Livescribe 2 GB Pulse Smartpen
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Captures over 200 hours of recorded audio or 32,000 pages of notes. (Actual available recording time varies by audio quality setting)
- Instantly play back your recorded audio by tapping on your notes to listen to the information you captured
- Share your recordings and notes with anyone privately or publicly with 500MB of free online storage for your recorded audio or notes
- USB connector to transfer notes and audio to your Mac or PC
- Audio jack and 3-D Recording Headset for far-field recording
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
This item Livescribe 2 GB Pulse Smartpen
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Ultimate Electronics||Amazon.com|
|Color||Black, Silver||Black||Mixed||Matte Black||Titan Black||Black|
|Item Dimensions||0.75 x 0.75 x 6.25 in||2.5 x 8.5 x 6.8 in||11.13 x 10.25 x 2 in||1.63 x 6.25 x 9.31 in||0.43 x 6.14 x 0.43 in||8.5 x 5.63 x 1 in|
Capture Everything - The Pulse smartpen records audio and links it what you write. Missed something? Tap on your notes or drawings with the tip of your Pulse smartpen to hear what was said while you were writing.<br/><br/> No Need to Lug the Laptop - The Pulse smartpen automatically captures everything as you write and draw. Transfer your notes to your computer, organize them, and even search for words within your notes. Find what you want in seconds.<br/><br/> Share Your Notes - Transform your notes and audio into interactive movies. Upload your creations online for everyone to see, hear and play.<br/><br/> What You Get<br/> • The Pulse smartpen (1.3 ounces, anodized aluminum housing)<br/> • 2 GB of memory (actual user available memory will be less)<br/> • Livescribe Desktop software (download)<br/> • 3-D Recording Headset<br/> • 50 sheet dot paper lined notebook<br/> • USB mobile charging cradle<br/> • Smartpen case<br/> • 1 black fine point ink cartridge<br/> • Interactive Getting Started Guide<br/> • Tips & Tricks Guide<br/><br/> What You Need<br/> • Windows XP™ 32-bit SP2 or higher, Windows Vista™ 32 or 64-bit operating system, or Intel Mac with Mac OS X 10.5.5 or newer <br/> • 600MHz CPU or higher<br/> • 300 MB minimum free disk space<br/> • Available USB port<br/> • Internet connection<br/><br/> The Pulse smartpen works only with Livescribe dot paper.
From the Manufacturer
Taking notes and getting it right has never been easier at work or in class. The Pulse™ smartpen from Livescribe™ records everything you hear, say and write, while linking your audio recordings to your notes. Later, just tap your handwritten notes to play back what was said at that point in time. Spend less time writing and more time listening, knowing that you’ll find what you need when you need it.
tablet, or smartphone.
Easy Access to Your Audio & Notes
Ideal for meetings, conferences, or classes, this compact and light productivity tool is as easy to carry as traditional pen-and-paper, but smarter. Replay your audio recordings any time, anywhere, with a quick tap on your notes or drawings.
2GB of Memory: Room to Store Recordings, Notes, and Applications
Whether you're digitizing your notes and audio, or adding additional smartpen apps you'll need storage space; with 2GB of memory, your smartpen has plenty to get going right out of the box. An 2GB smartpen can hold over 200 hours of audio*, thousands of pages of notes, or dozens of applications.
Save, Organize, and Search
Using the free Livescribe™ Desktop software, you can easily upload, save and play back your interactive notes and audio recordings from your PC or Mac. Use the search window to find specific words or phrases — Livescribe Desktop will highlight every place you wrote them in your notes. You can also organize your digital notes simply by dragging and dropping pages in to custom notebooks, or export them into other applications like Evernote®.
Send and Share Your Notes Easily
Share your notes or recordings publically or privately as a PDF, audio file, or a pencast. Send them with email, embed them in a webpage, or post them directly on Facebook. You can also access pencasts on your other mobile devices through the Livescribe Community or with our free Pencast Player app.
Included Smartpen Applications
Your Pulse smartpen comes loaded with applications ready to work right out of the box:
- Nav Plus: a 5-way navigation and menu system for scrolling through menu options
- Quick Record: record audio without using dot paper with just a press of a button
- Quick Calc: Write an addition, subtraction, multiplication or division problem on dot paper and get the answer on your smartpen screen
- Launch Line: launch your favorite app by writing it's name
- Password: protect your recorded paper replay sessions with a 4-digit number
- Smartpen Name: personalize your smartpen and set it apart from other smartpens
- System Utilities: multiple language support, time, date, storage info, and battery charge
Customize Your Smartpen with More Apps
The possibilities for expanding your smartpen's functionality are endless with a variety of free and paid applications.
Enhance your productivity and learning with the American Heritage® English Dictionary or the American Heritage® Spanish Dictionary. Transcribe your handwritten notes into editable text by adding the MyScript for Livescribe app. Learn travel phrases in a foreign language. Get help studying geometry, organic chemistry, or guitar chords. Play games like Blackjack, Hangman, or Sudoku.
Livescribe Dot Paper
Livescribe dot paper uses regular paper printed with a unique pattern of tiny microdots. This tiny pattern works a lot like a GPS system for your smartpen. It allows a smartpen to capture everything it writes or draws on dot paper.
Livescribe smartpens only work with Livescribe Dot Paper, so we've created a variety of dot paper sizes and types: College-ruled Notebooks, Lined Journals, Blank Journals, Mini Journals, A5-sized Notebooks, Flip Notepads, and Sticky Notes. You can even print your own dot paper for free from within Livescribe Desktop on many printers.
What You Get
- The Pulse smartpen (1.3 ounces, anodized aluminum housing)
- 2 GB of memory (actual user available memory will be less)
- Livescribe Desktop software (download)
- 3-D Recording Headset
- Starter dot paper notebook
- USB mobile charging cradle
- Protective soft smartpen case
- Interactive Getting Started Guide
- 2 ink cartridges
What You Need: System Requirements
- Windows XP® 32-bit SP2 or higher, or Windows Vista® 32 or 64-bit, or Windows 7
- Intel Mac with Mac OS X® 10.5.5 or newer
- 600MHz CPU or higher
- 300 MB minimum free disk space
- Available USB port
- Internet connection
Livescribe smartpens work only with Livescribe dot paper.
*Actual recording time varies by audio quality setting.
Top customer reviews
1. There is no pocket clip, cap, or other non-cylindrical part that prevents the pen from rolling off the table when you set it down
2. Pen is very fat-- feels like you are writing with a magic marker and calls undue attention (although when I explain what it is people are AMAZED)
3. Failed to upload the voice recording once... and I have heard some other stories of this occurring. Software is probably a bit buggy (but has worked 90% of the time for me) Thankfully the voice recording was still in the pen.
Overall I'm very happy with the product, even though it means I have to buy their special paper!
Features I would like to see on future pens include better battery monitoring (currently, the meter is a little inaccurate), ink level monitoring and a small, compact tool for removing spent ink cartridges. Also, it would be nice if I could charge the pen with something more common like micro USB rather than the proprietary dock.
The ease of use is amazing and surprised me. I use it primarily for meetings, but also to do my safety audits at work. The pen allows me to do my audits writing the issues I see along with a audio record of the issues at hand.
My favorite part and what surprised me the most was being able to upload them on to the computer and send them out to my employees to get issues corrected. that and everyone else in the office wants one now.
I've never had it fail. It always picks up everything I write. I think this could be a really valuable tool for anyone in college. It's a little bit of a touchy item in a corporate setting because people don't usually want to be recorded.
You don't have to record audio though. You can just start writing on your note pad and it will record what you write without audio.
People complain about needing to purchase paper but it's not really that expensive. If you're really concerned about that, livescribe lets you download "dot paper" from their website that you can print on your home printer which works exactly like their pre-printed dot paper.
I just bought one for my Father and I'm planning on getting at least 2 more as gifts for Christmas.
I only have one gripe but it doesn't detract from my 5 star rating. I wish it came bundled with the software that turned your handwriting into type. You can purchase it for an additional $30 which isn't that bad, and some versions of this pen come with it bundled so shop around.