Oil month Automotive World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Country Heat PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Llama Llama and the Bully Goat
Format: Hardcover|Change

on July 18, 2017
I purchased this after our daughter had her first mishandled bully situation in prek. Yes prek bully's exist and I felt awful she was not prepared because I thought it was her first school experience it should be positive not filled with fears of being bullied and the teachers were there to protect the children. Now that she's been exposed we are preparing her for kndergarten. I thought reading stories would be a good way to help. This book gets right to the point of bully behavior and it's not okay to act tha way. It shows the potential of the bully becoming a kind person with redirection and boundaries set by the teacher. Unfortunately I know not completely realistic to rely on the teacher to help or for the bully to change like in this story by it's a good intro to discussing bully behavior. Overall I'm pleased with the product. Good start to introduce the word "bully" and examples of bully behavior in school.
on August 22, 2014
My son was having issues at school with pushing. I talked to him several times and thought that we had it worked out and then got a letter from the teacher 2 days later saying that it was still happening. Because my son loves to read and seems to retain messages from books with images better than a talking to from mom, I ordered several books on hitting/bullying for him.

This was by far the one that stuck in his head the most with a very clear message on how hitting others makes them feel. He even told me that he didn't want to be a bully goat and that he would stop and think before he used his hands to hurt someone else. The pushing stopped.

Of course, this isn't going to be the rule for everyone, but this is a cute book with a clear message that really helped us out. To be fair, this book really isn't about bullying as the Bully goat has one bad day at school where he is a jerk and mean to the other kids. Bullying to me is more than a bad day that gets magically resolved by one teacher and a stern talking to, but the book still has value.
on January 1, 2014
She is 4 1/2 so is beginning to experience the attitudes from schoolmates so the timing is great. After reading we discuss how she should behave as well as talk about other students. Her school as a color-code posted to each child's name that parents can see: Blue (excellent student and class helper), Green (very good student - good listener), Yellow (Good student - required special attention for behavior), and Red (Required extra attention from teachers today); we talk about the differences and what action(s) caused the student to be on Yellow and Red. The book just allows us to open dialogue about behavior (including her own). No red so far but it's never too early!
on May 16, 2016
My granddaughters favorite books are the llama series books. She has just about all of them. She needed this book to complete her collection. We have read it so many times since we received it. It is a great read and she can relate to it so well. The lesson in this book has taken hold and we often reference it in our lives. Must own.
on January 2, 2017
My grandchildren love the Llama Llama books! We are so sad that Anna Dewdney is no longer with us to produce more of these books as she truly understood young children's love of rhyming words! Each book has a lesson to learn in a fun way for children - I recommend these for 3 to 8 or 9 year old youngsters. Of course, adults enjoy them too!
on November 6, 2016
My granddaughter loves this book we have read it over and over together. The rhyming text, and everyday lesson written so that young children understanding the consequences of bullying. In addition, my uncle granddaughter, after we read several times together watered to read a line after I read a line. This is so great for emergent readers. She was not yet Kindergarten. Anna Dewdney provided great children's early reading books.
on November 15, 2015
LOVE LOVE LOVE this book!!!! This book offers a great lesson on bullying in a fun and entertaining way.

This book has helped our daughter learn that bullying is wrong and not only the obvious lesson there but they also speak a lesson of forgiveness when our main corrector "llama llama" forgives his bully.

I have probably read this book to my daughter enough times for her to have it memorized much less me!
on January 15, 2017
Dewdney is one of our fave authors and we love ALL of her Llama llama books. This book is especially good as it takes on the difficult subject of a kid being mean, unkind to you. It has been great with all of our kids even our 2 year old. She handled a difficult subject with humor and great advice.
on June 7, 2017
it is a great book for a toddler. It mentions rules during the circle time, sharing, take turns, play nice etc, all concepts we want our toddlers to know and follow.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Anna Dewdney delivers another Masterpiece in her bestselling Llama Llama children's series. This fun-filled story teaches children different situations they will be confronted with, and how to handle and combat bullying, through the experience that Llama Llama endured. As Llama Llama makes lots of new friends in school, he also has to deal with being teased from Gilroy Goat. At first, Llama llama didn't know what to do, but he learned how to handle bulling, in order to resolve the problem. Can Llama Llama and Gilroy become friends once again, after what Llama Llama experienced? The author highlights friendship, social skills, and bullies. The story is intriguing, and the colorful illustrations come to life. Children will love this new installment to the Llama Llama series. I know several children who love this series, and I will be gifting this book for the holidays. Highly recommended for young children, teachers, parents, and child-care providers!