Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 12 reviews
on November 12, 2013
Living Spring (Florida Springs Trilogy)

Living Spring, the second book of the Florida Springs Trilogy, is an enjoyable novel for lovers of interesting characters, descriptive locations and real-life plot development. I enjoyed the main character, Jean Schaefer, who we briefly met in Book One, Sacred Spring.

Jean is a single mom who has bought one of Florida's hidden jewels, an 1800's home located near Living Spring. Jean's 4-year old daughter, Missy, is her whole life and Jean tries to build a new life with her in the rural setting.

As Jean "unwraps" the contents, closets and secrets of her new home, we learn the stories of those who lived in and loved the old house. Handmade quilts, antique furniture, filigreed lace, and delicate dinnerware are treated as speciality items as Jean prepares for her upcoming auction. She finds an old journal and realizes life's challenges are always among us, no matter what the year, and she finds comfort in the old writings.

She meets and hires Bess, to help her with the chores and childcare. Nick, Bess's son, becomes an instant friend, a peer and protector in Jean's life. Jean sees and appreciates his honesty and concern as she makes decisions for herself and her daughter. His job, as a Fish and Wildlife officer, introduces us to real-life conflicts of wildlife abuse and environmental disregard by others.

Jean is also "unwrapping" her personal and spiritual life as she settles into her daily life. She feels there is a possible reconciliation with Missy's father, Richard. He also lives in the area and Jean feels there is a future with him-a new beginning for them all. She sees a perfect family in her mind, but Richard's actions feel forced and unhealthy. She must decide to either turn loose of her self-made plans, or decide to let God unfold His new life for her. Her faith is challenged as her emotions try to take control.

I recommend you purchase Living Spring and enjoy the book as much as I did. You may even identify with Jean's story and her desire for God's best...a life-gift for all of us to be "unwrapped" new each day!
on October 22, 2013
Again, author Divoran Lites has produced an uplifting and enjoyable story.
If you read the first book of the sequel, Sacred Spring, expect to encounter more but better, as the writing technique is more fluid and professional, if that is possible.
Of course there is a bad guy, adequately stirring up controversy, but most of the characters are good people. They struggle with life's problems and the reader can identify with their interpersonal relationships and emotions.
Consider this book a "must read" for relief from all of the anger and violence out there.
Julia Garner
on April 26, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book - the second in Ms. Lites' trilogy. Since I live in Florida, it is quite easy to picture the events as she describes them, around the swamps and springs. She is so very good at creating word pictures, that they come to life as I read. The story is well written, with just a touch of the characters I came to know and love in her first book. I eagerly await the final story in this trilogy.
on August 19, 2015
too slow beginning. story didn't pick up til the last quarter. The ending was too quick. . .left one expecting much more.
on November 3, 2013
I have not finished this book yet but so far it iseems to be well written and edited. The main character is sooo naive but she has been in therapy for this so she is evolving as the story progresses. I am enjoying the bits of information about life in Florida.
on February 17, 2014
I truly enjoyed reading Living Spring. It was and interesting book that I had trouble stopping reading. I enjoy good clean books to read as there are so few these days. I hope there will be more !
on January 30, 2014
I could picture all the sights, smells, feelings and could imagine the places. Great descriptions. Looking forward to book 3.
on July 10, 2014
Being a Florida native I love books on Florida. But that was the only part of this book I liked. The author obviously has a 19th century attitude on women and thinks we are shallow! unforgiving of ourselves and just plain stupid! Jean was a disgrace to her gender, Richard a joke! What woman would have put up with him past him insisting on an abortion? Then expose her child to the beast? It made me want to gag! And she was suppose to know The Lord? My first & last book by this person!