Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 219 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 228 reviews
on September 16, 2012
Living Language courses are great for introducing grammar and vocab. The exercises in the books are helpful for reinforcing what you read and listen to.
I own the Complete German and the Complete French courses and recommend them both. If you buy them though, make sure you purchase another workbook and some vocab building books also. The exercises in the books are good, but you'll need more to keep practicing. And, can you really ever have a big enough vocabulary?
on August 16, 2016
The audio is fantastic - but moves a bit quickly. Not many practical lessons in the accompanying book - so i'd say this is better for people with some prior knowledge of German or any second language. Still a fantastic find for the price and quality.
on September 27, 2013
My impressions after a few hours with this course:

This is an incredible value. I'm traveling to Germany in three months and have little free time so I had initially bought this with the intent of using the 9 audio CD's with my 45 minute commute every morning and evening but I can already see that the audio works best in tandem with book.

The pacing of the three text materials so far seems excellent. Though small, these things are loaded with activities, making this feel more like a self taught "class." They even throw in a Living Language notebook (sort of like a blank journal) to assist you in your studies, complete with that "new book" smell.
The audio is very clear and I enjoy the use of repetition, though I would like to note that the pacing of the audio is a little faster than that of the book and I find myself pausing frequently to complete activities.

All in all when compared to the outrageously expensive Rosetta Stone, or even the 300 dollar German college courses at my local university, this really appears to be a lot of bank for your buck!
on June 13, 2016
I was pretty disappointed. Maybe this is more of a 2 than a three for me. The workbooks are a word-for-word transcript of the recordings, with very few worksheets. And in the recordings, the people speak the words and phrases very quickly, so that it can be hard to figure out every single sound, and they don;t always repeat them, which is a real bummer in the car.
on May 3, 2016
I'm still working my way through the series but it has been really helpful. I am currently living in Germany so I can attest to the fact that this book is really helpful. One of my German friends looked it over too and also gave her approval. One of the things I really like is that it really focuses on verbs and how to conjugate them properly, which was something that the apps on my phone weren't really helpful with. The CDs go well with the program and then the games online or the app for your phone continue to reinforce what you are learning through the books. I don't know if I'll be fluent by the time I'm done but I should have a really good foundation to build on. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I haven't finished it yet.
on December 1, 2016
very clear and well explained!
on October 1, 2015
Arrived extremely fast! And just as described when purchased, the product was in pristine condition, "NEW" and very well packaged too. I began learning right away on the courses. Never have I come across a language learning course that is this good and this efficient. I give five stars for the speedy delivery, but moreover, to the product itself, for it is pure genius how the courses are strung together.
on August 30, 2016
I have spent a LOT of time with this. I'd rather read than use the tapes but that's just me, the tapes are fine. I just found it helpful to see the words. I keep going back to the beginning and then working out to where I last finished off. It's helped, have been thinking about going on to another step.
on September 27, 2016
I wish there were more writing exercises and that the online content was more meaningful.
on February 11, 2015
I used to be pretty fluent in German, but haven't used it in 30+ years. This is a great refresher for me, making me confident that I will be able to communicate decently when I visit Germany this spring. The audio format for teaching is great, and the books are helpful. UNFORTUNATELY, the CDs don't play in either of my cars, which is primarily when I planned to listen to them. (They work on my CD players in my computer CD drive, though.) This is FAR better than the Pinzler (sp?) German CD, which I found annoyingly slow-paced and over-repetitive (although maybe that would be good for a brand new German speaker).