$ 90 $39.95 Save $5.05 (13%)
+ $0.00 shipping
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- The creative Platforming fun of the LittleBigPlanet franchise comes to the PlayStation Vita handheld gaming system
- Introducing new ways to play, including front and rear touch control, tilt functonality and much more
- Multiplayer fun with pass 'n' play, multi-touch, and online play modes
- Access thousands of games online, created by fans (like you) and enjoy new gaming experiences everyday
- Create with new touch tools and all the familiar pop-it' tools and costumes from LBP2 (PS3) to develop simple or complex games for everyone to enjoy
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Join Sackboy in a completely new adventure, filled with adventure and competition. New Touch controls lets you PLAY with more freedom. Customize Sackboy and the world around you with unique Touch and Camera CREATE tools. Then discover an endless amount of free games, created and SHARED by fans online.
LittleBigPlanet's critically acclaimed "Play, Create and Share" experience makes its way to the PlayStation Vita system, in a completely new Sackboy adventure that takes advantage of the innovative and powerful feature set of the new Sony handheld gaming console. Play through loads of included levels and collect prizes, costumes, and create materials. Create your own levels and challenges with familiar and easy-to-use pop-it tools, which are made even more user friendly through the Vita's front and rear touch screens. Once complete, share your creations online with the whole LittleBigPlanet community.
Endless, Creative Fun, Wherever You Go
Join Sackboy in a completely new LittleBigPlanet game release especially designed for the launch, and life of the PlayStation Vita handheld game console. Utilize new touch controls that let you play with more freedom. Customize Sackboy and the world around you with unique touch and camera create tools. Discover an endless amount of free games, created and shared by fans online. And once you have mastered the game creation tools, create and share games of your own online.
Even Easier Creation Tools Via PS Vita Touch Controls
LittleBigPlanet for PlayStation Vita features the same design and gameplay functionality found in earlier LittleBigPlanet games, but bolstered by impressive features specific to the new Sony handheld gaming device. As with all LittleBigPlanet games, players can partake of campaign levels included in the game, download user created levels online, or create their own levels. The PS Vita's front and rear touch controls allow for more fluid customization and movement, as well as allow for fluid game design on the fly, with Sackboy previewing levels as you create them. When within a game additional features provide for a more varied gameplay experience, including: multi-touch input functionality for local multiplayer games on a single PS Vita, and a tilt feature that utilizes the PS Vita's motion-sensing internal gyroscope.
Key Game Features
- Classic LittleBigPlanet Fun - The creative Platforming fun of the LittleBigPlanet franchise comes to the PlayStation Vita handheld gaming system
- Touch, Create, Share - Introducing new ways to play, including front and rear touch control and much more
- The More Sackboys, the Better - Multiplayer fun with pass 'n' play, multi-touch, and online play modes
- Endlessly Free Games Available online - Access literally thousands of games online, created by fans (like you), and enjoy new gaming experiences everyday and for years to come
- Advanced Tools - Create with a blend of new touch tools and all the familiar pop-it' tools and costumes from LBP2 (PS3) to develop simple or complex games for everyone to enjoy
Front and rear touch controls.
Classic LittleBigPlanet fun.
More fluid game creation.
Top customer reviews
The creative Platforming fun of the LittleBigPlanet franchise comes to the PlayStation Vita handheld gaming system
• Introducing new ways to play, including front and rear touch control, tilt functonality and much more
• Multiplayer fun with pass 'n' play, multi-touch, and online play modes
• Access thousands of games online, created by fans (like you) and enjoy new gaming experiences everyday
• Create with new touch tools and all the familiar pop-it' tools and costumes from LBP2 (PS3) to develop simple or complex games for everyone to enjoy
First I'll start with the new Story Mode. While it may seem a bit shorter than previous games, it is packed full of exciting gameplay, a great story, whimsical characters that will not leave you disappointed. Some may be worried that the Vita's touch capabilities will leave us with a gimmicky game, and while they did implement both front and rear touch throughout the levels to showcase the new capabilities, I never felt as if I was being beat over the head with it. In addition to the normal levels and challenge levels we've become familiar with in past games, you also gain access to an Arcade section with full fledged mini-games. Each of these minigames have a handful of levels that you progress through with some very fun gameplay (my favorite is Tapling). I would go deeper into the awesomeness that is the story of LBPV, but I don't want to spoil anything for you guys.
Next up is Create Mode. If you've already spent time in the LBP2 create mode, you'll be able to jump right in and get creating. However, I'd suggest spending sometime looking through all the Tweak and settings menus of the familiar tools, you may find exciting new additions to them (such as the wonderful new abilities that come with the Note). In addition to all these new tweaks, we've been given all new tools to work with. I'm sure everyone has heard about the Memorizer by now, and I believe it's going to allow creators to make bigger and better levels that were previously not feasible. For those who are looking to squeeze every last bit of thermo into their levels, you will love the dephysicalizer which allows you to remove the Physical properties of parts in your level which will reduce the thermo used.
Now I want to address those who are worried about taking the plunge into a handheld system. I'm pretty picky when it comes to handhelds and the Vita is the best handheld I've owned since the Sega GameGear; it's weight, size, and button placement give a very natural feeling while playing it. This comfortable feel combined with LBP captivating (and addictive) gameplay, you tend to forget you are playing on a handheld system. It no longer feels like handheld gaming, it just feels like gaming. And call me fanatical, but I believe LBPV is well worth the price of the Vita.
I loved these games from the PS3 and it's even better on the Vita, the game play, story, customization. everything is amazing and so much fun~
Hours of entertainment. And achievements to shoot for. Love this game so very much.
WARNING: the online pass (voucher included) was EXPIRED when I tried it. The error code returned when trying the code obviously didn't allude to this fact, instead being a random series of numbers and letters, but after contacting support, they were able to tell me the online pass expired on 9/01/2014 - a few days before I bought it.
I'm assuming the marvel super hero edition about to come out will have a valid voucher. So you may want to wait for that.
The game is not difficult, but is certainly challenging to get all of the goodies. The creation features are fun and I'm excited to explore my creativity with them (looks a little toned down from the console version, but I haven't messed around too much with either).
A definite buy for "hardcore" and "casual" gamers alike.
I haven't messed around with multiplayer aspects yet.
The best part about this game are the create tools. You can create touchable objects to use with the front or rear touchpads. You can also use the vita camera to take pictures for stickers. You can use the microphone to record sound effects or voice dialog. This is definitely a buy if you enjoyed the LBP games on PS3.