Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 79 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 96 reviews
on July 30, 2012
Anyone who has picked up a "A Course in Miracles-Original Edition" [ACIM], perhaps just to find out what it is all about, realizes immediately how formidable it is. Just the size is enough to spark fear and trepidation. The TEXT of the original edition, published by Course in Miracles Society for example, is 617 pages. And that's just the TEXT. The WORKBOOK is 431 pages and the MANUAL FOR TEACHERS another 55 pages. Mercy be!

And if that weren't enough to deter the prospective student, after they have opened the book and have read a few sentences, they often remark how the words seem to be arranged in a very different syntax from the usual text book and they can't seem to make immediate sense of them. And so they quite possibly put the book down.

Today there many prospective students inquiring about this book called: "A Course in Miracles". And we also continue to hear of current students who are just not able to GROK it.

Well help is here! Jon Mundy PhD, one of the earliest Course students, has recently published a book titled, "Living A Course in Miracles: An Essential Guide to the Classic Text". Jon was actually introduced to the Course by the scribe Helen Schucman and co-scribe Bill Thetford a year before it was published and remained friends with both of them throughout their lives.

Living A Course in Miracles is one of the best answers to the request for a book that explains the principles of ACIM and their application in a way that can be understood and appreciated. Jon Mundy brings to his discussion of these life changing ideas decades of experience as a minister as well as 42 years experience as a University professor of Philosophy and Religion.

In PART I we find the BASIC TERMS and CONCEPTS; PART II is THE METAPHYSICS OF MIRACLES and PART III is LIVING THE COURSE IN MIRACLES: THE PRACTICAL APPLICATION.

When I began to read this book I started with "THE PRACTICAL APPLICATION" and then returned to the beginning and read PART I and II only to discover that the beginning material was just as apropos to its APPLICATION and equally as engaging.

For example, on page 44 of CHAPTER 5 in of PART I we have the section "STOP IT". Some of you may have seen the hilarious Bob Newhart episode STOP IT (video is on You Tube). Bob Newhart is a counselor who tells this women that he only charges $5 for the first five minutes and guarantees that it won't last the whole five minutes and he doesn't make change. He asks her to tell him about the problem that she wishes him to address. After she tells him her problem he tells her two words, "STOP IT". She says I can't and he replies, "We don't go there. Just Stop IT!" Each time she tries to blame it on anything outside of herself he just keeps telling her we don't go there. The solution is, quite simply: STOP IT!

Jon adds that "Correction is not, of course, always so instantaneous but the principle remains the same. Not until I realize that I have a choice and I decide to follow the Voice for God, can I indeed make that decision."

What brings his book truly alive is how Jon implements these Principles within the full tapestry of his life, using his full repertoire of knowledge and experience as context. The result is a heartfelt and richly expressed journey through the IDEAS of this incredible tome that will not only help you understand and implement "A Course in Miracles" but one which you will truly enjoy reading.
on January 6, 2015
If you are a student of the Course or you want to be, this is an excellent guide. Clearly written, covers the main ideas of the Course in a way that makes the reading of the Course so much better. Like many others, I have plodded along with the Course at times, being at best overwhelmed and at the least lost, by the different perspective it teaches. I have been greatly helped by the writing of Marianne Williamson and now Jon Mundy. Now reading the Course is a powerful experience where I know what is being said and why and am able to make instant application. The Course's teachings are life-changing and a very personal study that can cause deep internal shifts. If you are ready to do it, commit to it each day, and read Jon Mundy and Marianne Williamson, and you will be on your way. It will be well worth it!!
on August 21, 2015
The author is well know for his dedication to living A Course in Miracles and his interviews on you tube are most interesting, but I just couldn't get into this book. As a Course student I feel Jon Mundy comes highly recommended but I think the author's writing style didn't appeal to me. However, I wouldn't say don't buy it. A friend of mine liked it very much.
on May 27, 2015
A Treasure Key for unlocking A Course In Miracles. With Living A Course in Miracles, Jon Mundy gives very helpful insights and alternative wording for key ideas: One of my favorites goes with me always: something like this, "If on my brother's sins, I dwell, I seek to send us both to hell. If I forgive, I am set free, once again to know eternity." I am so Grateful he undertook this project, and while I don't grasp all the concepts yet, one day I will. This book plus "A New Age Guide to Peace and Happiness through A Course In Miracles" by Marlies a Marca have been basic for me and are always at my side.
on May 1, 2014
"A Course in Miracles" offers us a clear path out of the ego's prison-- our self-imposed exile from God. However, for me, the language frequently seems convoluted. Also, the vastness of the text doesn't always allow me, on a feeling level, to embrace its central themes (Forgiveness, Atonement, Conscious Union with God and Divine Will, indeed, our very Christhood) in a unified way.

Jon's book has helped bring into my life a more loving, unifying, feeling-level approach to "A Course in Miracles." With the inspirational guidance of "Living A Course in Miracles" and the writings of Eckhart Tolle, I am learning to surrender to the Will if God in the Eternal, Moment.

"Living A Course in Miracles" can help devotees get beyond their egos to a place of Christ Consciousness, where surrendering to God's will opens the door to Eternal, Conscious, Joyful Oneness.
on September 5, 2017
Wish it were available in Kindle form so I could adjust the font and text size.
on April 24, 2016
A little dry and technical for me. Other's may like it.
on June 8, 2016
This is an excellent companion Book to ACIM. It is well-written and easy to read; it is helping my journey through "A Course in Miracles" so much easier!
on July 18, 2017
Hellpful and inspiritng pointing out the key aspects of the Course.
on April 17, 2011
As a student of ACIM, I am always anxious to find sound secondary sources by credible authors. This met both criteria. Dr. Mundy's explanations and stories helped me understand several principles that I had had some difficulty understanding. His writing style was effective in that it combined both analysis and explanation of ACIM text combined with personal stories and anecdotes for illustration.