend this product.
review image review image
on May 16, 2014
This little types car is just the perfect toy. The model hasn't changed since I was a kid and that says a lot! My daughters play with it almost every day and when it's winter we bring it inside to continue to play with it. It has cup holders and a door that easily latches. A horn that honks and a key that is attached. Good quality and well thought out design.
review image review image
on August 3, 2015
We wanted to get a car for the little one and this was cute!

Overall, it's pretty nice, but could use some improvements. It will fit kids of quite a few ages and was actually a bit big for our small 2 year old but now is fitting better (at 2.5 years old). There's a bottom plate inside so they can keep their feet from hitting the wheels, or as they grow older they can remove the plate and push the car around. You can turn the wheel, the key, and honk the horn. The gas cap also opens. For now, the wheels have been safe on our wood floors, but perhaps that's because our little one is < 30 lbs.

What I don't like about it is how the front wheels are independent. That means they can flip around or splay outward causing them to either scrape on the ground (as opposed to rolling) or just spin erratically like a bad wheel on a shopping cart. I plan to rig up something to keep them together. I think it wouldn't be too hard to rig up a working "steering rack" since you can access the steering wheel's shaft from underneath...
on August 31, 2015
My granddaughter loves her Cozy Coup. I was so excited when my daughter got this for her daughter - as I have many fond memories of both of my children playing with their cozy coup's when they were toddlers. The design hasn't changed a lot in the over 25 years since my kids had these - I guess if something isn't broke, don't fix it. One nice feature about the newer models is they are taller and I am able to push my 18 month old granddaughter in her "car" without it breaking my back. I am only 5'5" and I think anyone much taller then me would have to bend though.

I put the coup together and used the on-line video instruction and it made the job very easy. I did it by myself and had no issues. I am a visual person so this was much better than the instruction manual. Following the video step-by-step will assure you don't put anything together bassackwards .... you do not want to try and take this baby apart believe me. After I put it together we took it for a few spins in the house on the hardwood floors and one of the front wheels did not operate properly - it was kind of "frozen" and wouldn't swivel like it should. I called Little Tikes and their rep was very friendly and helpful. Once we took it outside on the concrete it worked perfectly. Couldn't get the necessary traction inside (probably not an ideal inside toy anyway but with grandparents, we have a whole different set of rules than we did for our own kids lol!) .

Get one of these for your kids or grandkids - they will love it - and so will you.
review image
on July 7, 2015
This is a great way for our little two year old granddaughter to get outside and have some fun. She loves having grandma or grandpa push her around in it. However, she is not quite yet comfortable with having the floorboard taken out and using her own legs to power her little coupe on her own. Thus, this brings me to the biggest drawback; unless you're the height of a hobbit, this thing is killer on the back (especially if you're grandparent age!) It seems that somebody could redesign the handle in the back in such a way that a full grown adult can push this car around like a shopping cart or lawn mower, walking fully or nearly fully erect. Instead, you really have to lean over to access the handle, and after a few minutes of this, your back is begging you to stop.

So, we're really looking forward to the day when we can remove the floorboard and she can tool around in this cute little car on her own. One other negative is that just as others have pointed out, this thing is a chore to assemble. It's not difficult, and the available online videos are very helpful, but it comes with a huge quantity of small parts that takes quite some time to put together. It seems to me that a lot of this could be done in the factory, thus saving consumers some time in the assembly phase.

Otherwise, a great little car that really gets around and steers and maneuvers easily. It seems well built, and should last years.
on November 16, 2015
I bought this for my niece's 1st birthday. It comes with a removable floor board for those younger kids who are not yet old enough to "drive" it themselves. This means that they are not dragging their feet the whole time you push the car around using the handle carved into the back of the cars roof. It is super cute with the big eyes on the front and a little horn for them to honk. There is space in the back to store their favorite juice cup and snack to eat on the go. The only reason I gave it four stars was because my sister said it was very difficult to put together.
on October 14, 2015
Great item and arrived quickly. Was easy to assemble. The color combo on this coupe is amazing! We had not seen it in this color until we found it online, and it was a welcomed escape from the traditional red/yellow coupes that have been around for 30 years. I remember growing up with one of these, and now my daughters can too. This coupe had a solid floor that can be put inside for use with smaller children/infants. Once they are old enough to sit up and self-propel the car, the floor can be removed. Super convenient and gave use many more months of use with our smaller daughter than anticipated.