|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $2.00 (20%)
Disney Book Group
Price set by seller.
Lives We Lost, The (Volume 2) (Fallen World Trilogy, The) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 288 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $3.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
|Age Level: 12 - 18|
|Grade Level: 7 - 12|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
One thing I really loved about this novel was that it is a journey story. It's an excellent follow-up to the more stationary beginning of the trilogy because now Kaelyn and her group of friends are on the move across a mainland ravaged by the same virus that struck their island. The constant movement meant things were constantly changing and new problems were arising, which kept the excitement level up all the way along.
The atmosphere of this novel was extremely well done. There is a major sense of emptiness and desolation both on the island and across the mainland, which served to heighten the feeling of danger when it arose. There was also a lot of tension in this instalment of the series, especially with the introduction of a new character who clearly doesn't think before he acts and risks their lives on more than one occasion.
Speaking of characters, it was great to finally see Leo in person as opposed to just hearing about him through Kaelyn. I also really enjoyed seeing his relationship with Kae for the first time, even when they struggled with where they stand with one another. It was great development for the story. Kaelyn was, as in the first novel, brave, strong and determined, which makes her a fantastic leader for the group. It was also great to continue having Gav around though, especially when Kaelyn loses her head. Gav is a wonderful guy, but he frustrated me on occasion because he was just so darn selfless. It's a great quality for him to have, especially in the kind of world they're now faced with, but the boy needs a stronger sense of self-preservation!
All in all I loved the direction the storyline went in The Lives We Lost, and I appreciated how the environment and situations really tested the group so we get to see more of their character. It was an excellent example of how to avoid an underwhelming middle book in a trilogy.
The Lives We Lost starts off right where TWWF ended. Kaelyn and her handful of friends (and her cousin) from the island that have survived the virus has also torn across the country, and probably the entire world. She finds her dad's key to the research center and discovers a vaccine he was in the process of testing when he was killed. Since there is only one doctor on the island and she is unable to test and duplicate the virus, Kaelyn and her friends decide to leave the island in search of a doctor who can help her replicate the virus. They encounter many horrific situations along the way and the worse it got, the more I found myself cheering them on and hoping that they would find the person that could help them.
Kaelyn is one of my favorite heroines. She is not naturally an outgoing person, but she is caring, selfless, and brave even when she is afraid. I have read so many books with wimpy, whiny female main characters lately so Kaelyn was an absolute breath of fresh air. She has been through so much and never gave up, not when she felt she could possibly help others out.
I waited until The Lives We Lost were out to read The Way We Fall so that I could read straight through to the second book, but now I have to wait almost a year until the third book is out! I am so bummed, I can't wait to read the third installment of this series! I would recommend this series to everyone. :)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Wow. I thought I reviewed this already! Must've been in my head.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Action & Adventure
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Family Life > New Experiences
- Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Science Fiction
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Survival Stories
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > New Experiences
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Romance > Science Fiction & Dystopian
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Action & Adventure > Survival Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Family Life > New Experiences
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Science Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Survival Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > New Experience
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Romance > Science Fiction & Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Social Issues