Lyft Vehicles Review Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on April 29, 2017
Originally, I left a five-star review for this Lixit bottle. I am now amending my review to NEGATIVE. While using my bottle, I apparently pushed the stopper in too far... and now I CANNOT remove the stopper! The opening is TOO WIDE, so any of my current stoppers will not work. Lixit needs to go back to the older bottle design. This is just unaccetable, especially for those of us that have used these bottles for decades and have invested in bottles, stoppers and tubes, only to have all of them made obsolete. LIXIT, PLEASE GO BACK TO THE OLD DESIGN!!!!!
on August 18, 2016
Perfect replacement bottle for my existing holder. My goffin cockatoo Punkin (rest her little soul) was quite the shenigan puller. She managed to get out of every cage I ever had for her. She was on a mission to disassemble anything she saw. Even with bungee cords and a key lock on her cage this bottle was "freed" by the little magician. I found the prior bottle on the ground shattered, her keyed lock completely taken apart and her sitting innocently on her perch with the door CLOSED one day. Miss Punkin had a nice long life as far as I knew of her age as she was a rescue so now I have a Scarlet Macaw Merlin in this cage that has been put back together. This bottle fit nicely into the spot where the now shattered one once was. Let's hope Merlin doesn't choose to be a magician like his predecessor ;)

This is a very thick glass bottle, I am still not sure how she managed to get the last one to break!
on September 12, 2015
These are just like old milk bottles that everyone used to have laying around back when milk was sold in bottles.

Because I remember when people had these bottles just laying around the house after drinking all the milk, the price seems too high to me.

The bottle is an exact fit replacement for the lixit holder it was destined for.
on February 16, 2017
We have had these for years now and they are still going strong. Great product - excellent customer service. These are the best water system you can have for birds! Highly recommend.
on March 20, 2017
These are great bottles for watering our birds which include Macaws, Parrots, and Cockatiels.
on August 27, 2016
I found having spares for all the sizes I use helps with cleaning. Then again..if I am clumsy and break one..it is backup!
on August 29, 2007
We have had a lixit for our large parrot (macaw) for a long time. I dropped the glass bottle on our tile floor & it shattered. Sigh. I was so happy that I could just order a replacement instead of having to order it complete (gets a bit pricey!)

Nothing works better for our bird. The metal is strong enough that he can not bend it or get that little ball out & the glass is heavy duty that he can not chip it. Until they make a bottle out of some kind of heavy duty plastic, this is the best for distructive pets.

I also love this better then a dish of water as I know the bird always has a fresh supply. (he loves to put food in his water dish & it gets nasty pretty quickly that way)

Another benefit... We went on vacation for a week & when we returned the bottle was still 1/2 full. Our pet-sitter was not very familiar with birds so she was hesitant to reach in his cage ... thankfully she didn't have to!

If you have a large bird, this is a GREAT product!
on May 7, 2017
I love these bottles, they are easy to clean, and I find they stay cleaner longer. Buyer beware, you have to purchase the bracket separately.
on March 25, 2010
These are great, simply put. The only problem I have is a Macaw that's smarter than most people. She will get the bottle out of it's metal holding contraption and it drops onto the tile floor and breaks. She of course, gives me that "Did I Do That?" look, knowing good and well that she did. When she's done with hers, she hops over to my Umbrella Cockatoo's bottle and does the same to his. I replace them on a regular basis needless to say and have started securing them better with thick wiring in a fashion that can't hurt either bird! Oh, the joys of parrot adoption (second hand birds)! They make my life complete!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I was so happy to find the refill so that I did not have to spend twice as much. I use this for my Moluccan Cockatoo because he makes soup out of his regular water bowl. I was a bit worried at first, as the opening was a bit too wide for the previous rubber piece...I think they revised it since I purchased the other one many years ago. I had lots of parts, and one of the other rubber pieces fit just fine.