Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 60 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 78 reviews
on July 17, 2017
“Live at Paradiso” recorded on 2004 and released on 2005 is a super live album worth talking about. The album was recorded in Amsterdam, Netherland where Beth has a heavy cult of followers. Beth blasted the roof out of this hall.

Beth Hart is a leading female Blues Artist. She is a fabulous piano player. The interesting factor about Beth Hart is that mostly, she does everything on her record productions! She often does the:

Lyrics
Album Cover Design
Artwork
Painting

“Live at Paradiso” Album

This album is a well recorded live album. In this album, the band performed in this manner:

Beth Hart: Piano, Guitars, Vocals
Tom Lilly: Bass
Jon Nichols: Guitars
John Nyman: Drums

There are awesome hits in this album such as:

Broken and Ugly (Blues Rock)
Delicious Surprise (Heavy Blues)
LA Song (Slow Blues Pop)
Am I The One (Guitar Blues)
Get Your **** Together (Electric Blues)
Mama (Slow Blues)

“Live at Paradiso” is a live Blues album with spices of Blues Rock, Soul, Funk and Pop. In this album Beth Hart displays her full power of songwriting and music writing. This album is one of her best works.
on May 11, 2017
No doubt that Beth Hart is an amazing stylist. She can seamlessly change her voice from gravely rock to winsome crooning all in the same song. The only problem I have with this album is that it seems to be haphazardly edited. I know it's from a live show, but there are just jarring moments that are distracting. Two examples: 1. She inserts motherfu**er randomly during the performance, to no good point. 2. At the end of an emotional rendition, she says something like, "Oops, I think I broke the microphone stand!" Now I'm sure that happened in the live performance, but why is it on the CD? Completely broke the mood for me.
on July 2, 2017
I own her entire catalog at this point, there's not much I can say that I haven't said in other reviews. In my opinion she's an exceptional singer/songwriter with a turbulent past she's willing to give her audience a good long look at. Every album seems loaded with emotional catharsis. The production is outstanding. I've analyzed it in audacity to check out the compression and applied gain and most of it is exceptionally mixed and mastered. The cd's are packaged as well as you expect a cd to be.
on April 17, 2016
I own a lot of concert DVDS and I think this is my new favorite! I was mesmerized from the first song, all the way through until the last! I had goosebumps and tears in my eyes during a couple of the songs. I am shocked that Beth Hart isn't more popular here in the states.
on September 29, 2016
This girls pipes are unbelievable. When she sings "Am I the one" she not only sounds like Janis, she sounds better than Janis. I can't give higher praise than that.
on September 29, 2006
For those who feel Beth's voice is a little too subdued by the recording process on the studio albums - this is the answer. Beth is the best rock/blues singer on earth - hands down. Anyone who has seen her live can tell you. Beth is all about live.
This is a recording of a stunning 2004 show in Amsterdam. Beth takes the audience on a journey of blues, piano ballads and some a** kicking rock. The first time you hear her belt out a note your head will spin. The power of this artist's voice is unbelievable.
This cd contains songs from her first three studio albums as well as covers of Randy Newman's "Guilty" and Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love." She makes them her own and any Zeppelin fan would approve. Tracks "Am I the One" and "Immortal" from album of the same name are taken to a new level (or maybe a whole new universe) from the studio recordings. The track "Am I the One" is worth the price of admission.
The delivery on each song is so outstanding it is mind boggling that anyone could keep up that intensity for the entire show. Beth's gritty, growling, soaring vocals and palpable raw sexuality burst off the tracks. Another plus is some great guitar playing as well. Her band is terrific.
Turn up the volume - this one might blow out your windows.
The DVD Live at Paradiso is also a must have. The visual performance along with the audio is the total package. Plus there are more songs on the DVD.
on June 5, 2013
Beth Hart is absolutely amazing. This European concert shows the "out there" part of her persona. Even with the histrionics, though, it's her voice that's ultimately so amazing. Anyone can be wild onstage, but she's Janis Joplin wrapped around Billie Holiday. OBTW, you can watch this concert on YouTube, which is where I heard it first. You won't be sorry!
on November 7, 2015
Beth immerses herself into an uninhibited art. She is able to maintain a level of intensity without altering spot on talent. That she is invested personally in the connections made here is obvious. She is on a journey. I'm thankful for her honesty and transparency.
on August 27, 2017
This Woman is phenomenal!! This is an older concert of her early work.. but still completely Awesome. If you have never heard of Beth Hart...you are missing out.
on June 11, 2013
I love rock n roll, I love blues rock, and Beth Hart nailed it at this LIVE Concert. If you doubt me, check it out on You Tube. She energized the crowd and Left it ALL on the stage. She sang GREAT and with a tremendous selection of songs took it to the wall. I love her music but Man,,, This Live Disk is simply amazing. I am very happy to have taken the time to find this Live Concert. If you like Rock and you like Rock/Blues you will love this.