DDEV-Local is a revolutionary tool for local web development. It's much better than WAMP, MAMP and other tools you've used in the past.
DDEV-Local is an open-source local development environment for PHP-based projects. It provides a robust and flexible local development setup for platforms such as Drupal, WordPress, and TYPO3.Key FeaturesUp-to-Date:
Constantly updated, the material in Local Web Development With DDEV Explained is always current.Clear instruction:
You will follow plain English, clear visuals and enjoyable step-by-step instructions.What You'll Learn
Mike teaches Drupal and professional web development. During those classes, he teaches students how to set up and use a local development environment for their projects. Until last year, he based those lessons on an old-school, all-in-one AMP stack.
However, those old stacks, such as WAMP and MAMP, are increasingly incompatible with modern web development techniques.
Mike spent about a year looking for an alternative. During his search, one tool rose to the top: DDEV-Local. Mike fell in love with using this new tool. He updated his training classes to use DDEV-Local and hasn't looked back since.
DDEV-Local uses Docker, a tool that allows developers to package up services in containers. The power behind Docker is that it provides a hardware-independent way of running containers, so that you can run any Docker container on any hardware that supports Docker. In a typical DDEV-Local scenario, there is a web server container, a database server container, and a database administration container. DDEV-Local provides you with reliable Docker containers and removes some of Docker's complexities.
All-in-all, DDEV-Local provides an easy-to-use, flexible, and powerful local development environment. In this short but concise book, you are going to master the key ideas behind DDEV-Local.Table of Contents
- DDEV-Local Explained
- Introducing Our Web Development Problem
- Professional Development Workflows Explained
- The Basics of DDEV-Local Explained
- Installing a New Drupal Site in DDEV-Local Explained
- Installing a New WordPress Site in DDEV-Local Explained
- Cloning an Existing Drupal Site to DDEV-Local Explained
- Cloning an Existing WordPress Site to DDEV-Local Explained
- Integrating DDEV-Local with a Hosting Provider
- Using the Most Common DDEV-Local Commands
- Extending DDEV-Local Commands Explained
- Useful DDEV-Local Tips and Tricks
- Integrating Apache Solr with Drupal and DDEV-Local Explained
- Using DDEV Local with Xdebug and PhpStorm Explained
- What's Next?