Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on May 9, 2014
I can't believe that Iris Johansen books just keep getting better and better. I so admire her endless ability to create stories and characters that stay with you long after the book is done. She created Catherine Ling many books ago - but this is the first story wherein Catherine is the star and she certainly shines bright! Catherine is a dynamic, damaged, dangerous, deadly, beautiful, bold, brash woman with a past that will haunt and intrigue you. Her main concern is to love and protect those closest to her and in this book she finally meets a man, Cameron, who is as mysterious and fascinating as she is and who also vows to keep those she loves safe from harm (never an easy task in a Johansen novel) and whose ultimate goal is have Catherine in his arms, in his bed, and in his life...a life outside the boundaries of society and what everyone else would consider "normal" because Cameron is so much more than that - that even "paranormal" doesn't accurately describe him and what he is capable of. When these two collide - everything is combustible and the sparks fly... leaving them and the reader begging for more! Can't wait for the next story of Catherine and Cameron and what lies ahead for both of them. Keep them coming Ms. Johansen because I'm here in beautiful, foggy San Francisco just waiting to pre-order your next tome.
on May 18, 2014
Live to See Tomorrow is the story of CIA assassin, Catherine Ling. A character that has shown up multiple times in the Eve Duncan books, Catherine is a child of the streets groomed from the age of fourteen by the C.I.A. When there is trouble, Ling is the one they call. This time a journalist has been kidnapped and is being tortured to find the "mythical" Shambhala. A madman wants the location of the place, the Guardian is tasked to keep people in line, and the journalist got caught between the two. Ling is sent in to find and rescue her.

From Hong Kong to the Himalayas to San Francisco, the story winds in and around Catherine as she fights to keep Erin safe, as well as her son and her mentor, Hu Chang. The unspeakable monster that held Erin captive will stop at nothing to gain the secrets he believes will make him all powerful so that he can achieve the goal of all mad men, ruling the world.

Iris Johansen gives a fast-paced story that engages and delivers action, intrigue, and sensuality. It is another book that I couldn't put down until I finished it.
on May 23, 2014
I'm on chapter 16 and have become extremely disappointed. After reading a prior book with Catherine Ling as a character, I was expecting a popping CIA spy thriller. When Ling rescued Erin without issue in the first few chapters, I thought that's too quick. Surely they are going to get caught again. However, the next few chapters took a dive into erotica and bedroom gymnastics with a little sci-fi mental telepathy thrown in for a cutesy overtone. Not to mention the who's in charge wrestling match between Catherine and Cameron. Wait, aren't you supposed to be professionals...get the job done. What's with the detour into sex-rots-my-brain shenanigans. We do still have the rich psychotic want-a-be despot and crew trying to re-capture Erin but now Ling is of more interest. Ah well, maybe the rest of the book will lose the sex drama and get back to mayhem.
on May 18, 2017
I am currently reading this one and have a hard time putting it down to do anything else! Much to my husband's dismay! LOL
on December 17, 2014
I have loved all of the Iris Johansen novels I've read, and this one was no different! As an educator, I truly enjoy the fact that her characters are 'fleshed out' and seem very human, although maybe more so at times. They have the same emotions as most people, but have honed certain skills to make them leaders in their field.

I enjoyed meeting Cameron, 'The Guardian' and look forward to seeing him again in the next Catherine Ling book, which I hope will be out soon. I would not hesitate to recommend this book to fans of Iris Johansen, although I do think they will enjoy it more if they get to 'meet' Catherine Ling in the previous two books first. That way they will understand her motives more fully.
on May 18, 2014
I'm usually a big fan of these characters by Iris Johansen, but in this instance I was very disappointed to see such a decline in plot development. I don't write reviews, but after reading this book I had to. It's what happens when an author writes too many stories, perhaps a longer wait time before her next book b/c this one is just a waste of $12. There were so many plot additions up until the end of the book that the actual 'mystery' part of the book got lost. Usually the author's quite good at interweaving a building suspense plot while still giving some personal character development, but that was completely overlooked in this book. I hope the author waits before releasing her next book because if the next one doesn't get better I'll likely stop reading her books.
on May 14, 2014
I love Iris Johansen. Her books make me feel the events are real and that I am there watching it all. However I am not sure Cameron is believable. Catherine deserves a man she can love and that loves her without trying to change her. Hopefully she will find normalcy for herself and for Luke. But then she lives only in novels, doesn't she?
on February 3, 2015
I understood her in the first books with Eve, but now it is so unsettling to the plot line. You almost want to slap her. I had to skip a lot of those poo arts of the book. I also d o not understand how the author makes sex so close to rape. She mentions the two together more than a few times in the Eve Duncan books and it a major plotline here. I do hAve to say I generally can get past it but this book was ruined by the major character being such a bitch. The enemy was stupid and could have been dealt with easily. (Which he was) bases on this book I would not pay to read another book in this new serious.
on April 2, 2015
Always enjoy Iris Johansen novels and this one was no exception. Good suspense, not a lot of detailed sexual situations though there was sexual tension throughout this novel. It definitely helps if you have read the previous books w/ Catherine Ling. I find Catherine a little less believable than Johansen's other characters, but it is kind of fun to read about this "superwoman's" adventures. As usual had trouble putting it down and it definitely kept me entertained. Seems like the new character, The Guardian, will have repeat appearances in future novels.
on June 2, 2014
Strange to hear about the people who have been so important in Johansen's previous books without them taking part in the action. Of course there has to be a new love interest to replace Joe Gallo . Reading this books is like walking in you old home after the movers have gone. The rooms are familiar but curiously devoid of life. How many mad men determined on creating their own little isolated kingdom, can one author create without having the creations sort of blend together? The same is true for the amazingly sympathetic men with special talents, including psychic ones can be counted on to assist and support the heroine? Nice well written mystery but we've heard it before,