|Standing screen display size||5 Inches|
Livescribe 3 smartpen Black Edition (APX-00020)
|Batteries||1 Lithium Polymer batteries required. (included)|
|Item Weight||0.13 Pounds|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Connects to your iOS and Android devices via Bluetooth Smart (Low Energy) to sync everything you write or draw to the free Live scribe+ app
- The quickest, simplest way to bring valuable information from paper onto your tablet and smartphone, where it becomes more useful
- Uses your smartphone or tablet's microphone to record audio that's synchronized to everything you write on paper and camera is high speed infrared camera
- Once your notes are in the Live scribe+ mobile app, you can organize, tag, play back audio and send/share notes to any of the devices you use
- Search your handwritten notes and convert what you write into digital text with amazing accuracy.2 hours of full charge will let you keep writing with Livescribe 3 for 14 hours
- Built-in memory on the smartpen captures and stores your notes, allowing you to sync to up to 4 iOS and Android devices
There is a newer model of this item:
Only 5 left in stock - order soon.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also viewed these products
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Livescribe 3 Smartpen Black Edition
With the Livescribe 3 smartpen and the Livescribe+ mobile app, simply write on paper and watch it instantly appear on your tablet or smartphone. Your notes become infinitely more useful when they are tagged, organized, searchable, or even converted to text. Easily add recorded audio that's synced with your handwriting so you can relive important moments. Quickly share notes and ideas with friends, colleagues, and peers—all with just a few quick taps of your finger.
The Livescribe 3 smarten Black Edition features a sleek, matte-black finish complemented by a glass-reinforced clip and a smooth writing experience that feels luxurious and effortless. Along with the free Livescribe + mobile app (for iOS and Android), you will also get a 5-inch X 8-inch Starter Notepad, an ink cartridge, a capacitive stylus cap and micros-USB charging cable.
How It Works
The Livescribe 3 smartpen is designed with the meticulous attention-to-detail that a premium writing instrument deserves. From the integrated stylus cap, down to the Swiss-made tungsten-carbide ballpoint ink cartridge, we've paid close attention to deliver an experience that is worthy of the title of your new favorite pen. But it is the amazing amount of technology packed inside the Livescribe 3 that really delivers the magic. Once you twist the ring to extend the ink cartridge, everything you write is captured by the infrared camera on the pen and stored on the smartpen’s built-in memory. Simply connect your smartpen to your iOS or Android device and watch as all your notes are synced to the Livescribe+ mobile app.
Livescribe+ is available on iOS8 or newer and Android KitKat (v4.4.2) or newer
Pencasts Help You Never Miss A Word
Using the microphones on your tablet or smartphone, create pencasts that record and synchronize audio to everything you write or sketch. Play back your pencasts to hear, see and relive notes as if you were back in your meeting or lecture so that you will never lose any important information.
Share your pencasts as PDF files, which can be easily played back on any of the devices you use every day, including Mac, Windows, Android or iOS.
Livescribe+ Mobile App
If you use Livescribe+ on more than one device, the built-in memory on your Livescribe 3 smartpen allows you to sync your notes seamlessly. Any Livescribe 3 can be paired with up to four different iOS or Android smartphones or tablets.
Available on iOS and Android, Livescribe+ is the companion to the Livescribe 3 smartpen that’s designed to quickly make your notes more useful. Livescribe+ makes it easy to integrate your notes with the rest of your mobile life:
- Create contacts, appointments and more from your handwritten notes
- Find what you need quickly with incredibly accurate handwriting search
- Convert your handwritten notes to text and use them in any doc or app
- Use easy sharing options to send notes to a variety of apps and services
- Record audio that synced to your handwriting
Bluetooth Smart — Quicker Pairing, Longer Battery Life
Livescribe 3 smartpen uses Bluetooth Smart technology to pair with compatible mobile devices to deliver more than 14 hours of continuous use between charges. Pairing is also much easier – just turn on the Livescribe 3 and accept the pairing request on your mobile device with a single tap. After that, your smartpen will pair automatically each time you launch the app.
The Livescribe 3 can pair and sync to up to four devices, switching seamlessly between iOS and Android. Synchronize your notes to your smartphone, tablet and other devices so you have them when and where you need them.
What You Get in the Box
- Livescribe 3 Black Edition smartpen
- 5” x 8” Starter Notepad (50 pages)
- Livescribe+ mobile app (iOS and/or Android)
- 1 Ink Cartridge
- 1 Capacitive stylus cap
- Basics Guide
- Micro USB cable
An inspirational classic to hold your brightest ideas
All Livescribe dot paper is printed with a unique pattern of tiny microdots that work with the infrared camera in the Livescribe 3 smartpen to allow it to capture the exact location of everything you write or draw. Controls and tags that are printed on Livescribe notebooks help the smartpen communicate with the Livescribe+ mobile app. You can choose from a variety of paper types, bindings, and sizes at competitive prices: blank, lined, or grid paper in spiral-bound notebooks, hardbound journals, notepads, and even sticky notes.
- Bluetooth Smart Ready (Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy) mobile device running:
- iOS 8 or newer: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4S or newer, iPad 3rd generation or newer, iPad mini, iPod touch 5th generation or newer
- Android KitKat (v4.4.2) or newer including Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 9, Samsung Galaxy S4 or newer, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 or newer, LG G3, HTC One and other select devices. Check Livescribe+ page on the Google Play store or Amazon App Store for specific details.
- USB power source for charging (computer or power adapter)
- Livescribe dot paper
Compare with similar items
Livescribe 2GB Echo Smartpen
Livescribe Aegir Smartpen, Black Professional Edition with Executive Notebook - Compatible with Windows, iOS or Android Devices Like Smartphones, Tablets and Computers
Moleskine Pen+ Ellipse Smart Writing Set Pen & Ruled Smart Notebook - Use with Moleskine Notes App for Digitally Storing Notes (Only Compatible with Moleskine Smart Notebooks)
Livescribe Aegir Smartpen, Dolphin Edition, Purple Color APX-00034
|Sold By||SpddyS LLC||Amazon.com||SpddyS LLC||Moleskine America, Inc.||antonline|
|Item Dimensions||6.25 x 1.63 x 9.31 inches||8.50 x 2.50 x 6.80 inches||6.35 x 8.85 x 1.55 inches||5.12 x 0.59 x 8.27 inches||7.40 x 1.10 x 3.74 inches|
With the Livescribe 3 smartpen and the Livescribe+ mobile app, simply write on paper and watch it instantly appear on your tablet or smartphone. Your notes become infinitely more useful when they are tagged, organized, searchable, or even converted to text. Easily add recorded audio that's synced with your handwriting so you can relive important moments. Quickly share notes and ideas with friends, colleagues, and peers-all with just a few quick taps of your finger.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
When I upgraded my Mac's operating system to Sierra this year the desktop software for Echo stopped working. Although Livescribe offers newer software for Echo I was concerned because the company is clearly investing in newer products like the Lifescribe 3 and I decided to retire the Echo and buy the Livescribe 3.
Despite the negative reviews I think the Livescribe 3 is a terrific time saver and productivity tool. It enables me to save all my handwritten notes to .pdf files. I often sketch out my ideas and with the Livescribe 3 I can easily copy and paste my sketches into articles and emails.
The other benefit that I wasn't expecting is the cursive handwriting recognition feature. You have the option to save your cursive handwritten notes to a text file and in the transcription process your written notes will be converted to typed text. The conversion is not perfect. You still need to proof and correct the text document. But I don't have particularly great handwriting and I was impressed by how good the transcriptions turn out. Saves me a lot of time.
Some people don't like the fact that the Livescribe requires special paper. As someone who is picky about paper I really like using Livescribe paper and wish it came in more sizes and templates. The paper is thick and feels great to write on. The paper is also marked in ways that makes it easy to track where you are and to use pen features by tapping on different symbols. Given the quality and functionality it's worth the price.
One thing the Livescribe 3 has that the Echo didn't is a pen clip and the ability to retract the pen tip. You can actually carry it like a normal pen. That was something that drove me nuts about the Echo: it was big and bulky, it had no clip, and I could end up with ink marks all over my purse. I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to find a decently priced holder to keep the Echo from getting lost. Problem solved with the Livescribe 3.
There are still a few things I wish this pen included:
1. I really liked the Echo apps created by 3rd party developers. I used a handwriting recognition app that worked even better than the native handwriting recognition in the LIvescribe 3. I know there were also developers creating custom templates and forms which I would use if I could with Livescribe 3.
2. As your notebooks get full it takes longer and longer for the notebooks to load in the mobile app. This was an issue with the Echo as well. It's possible my older Mac and iPhone are to blame: performance might be better with new products and more storage.
3. It also annoys me that the Livescribe software doesn't work with my older iPad.
4. I also wish Livescribe integrated with more productivity applications. Currently it works with Evernote and MS OneNote neither of which I use.
5. A small but enormously irritating issue is there is no option to transfer just the ink text and images to pdf format. This means any drawings or charts you create will include the lines or grid of your notebook paper. To get rid of the lines I can import the pdf into Photoshop and edit the document but it's time consuming. The Echo pen included the option to transfer ink without the background. It seems like such an easy adjustment to make because Adobe Postscript automatically separates every element on the document. I'm hoping this is something Livescribe can include in an update.
Still, when it comes to integrating ink writing with digital I think the Livescribe 3 is one of the best tools on the market. It saves me so much time and hassle it has already paid for itself many times over.
The build quality of the pen is lacking more than anything. The pen has a twist feature that is similar to a normal pen. It retracts the ink cartridge and operates the power at the same time. I found this to be an intelligent design choice. Unfortunately it is here that the pen literally falls apart when you are picking it up. I'm not even sure if glue could fix it, since it's intended to move in this joint. Glue could get into the wrong places and lock the pen in the on or off position.
Top reviews from other countries
It is quite easy to use. I record and take notes of interviews, and it links the audio with the notes, in a way I can touch the notes and listen to exactly what was being said at that point. It saves me much time from trying to find a specific point of the dialogue in regular audios which are not syncronized with the notes. I can also electronically edit the handwritten notes or the text version.
It is super easy to transform my handwritten notes to .txt and to send them by email and by other means, such as dropbox or even whatsapp. No complaints whatsoever, it has made my life sooo much easier.
Two downsides of it, maybe: (1) the app does not run in the computer, but only on the phone or tablet, which is a limitation; (2) the price of the notebooks and cartridges, which makes this gadget a bit expensive in the long run (even though the cartridges are relatively less expensive than the notebooks and last relatively longer).
All in all, I highly recommend it!!