Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on May 12, 2007
I work with refugees here in the U.S. so I was particularly interested in listening to this group of musicians who formed a band while they were in refugee camp. The song "Living Like a Refugee" poetically describes some of the many feelings refugees have when they are uprooted from their homes and forced to flee to another country. Many of the refugees I am working with are from West Africa and they love hearing the music because they identify with the songs and they understand the ethnic languages used with the music. This is the first artistic and creative piece that I know about which has originated in a refugee camp and is now being listened to by ordinary people all over the world. I hope that the music will help all of us to understand that refugees are people just like us and that they deserve to be acknowledged and respected for the courage they demonstrate to the rest of the world, especially those of us in the U.S. who have no idea what it is like to "be a refugee".
on October 20, 2008
100% UPLIFTING!! 100% ROOTS AND CULTURE!! 100% POSITIVE VIBRATIONS!! 100% INSPIRATION!!
It's been awhile since i've heard sounds like these. In the world of commercial music today this album would be considered alien. In a time of such travesty these musicians came true and real and despite their situation they remained positive and through their music passed on their stories to the listener. These song's aren't about girls, money, or status, yet these tunes are more powerful than anything on the radio right now. If you put this album on right at this instance, you'd be tapping your feet to the beats and you'd feel the positive energy through your body. Like listening to Bob Marley and the Wailers messages of injustice, war, freedom, and love. 100% TRUE.
on October 8, 2012
I saw the documentary and I really wanted to support them so I ordered the CD and it is so good every song on there is great and it is really interesting how refugees who have suffered some of the harshest sufferings known to mankind can make such happy music I would definitely recommend this CD
on February 25, 2013
I heard this group live at the Black Swamp Arts Festival in Bowling Green, Ohio. Until then I had not heard of this band. They impressed me greatly with their lively and passionate music. This is a talented group with a compelling history.My wife and I love this album even more than Radio Salone, which is also a very good album. Great beat, uplifting lyrics, just wonderful music.
on September 3, 2013
Great simple music. Perfect, like Mozart. Shows the power of musicians and their ability to elevate us with music. Worth purchasing.
on February 15, 2008
Highly recommend this album. I saw them at the Hollywood Bowl last summer and just had to get their CD. They're songs tell a great story and their beats-a-rockin'! Big fan of Reggae and these guys did the genre justice!
on October 8, 2006
beyond the human interest story and incredible hardship these guys and others in their country suffered, the music is borne out of a real struggle. if you think about most great music, there was strife and difficulty around to create the inspiration...

the music is wonderful and uplifting - you won't be disappointed
on January 4, 2007
This CD is unlike any other! It was compiled and recorded in a Refugee Camp! the artists utilize multiple languages to relay their message of hope and strength! Support a band that has been through more than any other musicians!
on January 3, 2007
I love this CD. Whenever I play it my spirit soars. And to think that it was made by refugees makes it even more amazing. I tell my-Self if they can sing with joy than so can I!!!!
on January 18, 2007
Great CD filled with passion and emotion. Recommend to anyone. Smooth, relaxing vibes.