Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Live & Acoustic
Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon January 11, 2013
This is one of those times where, if you read the Amazon reviews of this little known acoustic CD of early Mraz... you're immediately convinced to buy and download.
There's a reason for that! Mraz' incredible insouciance and plays on words come thru the music effortlessly. You feel the joy in his performance, whether you're partial to one of the songs he became known for for radio play... (You and I Both, Unfold) or something more eclectic and more elusive. My personal favorite is Jason's version of "At Last", a classic song that became almost too well known at Inaugural time in 2009. In true form, Mraz mixes it with an island-sounding ditty, "Sleep All Day".

Acoustic Jason allows you to truly focus on the words from a lyrical master. There is no question you will feel like you were there the night this concert took place at a coffeehouse in California. Almost 12 years later, Mraz is still refreshing, but there is not one ounce of jaded arena tour in these performances. A real artist, my favorite album of his.
on January 5, 2010
If you only know the Jason Mraz of recent years, then you don't know the real Jason. This is his early work, and demonstrates how very long he's been GOOD. And exactly why he became a sensation.

However, if you're only familiar with his more recent work, you may be surprised by this album. It's not the Jason of today, the Jason who fills concert halls and rocks the house with a full band.

Picture yourself in a small coffee house, with a smattering of appreciative listeners. Picture yourself sipping coffee or a glass of wine, a few feet from Jason. He's sitting on a stool with his acoustic guitar, Toca next to him. The two of them are in perfect sinc as they mesmerize you with their unbelievable talent.

In this venue, Jason fully demonstrates his incredible talent for scat singing. You will be thoroughly amazed that a human voice can do what his does. He has the perfect instrument, God-given. "Common Pleasure" will blow you away.

If that's the kind of mood you're in... a rather mellow one... and you want a completely pleasurable listening experience... then buy this. We all need the occasional "down time" from listening to rap, rock, and hip hop.

This fits the bill, perfectly. It's a gem of an album.
on February 20, 2008
The best Mraz I have yet heard (and it's all good) - and I can't stop listening to it. I play it dawn to dusk, truly - it's brilliant. There's no fancy production or multitudes of screaming fans, just enough people clapping to remind you you're not the only one hearing it (because you will forget), and clean clear grooving awesome sound, that's at once intimate and encompassing. The songs flow and ebb and mix together and distill again - it's really amazing how unscripted yet tight this recording sounds. And Mr. A-Z himself is having so much fun - I get some of his 'happy' just listening to him play and interact with Toca & the crowd. At one point he goes into "Our House", and I've heard it about thirty times but I still laugh and wish I were there. For those of us who aren't anywhere near his tour circuit this album is the next best thing to experiencing a show. Buy the CD -- if you love Mraz, you'll love this show.

[...]
on April 17, 2017
Eclectic mix of styles... not what I thought I was going to hear. Just took a chance because I liked the song that always played on the local radio station. I think it's Jason Mraz trying to find his music identity.
on November 9, 2006
I've been a Mraz fan for quite some time, but when "Mr. A to Z" came out, I was disappointed becuase I didn't think the album showcased his true vocal and muscial talent - "Live at Java Joes" does and will not disappoint! This CD bring brings you back to the beginning of his career (before he hit it big with "Waiting for My Rocket to Come") and is beautifully laced with both haunting melodies, such as "Halfway Home", and teasing excerpts of what were destined to be Mraz signature classics. If you love live performances, I would also highly recommend his CD/DVD Combo "Tonight, Not Again, Jason Mraz Live at the Eagles Ballroom" and his live performance on "Austin City Limits" in October 2003. You'll be floored!
on January 9, 2018
I love this guy! I love pretty much everything he records. I buy pretty much all his music! He's funny, down to earth and just an awesome person! He sings good too! This album is one of my favorites!
on August 28, 2013
I was looking for a album that would provide me with a great mix of music and some really good lyrics. If you need a good song to relate to listen to You & I Both. Most likely my favorite song on the entire album. It also provides some hidden means in some songs, one example is "Conversation with myself" Its actually about something else if you listen closely. ;)
on June 1, 2011
You have no idea how happy I was to find this album available on Amazon. I bought this CD in April 2002 at a Mraz show at the now defunct Quest Club in Minneapolis. It came in a slimline jewel case, with a simple paper insert, on a recordable disc. Sadly, one day in 2003, all the CDs I had owned up to that point were stolen. This album was the hardest to replace because I couldn't just go back to the store and buy it. After a few years, I kind of forgot about it.

Now a random Amazon search later I am the proud owner of not only a considerably nostalgic album, but one that is as good as I remember it being when I played it constantly through the paper cones of the factory CD stereo in my awesomely teal 1993 Grand Prix. I'm very glad that it was available to download as well...now I can put it back onto a recordable CD just like I remember it!

I don't really care if this is helpful to anyone, I just wanted to thank Amazon for making my day!
on December 16, 2008
I didn't know how much I would love Jason Mraz till I got this download as the deal of the day. I only knew the songs that I've heard on the radio, but thought I'd give this one a shot. I finally listened to it today and can only say WOW! This guy has an incredible voice and this is really fun cd! I will be downloading more of his stuff now that I know how much I love him! Really enjoyable!
on September 6, 2012
Jason Mraz is an amazing artist. His voice is definitely an instrument and this acoustic album showcases that instrument nicely. This is classic Mraz. Scatting, laughing, singing, and ripping my heart out with every verse. I am so glad I went back and bought this album. I was disappointed with the LOVE is a Four Letter Word album and this is just what I needed. I hope Jason can return to his roots because this album, this album here, is where it's at. There is passion in his songs and to hear them acoustically is not to be missed.