Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 251 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 320 reviews
on August 14, 2011
I see the mixed reviews for this, and I am confused by that...
We bought this for our 2 1/2 yr old son for Christmas. He is pretty rough on his toys, so I was a little nervous to give this to him- but we took a chance anyway. I am happy to report that we have been using it for 8 months, and although he is rough, he puts the microphone head in his mouth (getting slobber on it) which I was sure would make them stop working- everything still works great!
He loves "performing" for everyone, singing and dancing, and we love watching him.
Functionality:
I especially love that it has 2 microphones so I can sing with him, and when baby sister gets old enough, she can join in the fun!
The microphones allow you to sing to the music, and you can hear your voice and the song both clearly (neither interrupts the other)
My only complaint (if I had to make one) would be that the microphone cords are too short to set it on the floor and reach his mouth. We have to prop it up on a high surface (and even then they are a bit short). I do realize this is to prevent strangulation, but I would prefer them to be a little longer since I supervise my children, and I keep this toy out of reach when not in use anyway.
The buttons are easy enough that he can work on his own (which I like that he is becoming "tech savvy" at such a young age. He really enjoys being the "DJ" too, which works well for me, since he likes to constantly change the CD's after one song, hehe.
I was a little disappointed when I first purchased it that it didn't offer AM/FM radio, I thought I would want to have a variety, and may tire of CD's-- BUT I am really glad it doesn't, I don't miss it at all, and I prefer that we can control (monitor) what he hears (no advertisements for lousy products, no bad words, or suggestive dialogue) AND to my surprise there is an enormous selection of fun children's songs on CD's- PERFECT!!

In case you would like a recommendation for great children's music, I highly recommend "Kidsongs" (that is the brand) they are known for their children's singing/music videos (on DVD's) BUT they also have CD's as a separate collection (which have the same great songs as their videos). The videos were highly recommended to me by a child development expert, who specializes in gifted children. They are wonderful, and every child that has been to our house, just goes crazy for the videos. I never would have known of them if it weren't for him, so I thought I would share.

Bottom line: This CD player is really great family fun, and is really building memories that I think will last a lifetime-- singing, dancing, and performing with mommy and daddy- what could be better than that? I highly recommend!
on March 28, 2016
This was an awesome CD except it didn't last long and it ruined CDs. Four separate CDs have circular scratch marks in multiple places. We have tried two different units. Both have reacted the same way though one just decided to keep turning itself down to 0 no matter what was done. The batteries won't last long, even with consideration to turning the unit off when not in use. My kids loved this 'songer' until it died, twice. :(
on March 6, 2013
(I had to put the title in all-caps because that's what it sounds like around our house when whenever this toy comes out)
We've had this player for about 4 months now, and we would absolutely love it except for one fatal flaw: They put in volume buttons for the CD player, but the microphones go straight to the amplifier at full volume. It's beyond comprehension how they could design a toy for kids that has no volume control!
There are two issues:
1) Your four year old will talk directly into the microphone, so their voice comes out distorted because the volume is so high.
2) It's difficult to match the volume of the CD with the volume of your own singing unless you put EVERYTHING on full volume.
It's really more like a CD player combined with a full-volume megaphone.
on December 11, 2014
Perfect gift. My mother had bought this item for her granddaughter, my daughter for Christmas. We looked at it and we both love it. It is going to be a perfect when she opens it. It is beautifully detailed and bright colors. It looks durable and very well made. I would recommend to any child that loves to sing!!!!!!
on January 20, 2012
purchased this for Christmas for my daughter who's almost 3. she plays music and read-along books. she can easily change the cds and knows how to press the play button. i decided to go with this one because CD's are cheap and i can burn purchased music from iTunes. if it were an mp3 and she broke it, she'd be SOL. i gave this an average rating because it has some great features but we've only had it a month and a mic is already broken. I bought it because my daughter loves music and loves singing. she hasn't played with it as much as i had hoped because she also got a LeapPad for Christmas (which is the best toy EVER)

Pros: the sound quality is good. slot in the back that holds one cd case. mic sound is good. port for 1 pair of headphones. volume control for music. cd's are replaceable/inexpensive. buttons are shaped to help smaller kids operate device. durable body construction. portable, not too heavy for little people. my daughter loves using the mic to sing along to her favorite songs.

Cons: needs volume control for the microphones. occasional, extremely loud static when moving mics while they are plugged in (nothing in particular makes this happen) after just 1 one month, she's managed to break 1 of the mics(metal plug torn from the end of the cord, not something i can fix)i found the metal plug stuck in the headphones port. mic construction is cheap. needs auto-shutoff because kids never turn off their toys.
on July 9, 2013
I am very upset,disappointed with this purchased. I read reviews before buying and there were good and bad so I decided to go with the positive ones. well, I got the singing along which my son was very excited to get. He had so much fun in the first half an hour until one microphone work so I was very angry and then the other broke. I was supervising my son all the time because He can be rough with toys and I didn't want him to break this one so soon.so the fact that I was there sitting on the floor with him singing it is aggravating. the cd player is working but the fun part is gone. I throw away the boxes because I didn't imagine that It wasn't going to function well in a day. I don't recommend this toy at all. horrible quality and is not cheap. not worth it!!! very upsetting!
on March 20, 2017
Another toy my great grandson did not take to. (I think I enjoyed it more than him.)
on December 17, 2011
Bought this for my grand daughter for xmas, and saved the best for last. The CD player never turned and I am sitting here, reading all the reviews and I am very angry. It received very good reviews , overall, but if you start reading from the most recent, you will notice that most of the negative ones, ARE the most recent. To me, this says that the workmanship has become more and more shoddy -- or the parts -- or both. Then, look at where this is made....China, OF COURSE!! This xmas season, I have purchased several products that have malfunctioned and they are from China. I am sure it is not only because they come from China. I feel it is due to the state of our global economy and this is very depressing to me. Products cost more and are very cheaply made. It is very, very sad. Twenty years ago, I purchased a similar product for my daughter. It had a tape player and microphone, and looked much like this player. It lasted forever and never stopped playing; she outgrew it and it just was given away. Usually, I read reviews first. This was the only product I found that was what I wanted and was so much like the one I bought for my daughter. I was severely disappointed -- so sad to see my grand daughter's disappointment.
on June 20, 2014
I purchased this CD player so my son could listen to music easily and carry it around with him. We promptly removed the microphones, and will put them back on when he's older, probably 3. So far, the battery life has been great. I love the hold button on the back so taht once you start playing a CD you can prevent your little one from monkeying with the volume or other buttons. My only negative is that the "open/close" button for the CD door isn't controlled by the hold button, or any other locking mechanism and my son has now figured out how to open it. He's starting to learn that opening it makes his music stop, which makes him sad, but I do wish there was a way to latch the door.
on December 25, 2011
This item was purchased as a last minute Christmas gift to accompany a host of new CDs my child received for the Holiday. This player never worked out of the box after multiple attempts with numerous brand new CDs. All of the troubleshooting steps were followed and none of them helped. I was highly disappointed because I, like many others, chose to disregard the negative reviews. Folks, $50 is too much money to spend on this defective product. It has lots of potential and is a wonderful concept, but cannot overcome manufacturing flaws. I will pursue a refund through Amazon, but will buy another brand. If you do not like throwing money away, I would suggest that you look at other brands before opening your wallet.