- Paperback: 633 pages
- Publisher: Houghton Mifflin; 1 edition (July 20, 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0395970520
- ISBN-13: 978-0395970522
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 0.9 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 5 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #203,174 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Lives and Voices: Sources in European Women's History 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
1. The Ancient Mediterranean and West Asia (2300 B.C.E.-500 B.C.E.) Women in Creation Accounts Women's Religious and Spiritual Activities Marriage and Family Life 2. The Greek World (600 B.C.E.-200 C.E.) The State and the Household in Classical Athens Religious Life and Rituals Medical and Anatomical Ideas 3. The Roman World (Fifth Century B.C.E- Sixth Century C.E.) Women's Legal Position Idealized Wives and Mothers Christianity 4. The Early and High Middle Ages (Fifth-Fourteenth Centuries) Marriage and the Household Economy Exceptional Women Ideas About Women 5. The Late Middle Ages and the Renaissance (Fourteenth-Sixtheenth Centuries) Religion and Family The Household Economy Women's Nature and Education in the Renaissance 6. Early Modern Social and Economic Developments (1500-1750) Marriage and Family Life Control of Women's Tongues and Bodies Work 7. Early Modern Religious and Intellectual Developments (1500-1800) The Protestant and Catholic Reformations Witchcraft Women's Rule and Rights The Enlightenment 8. The French Revolution, Industrialization, and Midcentury Working-Class Movements The French Revolution The Napoleonic Code and Utopian Socialist Critiques of Marriage and the Family Women and Industrialization Women and Midcentury Movements for Democratic and Economic Rights 9. Women and the Development of Bourgeois Society, Politics, and Culture National Democratic Struggles Philanthropy, Charity, and Social Reform Women and Colonialism Women Artists and Bourgeois Culture 10. The Development of Bourgeois and Working-Class Feminism New Careers in Medicine and Science Critiques of Marriage, Sexual Norms, and Women's Fashion Mass, Socialist Parties, Trade Unions, and Protective Legislation Suffrage Movements on the Eve of World War I 11. World War I and the Russian Revolution World War I and the Homefront The Russian Revolutions of 1905 and 1917 12. The Interwar Period The German Revolution and the Weimar Republic Women and Modernism in the Interwar Period Women and Soviet Socialist Construction The Great Depression Women and Fascist Leagues in France 13. Women and Fascism, World War II, and the Holocaust Fascist Family, Work, and Racial Policies Interwar Debates on War and Peace Women and the Holocaust Women and the Resistance The Homefront in Britain and the Soviet Union 14. Women and Postwar Europe, 1945-1980 Family Allowances ct and the British Welfare State Women and the Algerian War Women's Movements of the 1960s and 1970s in Western Europe 15. The 1980s to the Present The End of Postwar Consensus Peace and Ecology Movements Women in Eastern Europe Women and the New Multicultural Europe Women and the War in Bosnia Women and the United Nations
About the Author
Merry Wiesner-Hanks (Chair, Department of History, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee) received her Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin, Madison in 1979. She has published WORKING WOMEN IN RENAISSANCE GERMANY (Rutgers, 1986) as well as numerous articles on women and the Reformation and urban social history. She is co-author of DISCOVERING THE GLOBAL PAST (2012), DISCOVERING THE WESTERN PAST (2008), DISCOVERING THE MEDIEVAL PAST (2003), DISCOVERING THE ANCIENT PAST (2005), DISCOVERING THE TWENTIETH-CENTURY WORLD (2005), and BECOMING VISIBLE: WOMEN IN EUROPEAN HISTORY (1998). She is also the General Editor of the PROBLEMS IN EUROPEAN CIVILIZATION series.