Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on June 14, 2013
This isn't a BAD game, but the replay factor just isn't there for me on this one like it is with many other karting games. I never find myself wanting to replay the same track over and over again in order to "perfect" it. You just do one track & move on to the next (being bombarded with stupid annoying cut scenes each and every time which you cannot turn off). I also find it beyond annoying how after playing a community level, the game takes you alllllll the way back to the main menu rather than back to the community level list where you left off. This makes you have to scroll ALLLLLLL the way through the list of levels again in order to get to where you were before! Obnoxious. LBP2 doesn't do that, thank God. Oh and did I mention this game requires an online pass to even access the community levels? NOT COOL.

Lastly, there is something 'off' about the controls in this game. It's almost like the game slightly nudges you or 'auto-pilots' you where you need to go. I never feel like much skill is needed in order to win a race, and this is evidenced by the fact that I can play with my 6yo nephew who sucks at video games yet can manage to land 1st place in this game.

Sadly, it could have been better. Fun to play through once--and that's about it.
on October 1, 2016
My kids still love this game and my oldest son had to have it for his 11th birthday that was passed this week. It's a really fun race game that reminds me of Mario Kart or Modnation which are also games that my kids like to play. The Little Big Planet games are just fun for the whole family. My kids been playing the game every chance they could since I bought it. It's pretty fun and I would recommend it to anyone that doesn't have it yet and I plan on getting Little Big Planet 3 this Christmas since it looks really interactive and creative with the gameplay.
on January 1, 2013
My kid and I love to play the Little Big Planet games. We own 1, 2 and now Karting.

We were disappointed that as of 01/01/2013 we can't use our Little Big Planet costumes we earned in previous games in this one! I had to dock it a star because if you're a fan of the little big planet franchise, you know that your other costumes from the other games generally roll forward into the latest Little Big Planet game you're playing.

You do got a nice reward on your Karting sack person for owning the previous games. That's pretty nice... but they need to finish up their support for the old costumes in the newer game. Their website says this is a work-in-progress.

As far as the game itself

This game is basically a ripoff of Mario Kart, but that's okay because it is a ton of fun. I have a good time building new race tracks for my kid and I to play on... and we can also race on other unique tracks made by the community when we go online.

If you're a fan of Little Big Planet, you should get it because it has all of the customization of the previous games, plus you now have the added customization of creating your Kart any way you choose. All Karts are created equal when it comes to speed, acceleration and handling... but cosmetically speaking, the sky is the limit. You unlock new Karts and Kart Parts by racing on the tracks through Story Mode and Challenges. Once you have an entire new "Kart" you have access to all of that Kart's parts, and you can use them to build a totally unique custom Kart.

If you're not a fan of little big planet, but you still like whimsical, non-realistic racing games... go ahead and pick this one up. There is also a "deathmatch" mode where you zip around an arena and use the pickups to score points by shooting eachother's Karts. They don't call it "deathmatch" because it is a kids game... but that's the gist of what you're doing in that mode.
on March 18, 2015
I don't understand other people's negative feelings towards this kart game.

It runs smoothly, has a ton of costumes, imaginative tracks, great music, online functionality, the ability to create your own (and play others') tracks.

The only complaints I have (compared to Modnation Racers) is that you can't fully build your own kart from scratch--but you still have plenty of options to create your own.

I personally loved this game (and I've played nearly ever blue-shell-infested mario kart, as well as Modnation Racers and Sega & All Stars RAcing Transformed.
on November 26, 2016
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!! My husband and I really like this game. It is a nice racing game with different planets/tracks to race on. The fact that while you race, you are searching for bubbles with treasures, is an added goal to achieve 100% completion on a level. We purchased a used copy, but it looked brand new and works wonderfully. We have now completed it and will probably start over. Very happy with this game.
on December 30, 2013
I've only been playing this kart game for a few days, but I love it. At first glance, it seems pretty simplistic. It's not so easy to guarantee a victory. The more you play, you find strategies that will put you ahead and, more importantly, keep you ahead of the other racers. I'm finding that, to obtain all of the treasures of the game, there's a lot of skill required, but the game doesn't force you through anything like that. Even on the harder "normal" setting, a few races should net you the luck to place in one of the upper levels and proceed with the story but, if you aim for perfection, you'll find the game very challenging.
on February 26, 2013
If you play along with the little ones as a grown up, then this is fun. If they are left alone, it's best to go in and open all the levels up for them so they don't get frustrated.

That said, it is fun to race anything racing game I think.

My 7 year old niece loves the whole costume and car design. I clocked her using her alotted 45 min. game allowance entirely on that feature and being happy with just that. So, you can find fun on many levels.

I think it's a buy. We have the others in the series and unless something goes terribly wrong, we continue to buy.

Our favorite part of this francise as a family, is that there's no gory bloody nightmare shots, and it really is okay for all ages.
on March 1, 2013
I really got this game for my girlfriend. I love playing games, and she does play some, but mostly enjoys simple games. Let me tell you, I play this more than ever. It definitely reminds me of mario kart, and the controls are spot on. I love the powerups, and you would think the game would get old, but it doesn't. Each different world is unique, and never gets repetitive. Plus, being able to modify your cart, clothes, etc, never gets old. Each time you create a new kart, seems like a new game all over. Like I said, the controls are great, and the air tricks are pretty cool too. Being able to do flat spins is so rewarding. Plus, when you land one (or a flip), you get a little speed boost. Trust me, this game isn't going to get old, and you will play it. Plus, playing online is a lot of fun. Highly recommend it.
on June 22, 2014
I've been a fan of the LBP games since day 1, and have always dreamed about a racing game with these characters in it. So as you can guess I was excited when LBP Karting was announced!

I won't say too much since there are plenty of detailed reviews, but I didn't quite feel this game was worth the full 60 bucks. But at the price it's at right now? Heck yes go ahead and buy it.

The gameplay is fairly similar to Mario Kart if you wanna get an idea, but isn't as fast if that makes sense.

So if you've played other LBP games and want something to hold you over for LBP3, I recommend this game. Also great for kids. :)
on May 6, 2016
My kids now have all of the little big planet ps3 games. I think it is so neat that they can create levels and the game play is amazing. You can build your own carts and make costumes for your characters. Between all of the LBP games, you would never need another game. You cannot run out of things to do. Once you beat the game, there is still an unlimited amount of things to do. If you haven't already, check out the LBP games.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.