Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,114 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,342 reviews
on September 18, 2017
Our family homeschools and good books are important to us. We use books constantly as my kids devour books. They cost me a fortune but in the long run I will have kids that have a true love of books and a thirst for knowledge. I don’t want them to just learn what’s put in front of them and memorize information that they will forget in a few years. My job is to inspire them to learn on their own, something not pushed in schools today. My kids read nearly 100 books a year. Thankfully I can save books for the next kid in line but I am developing quite a library
on January 25, 2017
This isn't exactly a holiday movie, but given it's starts with the holidays and transitions with them later, not to mention the Victorian appeal, it's always been a holiday film to me. I grew up in a family made up of sisters, so I've always related to the March family, without all the scarlet fever of course. I thought they made a heartfelt adaptation of the book, however there is certainly room for another film to be made.

If you have any questions about this product, feel free to message me.
[...]. Thank you.*
on May 5, 2017
I am the oldest of 4 sisters and have 2 daughters and this story talks to how sisters work and live together. A wonderful oldie that is a must have for any movie library.
on July 22, 2014
I LOVE this movie. I read the book for the first time, and wanted to watch the movie, but instead of buying it I rented it on amazon. I will buy it someday, but for now this was my quickest fix (I wanted to watch it RIGHT AWAY!). I love instant streaming... it satisfies my impatient self!

The quality was really great, surprising for such an old movie on my 55 inch tv. I thought the acting was great, even by the younger actresses, and overall it did the book justice (though no movie is ever exactly like the book, but then reading is not like watching a movie either!).
on May 1, 2017
I'm addicted to this movie - well-acted, well-made - great set design - it takes me out of 2017 to a better time
on November 4, 2015
Fantastic film. As with all adaptations, there are parts that I wish weren't deleted from the book. However, this one hits several of the major points and brings across the overall themes of the story. Minus one star for rushing a bit in the script and the awkward "older Amy" and Fredrick romantic scenes. (And I do mean awkwarrrrd.) Otherwise, definitely worth a watch!
on November 22, 2014
One of my favorite movies to watch with my grandma:) this movie is timeless:) wynona ryder was nominated for an Oscar for the role of Jo March. I don't know why she didn't win the best actress Oscar award but she should have:) she'd have won the Oscar if it were up to my grandma and i! Little women is a timeless classic family movie. A movie for all mothere and grandmothers to watch with their "little women" of all ages:) five stars ***** for 5 smiles:)
on January 18, 2017
A beautifully filmed slice of New England during the civil war. This stayed pretty true to the book and all the actors and actresses did a great job. But you can tell that it has been feminized, especially when one of the daughters tells the others that she would put her sisters first over her husband. And having Susan Sarandon play the mother reinforces that mindset. But that is just a small part of this movie. I really liked Gabriel Byrne as Professor Bhaer. He was older than Jo (Winona Ryder) but still attractive. We watch this as Christmas as it starts out with the girls celebrating the holiday.
on October 17, 2015
I didn't expect much when I pressed play. I wasn't a huge fan of the book to begin with, but boy did this movie change my mind. It's one of the few perfect book to movie adaptations out there. They kept in all of the best bits of the book and majorly toned down the preachy bits of the book. In fact, there was hardly any preach at all. And the acting! I dare say, I've never seen such perfect acting. It all seemed so incredibly natural and real, and the chemistry between the young March girls was perfect. The only actress who wasn't up to the same standard as the rest was the adult Amy, but she has hardly any screen time and her acting is tolerable enough.

If you like the BCC's versions of Pride and Prejudice, and Sense and Sensibility, you will love Little Women.

All in all, spectacular film. Bravo!
on March 30, 2016
My sis was super excited when I surprised her with this in the mail. It's one of our nostalgic-favorites from when we were kids and we still love it to this day. I can never get over the emotion of this movie and it's soundtrack. The acting is superb, and though it trails from the true storyline in the book, it makes a phenomenal story on its own. I read the book years after seeing and loving the movie, and I feel like they have to be taken as separate stories altogether to appreciate them each alone. They both carry their own luster. Will forever love this movie, the story, the characters, and the sentiment. Glad my sis can enjoy it anytime now too.