- File Size: 2664 KB
- Print Length: 194 pages
- Publisher: Living Ready (December 5, 2013)
- Publication Date: December 5, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00I8WAGLK
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#164,031 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #21 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Medical eBooks > Allied Health Professions > Emergency Medical Services
- #117 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Sports > Outdoors & Nature > Hiking & Camping > Instructional
- #241 in Books > Medical Books > Allied Health Professions > Emergency Medical Services
|Digital List Price:||$12.99|
|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $4.52 (35%)
Living Ready Pocket Manual - First Aid: Fundamentals for Survival Kindle Edition
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
This book is laid out to allow the reader to easily find various topics and specific subject material in a very expedient manner. The first section after the "Introduction" discusses medical equipment and supplies for long-term storage and also for hiking or bug-out-bags. Other sections have in-depth descriptions of many medical conditions that one can expect to encounter at home or "out in the sticks". Additionally, The Survival Doctor frequently covers various options to deal with the specific problem at hand, to include the "pros" and "cons" of taking or not taking specific actions to solve the problem. Not only does he provide options, he frequently provides his educated opinion as to the probable outcome of using various options so that the reader can make a better-educated determination of which course of action to choose.
Frankly, I find this to be a very sophisticated and informative book, written in everyday layman terms, for medical emergencies that one could expect to encounter away from medical facilities. It measures about 5" x 7" x 1/2" and can easily fit into a cargo pocket or many 1st Aid kits. I highly recommend this book for novices and the experienced. I will probably purchase more so as to have one in each of my medical bags, kits, packs, and vehicles. It is certainly a book that others should consider buying..
Now that i had a chance to sit down and actually read the book, I believe this is a wonderful tool to have nearby or in your first aid kit. It covers many many topics. Along with the "typical" first aid measures, it also gives you alternative ideas in case you don't have the other stuff on hand. The book also shows pictures for many things, which I personally find very helpful.
I sat down to glance through the book and ended up reading the whole thing before I got back up.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Safety & First Aid
- Books > Medical Books > Allied Health Professions > Emergency Medical Services
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Hiking & Camping > Instructional
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Medical eBooks > Allied Health Professions > Emergency Medical Services
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoors & Nature > Hiking & Camping > Instructional