BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 11, 2013
Quite possibly I am a minority in the fandom in not being able to stand Abigail both child and adult in the trilogy episodes of the television series. At both ages she was a total brat and in the child episode even a bit of a creeper with the way she would suddenly appear on the scene. Honestly I try my best not to let this opinion rub off on Sammy-Jo since though she was born to Abigail she is not Abigail. Hence my not quitting on this novel when she's introduced as the 'familiar face' the back cover references.

As for this novel it is clear that I am again the minority, at least on Amazon as it did not impress me. If this portrayal of Sammy-Jo were an attempt to get me to see the possibility of a likable, strong character it got the opposite result. Particularly her attitude following Al's appearance to her made it very difficult for me to separate her from Abigail as she had become the same brat. Sure the appearance was scary and the story insane but to believe that even the most rotten of people would get so fancy (advanced technology and such) with a trick and to throw the childish tantrum she did was in my opinion unnecessary. Apologies but I wanted to slap her.

On a more positive note the notion that her society had treated her intelligence as a Catholic does one who is believed to be possessed by a demon was quite a unique angle and contrast against Sam's upbringing and did induce some sympathy from me. My heart certainly went out to Sam when she attacked him for trying to reveal himself. It saddened me how that got me thinking that he can never truly be a father. He deserves to be, he'd be an amazing one. Honestly it escapes my understanding why the project believes she shouldn't be able to know that Sam is her natural father. At least in this instance Sam may have gotten some comfort from that. Though another thing that doesn't add up for me is how with her off the charts IQ could she not on her own put together the Dr. Beckett she works for with her grandmother's 'Walk-in named Sam'. Obviously this author suggests that her academic intelligence doesn't also translate to faith. That's the way it tends to be with scientists, and so she got something of Sam's besides his IQ.

Looking at the project portrayal in this novel, the theory the leapee was spewing about how he as well as all other of the leapees there have been could in fact be Sam in some extreme form of Dissociative Identify Disorder absolutely chilled me. Very intriguing viewpoint. Jerk though, he was supposed to be helping them locate Sam and determine what his assignment was not arguing for the damn committee!

And that brief ending moment, I won't give it away, was predictable. Totally saw that coming after television episodes like 'Starlight, Starbright' and 'Beast Within'.

Still however, despite some interesting concepts I was not impressed enough to own my own copy as I do most of the novel series(borrowed it from my best friend) nor convinced me to embrace Sammy-Jo.
on May 24, 2013
This book does an excellent job of tying in the characters from the TV show into a brand new story line. I was always disappointed that the TV show was not able to do more with Sam's Daughter and was very glad that this book stepped up to the task. The book also does a terrific job tying in what was going on at "The Project," while at the same time following Sam on his leap. 5 stars!!
on July 30, 1998
I really enjoyed Loch Ness Leap. It's the first QL book I've read but I enjoyed the way it used two previous leaps from the TV series. It futhered developed the personalities working in the present (future) time. The way the book deals with the delema of time travel and hinting at Ziggy's God likeness was excellent I wish that would have been developed more, even the possiblitiy that it is Ziggy that somehow is keeping Sam from coming home.
on March 20, 1999
Unarguably, one of the best Ql books . . . right next to Pulitzer. Sammi Jo's irritation w/ Harding is very understandable, but you've just gotta feel sorry for Sam when he tries to let her know who he is! The girl just won't listen. Of course, neither would I. She's had a hard life. But hacking into Ziggy? That was brilliant!
on November 29, 1998
This installment in the series involves Sam's daughter Sammy Jo. A must read for any fan of the series.